Sep 7, 2018

Awarded Medals 1

Birthday:
Mar 22, 1991 (Age: 27)

Share This Page

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers, Male, 27, from The Voicelands

Veteran

Just saw, that indiegala is doing some big steam key giveaway this summer. Aug 24, 2018

Vox Novus was last seen:
Sep 7, 2018
    1. Vox Novus
      Vox Novus
      Just saw, that indiegala is doing some big steam key giveaway this summer.
      1. Marquise* likes this.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Its only available for a few hours throughout the day though so you have to check for updates on it.
        Aug 24, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Nice to lettuce know! ^^
        Aug 25, 2018
        Vox Novus likes this.
    2. Vox Novus
      Vox Novus
      I'm finally trying out To the Moon; had it on steam for awhile now.
      1. Dalph and Finnuval like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        @Vox Novus it is incomplete, which is sad, apparently the dev put it on hiatus or something. Only few chapter and it's done though. At this point I have no hope if they will ever finish it. Been waiting since 2012, like Half-Life :(
        Aug 17, 2018
        Vox Novus likes this.
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        @TheoAllen That's unfortunate. If its an incomplete story I probably won't check it out then. I'd hate to get into it only to have it end suddenly with no real closure or proper ending. Seems most of what they have do now is to the moon related; which is hard to blame them for.
        Aug 17, 2018
      5. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Update, I finished the game. It definitely picks up in the later half and I enjoyed those segments the most. I'm curious to see another game. I still felt it was odd how it wants you to explore and interact and sometimes it doesn't; it takes that away from you and wants you to just passively participate. I sort of wished it would make its mind up.
        Aug 18, 2018
    3. Vox Novus
      1. SpaceBot likes this.
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Yeah, I read the terms of use. Still thought it was neat and fans of the game might like it (I'm not really one). Can use it on social media and youtubers/streamers might find some use for it. It would be nice if there was a simpler way to describe it for fans besides the massive legalese text wall.
        Aug 10, 2018
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        Well... the simple version is "for use on your fansite" with a little leeway from there, along with "don't use these to sell stuff cuz they're not yours."
        Aug 10, 2018
        Vox Novus likes this.
      5. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        @taarna23 I can only imagine how many of the game's younger fans completely ignored that big wall of text.
        Aug 10, 2018
        taarna23 likes this.
    4. Vox Novus
      Vox Novus
      Been watching a lot of fantasy/sci-fi movies lately; mostly older ones or mini-series/independent stuff.
      1. BloodletterQ, Marsigne and Dalph like this.
      3. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        okay that sounds really cool. Are we talking the book zaniness or the movie kind of zaniness?
        Aug 5, 2018
        Vox Novus likes this.
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Maybe more movie zaniness than the book. I don't quite want to go full on Hookah caterpillar. Mostly want some grounded creative humanoid-esque creatures and that fairy tale fantasy like world.
        Aug 5, 2018
        Finnuval likes this.
      5. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        Lol, well the book kinda shifts between in-your-face-over-the-top nutty to very subtle but yeah the movie has a nice flow of crazy to it.

Anyway wish you luck with that awesome idea of yours!
        Aug 5, 2018
        Vox Novus likes this.
    5. Arisa
      Arisa
      omfg you're alive
      1. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Indeed I appear to be. Either that, or I've been replaced by a computer A.I. fulfilling the same functions. As for the answer the forums may never truly know.
        Jul 22, 2018
        Marquise* and Arisa like this.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Jul 28, 2018
        Vox Novus likes this.
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Jul 29, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
    6. Vox Novus
      Vox Novus
      You can definitely become too critical of your own work after looking at it long enough.
      1. Marquise* and Zeriab like this.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Sometimes after seeing others and looking yours even longer, you learn to appreciate it! ^^
        Jul 29, 2018
        Vox Novus likes this.
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        That's an interesting perspective.
        Jul 30, 2018
        Marquise* likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Sometimes it helps. I see illustrators I admire draw live but the piece on the title pose on YouTube and all the way creating the piece I am no... no.. ishhh. Then I look the finished image and the accidents I noticed and how I missed them being part of the final and if I would never ever had saw them and now they are bigger that the love I had for the image I fell for at the beginning. XD
        Jul 30, 2018
        Vox Novus likes this.
    7. Vox Novus
      Vox Novus
      What do you think a race of human-like frogs would live in?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Frogboy
        Jul 12, 2018
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        @Frogboy An underwater city would be neat! I think its a little more than I'm up for at the moment with making though.
        Jul 12, 2018
        starlight dream, Frogboy and SpaceBot like this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        On a venusian fly trap farm?
        Jul 15, 2018
    8. Vox Novus
      Vox Novus
      Definitely that time of year again in the U.S., fireworks have been going off these past few days.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        @SpaceBot: You can even buy your own fireworks and use them anywhere (within limits ofc), as long as you don't go overboard or injure other people nobody cares. In Italy you really have to work hard to get fined or jailed. Glad you enjoyed the food though, it's something we are proud of.
        Jul 4, 2018
        SpaceBot and Vox Novus like this.
      3. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        @Dalph that's pretty neat. I noticed after getting into a very minor car accident. We all just shrugged it off and apologized. Here it would have been a huge deal, police, etc.
        Jul 4, 2018
        Dalph and Vox Novus like this.
      4. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        The only bad experience I had was in Rome where an Indian guy had given me flowers ( which I already had ) and then got mad I didn't want to pay for more flowers so he ripped all of the flowers I had out of my hands. The... tax police?... saw and got after the guy lol
        Jul 4, 2018
    9. Vox Novus
      Vox Novus
      How is everybody? Its been awhile since I've been on, glad to see the site seems to be relatively how I remember.
      1. Verdelite, starlight dream and Dalph like this.
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        @Kes Hey, you to! Hope, all is well.
        Jun 29, 2018
      4. Kes
        Kes
        Not bad. While you were away I released another game (Shadows and Lies) which has been well received. Other than that, life goes on much as before.
        Jun 29, 2018
        Vox Novus likes this.
      5. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        @Kes Ah, well congrats are in order then. I'll go look it up later!
        Jun 29, 2018
    10. Marquise*
      Marquise*
      Hope you are well Vox!
    11. Vox Novus
      Vox Novus
      So tired from my new job, just sleep most of the time instead of making games. Need to get used to it I guess.
      1. Marquise* likes this.
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Definitely, its a very physical job to so my body is just worn out after 4 days of it. Guess I need to get into better shape to become more acclimated to it. Maybe new shoes to or something because my feet end up hurting a lot.
        May 17, 2017
        Marquise* and Arisa like this.
      4. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        Lots of hot baths and stretches. Make sure you're eating well enough for the increased level of activity, too.
        May 17, 2017
        Vox Novus likes this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Also... maybe a bit of meditation with the stretches too (yoga? Taichi?) Hope you'll get that energy rolling more and more strong for you and we can play with your games soon! :D
        Jun 1, 2017
    12. Vox Novus
      Vox Novus
      The first trailer for the Dark Tower movie is out!
      1. Marquise*, Lantiz and Dalph like this.
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        Not too sure about it but I learned to not judge from a trailer. As a fan of the books though I really hope it won't disappoint.
        May 4, 2017
        Susan and Vox Novus like this.
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        I thought the trailer was good for a first trailer. Idris Elba has a nice haggard tough guy presence. I'm definitely rooting for this movie.
        May 4, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Woo... I was wondering about that one as someone who was a King reader kinda explained the master of horror's universe! (From SONY thought.)
        May 6, 2017
    13. Vox Novus
      Vox Novus
      In a bit of a slump now. Not sure what to do for my first MV game.
      1. Hollow 1977 and Guiguimu like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Could even have a villain who is angry at the muffin world for being slightly burnt. However, in the end, he discovers that even a slightly burnt muffin can be just as yummy as a normal muffin; thus the muffin war ends.
        Apr 29, 2017
        Guiguimu and Vox Novus like this.
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Lol, that's almost too much. At the least it has the makings for a lovely children's story. The angry Muffin, The burnt muffin that could...
        Apr 29, 2017
        Guiguimu and The Stranger like this.
      5. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Maybe look at some anime and comics to get some ideas. Mine usually come thru my dreams or at work.
        May 1, 2017
        Vox Novus likes this.
    14. Vox Novus
      Vox Novus
      Alright! Just got Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen in the mail!
      1. Guiguimu and Chiara like this.
      3. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        Enjoy it! Ive gotten so many hours out of it.
        Apr 11, 2017
        Vox Novus likes this.
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        @gub Know this was a while ago but I really enjoyed the game. I played on 360 so nobody rented my pawn cause most people that play now are already at the highest level and just doing end game stuff (its on steam though).
        Apr 29, 2017
      5. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        This game was extremely fun to play and the pawn system is awesome, every rpg like that where there is AI party members should strive to have them learn like dragon's dogma did. Unfortunately while the real story of the game is good its build-up is terrible. I also felt it unrealistic that Gransys is basically just one capital city and a fishing town. I mean really? not one other small village or town?
        Apr 29, 2017
    15. Vox Novus
      Vox Novus
      8-bit Bayonetta!
      1. Dalph likes this.
    16. Vox Novus
      Vox Novus
      Dig the fancy banner, rpg maker web!
      1. Lantiz, Dalph and Kes like this.
      2. Kes
        Kes
        Agreed. When I first logged on today I thought I was perhaps on the main store page, as I associate animated banners with there. A great way to draw everyone's attention to the latest news.
        Apr 1, 2017
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Absolutely. Now there's no reason to miss things like the latest MV update!
        Apr 1, 2017
    17. Vox Novus
      Vox Novus
      Well, just finished up a project. Think I'll take a short break to get into a small game to play. Hmm...I've yet to play To the Moon.
      1. Lerbert and Arisa like this.
      2. Arisa
        Arisa
        It was nice knowing you, have fun on the moon.
        Mar 30, 2017
        Vox Novus likes this.
    18. Vox Novus
      Vox Novus
      Just played Brothers: Tale of two sons. Fun little game! Wish it had been a bit longer though.
      1. Marquise* likes this.
      3. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        I take it that you would recommend it? I will kinda use the TTM (To The Moon) scale to know how much I should play this. :p TTM being 10!
        Mar 19, 2017
        Vox Novus likes this.
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        @Marquise* I haven't tried To the moon yet (have it in my steam back log though). Anyway, considering the short length and that it isn't a great time investment to play it, probably a 7/10. Grab it on a steam sale or something, you won't regret trying it out.
        Mar 20, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      5. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Will do! seems like a non-pretentious gem with potential!
        Mar 20, 2017
        Vox Novus likes this.
    19. Vox Novus
      Vox Novus
      So much snow, everyone send blankets!
      1. Marquise* likes this.
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        I live in New York. Glad you got through it. Supposed to start to pass later tonight or tomorrow.
        Mar 16, 2017
        Marquise* likes this.
      4. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        Wensday I just torn my ankle in a giant snowbank/bed and had all troubles to get back up from my rear even with a cane. :p I felt like a young kid discovering snow for the first time again! (You know...like when they loose balance easy in the snow and they stumble everywhere in their heavy snow suits?)
        Mar 17, 2017
        Vox Novus likes this.
      5. Arisa
        Arisa
        lol, it's like 90 degrees here :p
        Mar 19, 2017
        Marquise* and Marsigne like this.
    20. Vox Novus
      Vox Novus
      1. mlogan likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 22, 1991 (Age: 27)
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hi everyone, thanks for visiting!
    I'm a fan of all types of rpgs, also a big fan of action games, puzzle games, adventure games and fighting games. I tend to read a lot of fantasy novels but also like mystery stories like sherlock holmes. I've watched anime for years since I was a kid; although I'm into different genres more than I was then, also watch superhero shows/movies and fantasy/sci-fi shows, I've watched wwe since I was like 8 so I'm pretty into pro wrestling to. I'm a big fan of trading card games as well and currently have gotten back into magic the gathering.

My Stuff:

Games:
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/what-lies-within.71985/
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/the-beanstalk-commercial.58035/

My primary resource thread: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/43190-vox-novus-cartoon-battlers-and-etc/

Signature

My Content:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]