Volrath
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Six more Iron Maiden songs coming to Rock Band on Tuesday and for some reason my voice is shot. This can not stand. Anyone have any suggestions for how to recover it over the weekend?
    Ronove
    Ronove
    I've heard tea and honey works!
    hyde9318
    hyde9318
    I second Ronove. It ias actually what I do before a gig.
    I teased this quite a while back, but we did eventually get it done. If any MotW fans want some more insight into how we picked songs for the soundtrack, we have a guest entry here on NPPM. http://nppm.tumblr.com/
    Following up on my earlier comment, I don't have any issues with the mods actually closing the thread - that's a tough judgment call. But what's more discouraging is the direction both of those threads ultimately went in beforehand...granted, the first was much more toxic than the second. But it seems that when these particularly sensitive issues come up, some people expect to be accused of some kind of bigotry/insensitivity for their points...and so they pre-emptively DECIDE that...
    Volrath
    Volrath
    But even a strongly-worded opinion is not necessarily an accusation of anything on its own. It's true that a calmer approach will always work better in a discussion, but someone being passionate about a subject doesn't need to provoke a super-defensive reaction. Wait until someone calls you a bigot before you decide you're being accused of bigotry.
    Ronove
    Ronove
    +100 for Volrath!
    Knightmare
    Knightmare
    That was said well Vol. To everyone getting into a discussion. Keep your cool and listen. Politely disagree if you disagree, getting bent out of shape does not help you further your point. We're all peeps with varying opinions and outlooks.
    Wha? The female thread got closed too? This trend is decidedly not awesome.
    Hesufo
    Hesufo
    "A little too personally", "a little too far". Is that really worthy of closing a thread? It takes two to spark up a flame war, and that thread was light-years far from that. I'm pretty sure the community can cool down and regulate themselves without mods jumping in with BIG BOLD RED CHILL PILLS and closing threads.

I dislike how the community is being treated like a bunch of elementary schoolers.
    Ronove
    Ronove
    If the owner of the thread asked for it to be closed, it'll be closed (I'm pretty sure that's what happened). I think they were preventing it from getting any farther anyway because some people can't keep their cool in discussions that make them uncomfortable.
    Des
    Des
    "owner"? a thread is a CONVERSATION, it isn't OWNED by anybody. just because somebody starts a topic doesn't mean ****. you can't whine and say "i dont wanna talk about this anymore". that's a horrible approach to running a discussion board.

the idea that someone can ask for any discussion—especially one that becomes lively and engaging to plenty of other people involved—to be closed simply because they STARTED THE THREAD is ridiculous.

a...
    Going to watch a brutal horror movie that will likely be more intellectually rewarding than the last thread I read.
    Asterisk
    Asterisk
    which movie? :o
    Volrath
    Volrath
    "Murder Set-Pieces." Wasn't very good, one of those impulse viewings on Netflix streaming. OH WAIT SORRY, I DON'T WANT TO SOUND LIKE I AM CALLING ANYONE WHO DID LIKE THE MOVIE BIGOTED! I GUESS I BETTER JUST NOT SPEAK AT ALL CAUSE THAT WAY NOBODY WILL RANDOMLY DECIDE TO BE THREATENED WITH THE SAME AMOUNT OF SERIOUSNESS I DEVOTE TO CHOOSING MY BREAKFAST IN THE MORNING! OH WAIT THAT MIGHT BE BIGOTED TOWARDS CHATTY PEOPLE.
    randomuser
    A fellow Connecticut person. :o
    Ever notice how sometimes certain songs become linked with certain projects if you listen to them at the right time? I usually don't feel comfortable actually putting these songs in a game, but sometimes they wind up in trailers! For better or worse, Legacy seems to have become linked to "Fragile Dreams" by Anathema...
    Sailerius
    Sailerius
    This happens to me all the time. If I come up with an idea when listening to a song, then listening to that song subsequent times makes me recall that idea (and vice versa). It's pretty handy for recording insights if I do it intentionally.
    Lunarea
    Lunarea
    Oh, yes. If I ever feel unmotivated with TUAH, I just have to listen to one particular song and it all comes back. I'm probably going to put it in the end-game.
    My brother is starting a music blog and he wants me to write a guest entry about the process of selecting the music for Master of the Wind. Is that something anyone here would be interested in?
    Lunarea
    Lunarea
    Definitely!
    Ronove
    Ronove
    So totally definitely but you already knew I'd say that.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Our water started to work again, now i don't have to fill up our toilet with water again.
Finally able to return to work after months of lockdown. My poor feet are hurting :( I need to get used to working again haha
My birthday was yesterday and tomorrow marks the day my grandpa died around 5-6 years ago. I think about him a lot, and surprisingly had grown to become interested in programming- something he'd done for a living among other things. Funny how life works. I'm just glad I was able to enjoy yesterday with my immediate family. Anyway- guess who's 9 + 10?
Sometimes I don't understand my life LOL :3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lee117