Vox Novus
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Oh boy, im ready for this week to be over. How about everyone else, the week treat you right?
    I am having atrocious luck with buying phone cases online. After my first debacle of it the one I ordered not showing up, I refund it and order another one. Finally got the second one in the mail only to get the wrong size for my phone. Now I have to try and refund and return that one. Dang it, I'm getting miffed. 
    Reactions: 3 people
    BoredSoul
    BoredSoul
    At least you can select them.

You don't know how much trouble I went to for mine.

I saw this one I loved way too much,but it wasn't Iphone5s stuff.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Idk im about to just forget getting one. This will be my third attempt at getting one and at this point its becoming a big hassle.
    Well the holidays are over and its a new year, let's get back to some down and dirty game making everyone!
    Reactions: 4 people
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Thank God. :p This time of year always feels like it drags on far longer than it should - multiple bank holidays, periods in which shops do not open, and far too many people milling about the place. Looking forward to being able to rebuild my routine which keeps my mind in order.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Yeah, its nice when stores aren't packed all the time, lol.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Well said VoX!
    Tis, the season! What's everyone's favorite classical christmas special or movie? I've always loved Jack Frost and also been a big fan of all the Rudolph ones.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Yes it is!  I knew the name in French and... Hey... Ça veux dire que tu parles Fraçais aussi!  Joyeux Noël!

(Marvelous finding other francophones on-line!)
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    Niten Ichi Ryu
    damn, I thought people already knew I was a froggy. Maybe I should even change my pseudo for "l'ecole des deux sabres" to make it more obvious.

Joke aside, that movie even happens in north of France, where I'm from.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Hahaha!  Awwww!  Cool it even reached the right historical cultural path here over the internet.

Hey, I need to know what was the name of that bourg in France in more medieval times where an army was about to attack but all the town soldiers were actually out elsewhere and the mayor of the place struck a deal to let at least the women go to spare them and the invaders allowed the women to get out of there with all they could carry on their back and... well the women all carried their husbands on their back and so the sisters their brothers etc... and the place was taken without violence and they kinda asked the population to return having a big laugh with no one on any sides injured?

(I use that one a lot as example but...  *sigh* I knew that one before widely used internet and my memory can't pin-point the names and dates for whenever I try to link that story to anyone as real reference for gaming template somewhere.)
    Making tiles is definitely a very different experience than drawing. I think i end up straining my eyes looking into the little details.
    I'm guessing the phone case I ordered that was suppose to be here by November 30th probably isn't going to arrive.
    Reactions: 2 people
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Okay, update. Apparently Amazon says the seller can no longer be reached via email because they've left Amazon or are no longer eligible to receive further email communications. Urgh...Its just a cheap phone case, I hate when things are this difficult for little things like that.
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    @bgillisp (patient kinda 1 to 3 secs but do not miss it!)

Maybe what is lost is around that place in space;
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Did the seller have at least a 95% rating? You might try ebay they have higher ratings than those of amazon and you can usually get a refund depending on the seller and paypal also offers refunds if the item did not arrive as described or failed to arrive at all.
    Oh boy, when your phone and your computer both start acting really funky at the same time. Think I nearly had a heart attack.  :o
    Reactions: 1 person
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I'd start a paranoid fit!  After all with all those 2 ways activation codes... I wonder if anyone wanting to isolate someone for something if it would be the best way!  Hope you still have that land phone...  Unless, somebody cuts the line also.

:o  
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    and the warranties have just run out. :o
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    You know what? Somebody called me home today thinking he was at the next appartment door phone.  o_O  HOW DID HE GET MY PHONE???
    Guys (and Gals)! Ubisoft has its December free game up for their 30th anniversary celebration. Assasins Creed 3! I'm excited about this one myself, since I've never tried the series.

https://club.ubisoft.com/de-de/ubi30
    NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    From what I remember 3 was pretty good. Possibly a bit slow to start, but once you're in it's pretty fun. 
    Okay, decided to set up a recruitment page for my project looking for playtesters. First time reaching out to the community in this manner, oddly enough. I know I'm in good hands though.  :rock-left: B) :rock-right:
    Well since I'm finished with a project and just waiting for feedback from playtesters. Time to relax a bit and play some games!
    Reactions: 4 people
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Sort of you got the idea though. Halloween bash was the prequel to halloween flop that came out after the first one. Both are fun little games and Halloween RM classics.

Basically I was inspired by how the game had that retro classic you could have missed feel, it was more of a quirky game though. Mine while definitely quirky and playful has more serious underlying plot elements. I decided to fully embrace the retro vibe though, all the character art and battlers have been put through pixelize filters and other stuff is pixel art. All sound effects used are retro sounding and all the music is retro styled or inspired by classics from retro games.

My forum buddy @Lerbert even made a number of custom songs for the game, either through his workshop or just because he enjoyed the project idea.

Here's a vid I made awhile back showing off a boss battle. There's been some slight superficial changes since then though. The song used here is one of Lerbert's creations and was made to evoke the feel of Magus's Theme from chrono trigger. Will let you know when its out. 
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Even though I'm not a huge fan of retro games, I can admire and appreciate the amount of effort put into them. The music sounds great, both the small section before the battle and the battle theme itself. All of the SFXes fit right in, too. Also, you have a cat as a party member? One which also makes meowing sounds! :o
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Whatever it is doing, good luck!
    So I was a winner in this steam key giveaway contest that was giving away a bunch of keys for games (mostly nothing really good, small sometimes bad games) that I had entered.

Basically the first key I got had been activated by another account. So they send me one for a different game, same thing happened. Then they send me keys to try for two more games and the same thing occurred.

After that I just told them to forget it; shouldn't be that difficult and its just an unneeded hassle.
    A spiffy line for some sort of nee'r do well character: Fortune favors the bold and I'm just bold enough to favor a fortune!
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I was wondering.  Hey, I don<t share my lines that much but... if they all are all yours.  Please do use them in your games and plug them.  I do remember the "Don't ever tell me the odds." from Han Solo!
    PsychicToaster
    PsychicToaster
    Anything I don't specifically say someone can't use is 100% up for grabs lol. I write lines for people all the time. And quotes. 
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Best place/moments to make homages.  :)
    I'm super into making baked chicken wings lately.
    kovak
    kovak
    Maybe i can eat that
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!  I kinda had my share last week!  YUMMMY!  And huh poor chickens.

Errr are we typing about cannibalism here?  I thought buffalo wings... arr huh.. errgh I'm so confused
    kovak
    kovak
    HU3HU3HU3
    So I backed a project for the first time on kickstarter awhile back; I won't mention it or anything for obvious forum rule reasons but its a very nerve wracking experience! You want the project to succeed so I'm checking it for funding progress and am worried it won't make it.

I got so hyped up about the project to donate that it would be quite the let down to see it fail. I'm glad this isn't something I do often; I don't think I can handle the disappointment of it!
    Honesty, I'm at the point where I just don't want to comment on anything in facebook anymore; no matter what you say people attack you for just having an opinion on something and take crap way too seriously. This is already the second time in a week where I've been seriously stressed out just because of facebook comments from people on posts.  I mean come on its a tv show or a game or etc...relax the heck out! For someone who struggles with anxiety and has little communication with people in actual person, I don't need further anxiety online. Only problem is I lose communication on basically all fronts. Already trying to adjust my notification settings because it just bothers me.
    I swear, I get the wackiest pokemon go signal/location read where I live. It will move around even when standing still (enough so that if I leave it running long enough I can actually accumulate a small amount of distance/steps for my eggs), one time I opened the game and I got the driving/passenger warning while standing completely still. Its also registered as me being in the wrong town before from where I live.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    That's just the way GPS works.  It has to do with the way the system checks and rechecks where you are and the fact that the earth and the satellites that run the GPS are moving quite fast themselves.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    I admit its slightly amusing at times, such as getting that extra bit to hatch an egg just by leaving my phone laying on my table. Although, actually running into pokemon outside is usually far between.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Yeah, same for me.  So many gaming things like this are built for people living in a metropolitan area, it doesn't work right for people in suburbs or rural areas.
    On this day where one gives thanks, let me give a shout out to rpgmakerweb and the community members that make it what it is. I'm thankful to have a place and a product that let's me enjoy a hobby easily and creates a welcoming environment to do so.

:wub:
    Okay, decided to treat myself a little with the steam sale despite not having a lot of excess funds. Settled on Grandia II since I haven't played any of the Grandia games. Its been awhile since I've really got into a lengthy rpg so I'm looking forward to playing it quite a bit.

Still need to finish making my project though; yeah I'll still get it done by next week! Maybe, I hope...
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Thanks, lol. I ended up picking up a few cheaper games but the feeling isn't quite the same was wanting to play a nice rpg like that. For about the same price (less than 1$ more) I got:

Inexistence

ZanZarah: The Hidden Portal

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

Eternal Destiny
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    LOL Eternal Destiny kinda seems a real statement of Final Fantasy if they put sequels around.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Actually its a collectible card game (published by Degica to boot). Nothing like FF. It does have that same fantasy Synonym thing going on though. 

There's a fun party game; see who can come up with the most synonyms for final fantasy for a rpg game title.
    I just got the most devious automated call imaginable. They even had the automated voice sound like she was fumbling with her headset in the beginning and apologize for it to make her seem like she was actually talking to you. 
    taarna23
    taarna23
    One was my ISP, the other was PayPal (they get crabby if your account goes negative because the bank goofed). Neither made any attempt to inform me of who they were; only that they wanted me to wait for the next available person. I only learned who they were by googling the number that called.
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    @taarna23 That's terrible; poor customer service. 
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    Next time have fun and try to sell something back to it :p
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Todays progress report: just a couple icon changes, but it makes a huge difference! :D
I just discovered there's a dark theme on here! :kaoluv:

(Click on "SWIFT" at the bottom of the page.)
Just a little light in standard RTP do magic

I think while watching the latest Visustella video, a close inspection reveals that the quest log might be coming back?
I see some threads pinned in the Useful Development Tools section. I wonder, what are the criteria to get a thread pinned?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HuSpook