Recent content by Volrath

1. Volrath

RMMV Brite (IGMC2017) and game resources

I thought this game was really neat, although quite challenging. It's a nice simple concept, I'd encourage people to try it out.
  2. Volrath

VNMaker Community Review of IGMC 2017 Contest

Judge here. I have some thoughts too. Pros We met all of our judging deadlines with time to spare. Without celebrity judges taking their sweet time, the four of us finished our work ahead of schedule and actually were able to accommodate a judge who got sick suddenly by taking a few days off...
  3. Volrath

RMVXA [IGMC 2017] The Golden Pearl

I enjoyed this game and have a second playthrough in progress. This time around I'd really like to figure out that area with the six movable stones. What's going on there, anyway?
  4. Volrath

Can someone tell me what is GamerGate?

Generalizations are tough with that one, because there's a few different agendas behind that hashtag. But there seem to be two primary modes of gamergate from what I've seen. -People concerned about corruption in game journalism in regard to the close relationship between companies/developers...
  5. Volrath

2014 IGMC Results!

Congratulations to all the winners! I will be putting up a series of reviews of the seven winners over the next few weeks on the RMW Blog, so keep an eye out!
  6. Volrath

Those old Might and Magic games are CLASSIC. Major first bump, dude.

Those old Might and Magic games are CLASSIC. Major first bump, dude.
  7. Volrath

Videogame journalism is ridiculously unprofessional...and yes, even compared to the rest of the...

Videogame journalism is ridiculously unprofessional...and yes, even compared to the rest of the mainstream media.
  8. Volrath

The Farming One [Finished!]

This game was a lot of fun! I was surprised how addictive it was just to keep gathering money and buying stuff. I think with the contest over, you guys should consider a larger, more complex version of this. You've got a great foundation already. Good stuff.
  9. Volrath

Sunken Spire [Game Released]

Well, I had a fantastic time playing this! As a Team Dragonfly fanboy, I was excited about the art and I wasn't let down. The profiles, the picture cutscenes and the menu all looked great. All the battlers were really neat too, especially the different forms of the slime. Speaking of...
  10. Volrath

If you have nothing nice to say... say nothing at all?

Comparing someone's game to the dirty waste that you collect in plastic bags and throw in a bin outside your house is rude.  But it goes back to what I was saying before, you have to ask yourself whether you actually want to help the designer. If all you want to do is vent about how much the...
  11. Volrath

World Remade

What he meant is that only a few battles are required to actually advance the plot until the end. Most of the monsters are guarding items and such but you don't actually have to fight them if you want to go quickly. You'll be lower-leveled than you would be normally when you come up against the...
  12. Volrath

If you have nothing nice to say... say nothing at all?

I think that if you sincerely want to help someone, that will show through even if most of the feedback you give is critical. But if all you want to do is scold someone for making a game design decision that drove you nuts, that will also show through and it's not any help. The whole "all...
  13. Volrath

Rate Each Game out of 5!

No kidding. That means you're a serious oldbie like me. What name did you go by back then?
  14. Volrath

Rate Each Game out of 5!

I know everyone's jumping on this, but I want to add 2 cents because I've been there. I envy people with enough talent to produce quality art themselves. ArtBane and I are always relying on other people to pull this off. But we didn't start off with connections, not many people do. I doubt...
  15. Volrath

Sometimes antivirus programs behave a little too much like actual viruses for my taste.

Sometimes antivirus programs behave a little too much like actual viruses for my taste.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Our water started to work again, now i don't have to fill up our toilet with water again.
Finally able to return to work after months of lockdown. My poor feet are hurting :( I need to get used to working again haha
My birthday was yesterday and tomorrow marks the day my grandpa died around 5-6 years ago. I think about him a lot, and surprisingly had grown to become interested in programming- something he'd done for a living among other things. Funny how life works. I'm just glad I was able to enjoy yesterday with my immediate family. Anyway- guess who's 9 + 10?
Sometimes I don't understand my life LOL :3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lee117