VoxPopuli
Last Activity:
Jan 20, 2015

Share This Page

VoxPopuli

WatchFire, Male, from South Atlantic Region

Veteran

I like this Douglas Adams quote and with regards to my projects it is sometimes all too true: “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” -- Douglas Adams (The Salmon of Doubt) Aug 23, 2014

VoxPopuli was last seen:
Jan 20, 2015
    1. VoxPopuli
      VoxPopuli
      I like this Douglas Adams quote and with regards to my projects it is sometimes all too true: “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” -- Douglas Adams (The Salmon of Doubt)
      1. VoxPopuli
        VoxPopuli
        ^

Why this comment? Because unfortunately in the forums you cannot have just a blank status update post feed. Thus I'm going to use this as the default quote whenever my profile feed (what is seen on member name mouseover) is out of date and I don't want to replace it with another. I should be able to delete any future status update that becomes out-of-date and it should default back to this. We shall see ...
        Aug 23, 2014
    2. VoxPopuli
      VoxPopuli
    3. VoxPopuli
      VoxPopuli
      1. VoxPopuli
        VoxPopuli
        Fyi: I'm "VoxSpiritus" on DeviantArt, since VoxPopuli was already taken :p
        Jul 20, 2014
      2. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        Well it is a dayum good photo, well done!
        Jul 20, 2014
      3. VoxPopuli
        VoxPopuli
        @ Scythuz, thank you!
        Jul 20, 2014
    4. VoxPopuli
      VoxPopuli
    5. VoxPopuli
      VoxPopuli
      Spectres : a film poem, the non-entry version with sound for Weekly Art Challenge #25
    6. VoxPopuli
      VoxPopuli
      Just finished test beta #2 of an animation I'm working on:
      1. Wyn Wizard
        Wyn Wizard
        the video is down man.
        Jul 16, 2014
    7. VoxPopuli
      VoxPopuli
      Here's a rough first cut of a video animation I've been working on today:
      1. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        It's quite nice, though the Sprite/image of the leafs tend to notably scale while falling.
        Jul 14, 2014
      2. VoxPopuli
        VoxPopuli
        Thanks for the catch! I'll check into the scaling -- only the last one is supposed to scale significantly.
        Jul 14, 2014
    8. VoxPopuli
      VoxPopuli
      Thumbs up: to extended voting period for People's Choice, now trying to play whole games! Thumbs down: no editing feature for comments, I make spelling/grammar mistakes, have to delete, then re-comment
    9. VoxPopuli
      VoxPopuli
    10. VoxPopuli
      VoxPopuli
      I am trying to give as many games a chance (and my vote!) so I can only sample each entry for approximately 20 minutes and I still can't cover them all.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. VoxPopuli
        VoxPopuli
        I too believe in PR, but I also look at genre, description, etc. What bugs me is the lack of time we are given, if we wanted to sample all 700 of IGMC games @ 20 min. each that would be 233 hours!
        Jul 5, 2014
      3. VoxPopuli
        VoxPopuli
        @Matseb2611 : I respect that approach, but, for me, that would severely limit the number of votes I could cast, and I want to show support to game-makers.
        Jul 5, 2014
      4. Matseb2611
        Matseb2611
        Yeah, I can understand. I feel the same. But even if you just vote for 10 games, that's already 10 devs supported, which is not bad at all.
        Jul 5, 2014
    11. VoxPopuli
      VoxPopuli
      I'm setting up now to gameplay and vote on entries (mostly games from members on this site). Time, or lack thereof, is a big factor, including download times. I noticed some IGMC voters are basing their votes on LPs and trailers, what's other folks take on this?
      1. VoxPopuli
        VoxPopuli
        Personally I'm planning to gameplay as much as possible.
        Jul 4, 2014
      2. JacobM
        JacobM
        I believe a good honest opinion always come from playing a game yourself. If you don't have time... Then watch an LP. But if you plan on reviewing something play it for yourself first if possible.
        Jul 4, 2014
    12. VoxPopuli
      VoxPopuli
    13. VoxPopuli
      VoxPopuli
      I just had to post in the Weekly Art Challenge thread the regrettable reason why I have no entry in the challenge this week.
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Details pending ...

In brief, I want to translate my decades long fascination and love for RPG games into the realm of development and creation.  This site appears to be an excellent environment to learn and grow.  Much of the technical savvy and artistry that I have seen exhibited in the forums and elsewhere is remarkable and inspiring.  Once I have honed my skills with the app and had a chance to get acquainted with the many talented people out there I would like to transition into commercial game development.  In addition to gaming, process management and entrepeneurship are areas of interest and RPG Maker seems to be a fun way to combine business with pleasure, and vice versa.

Note:  I was born in 1954 so ...let's just say I am an Ojiisan (as in お爺さん or おじいさん) :)

Game Design, Development and Marketing
    Early Foreign and Independent Films
    Classical Music (including Medieval, Renaissance, Baroque)
    Process Management and Entrepreneurship
    Writing and Creating
    Game Collecting
    Photoshop

Signature

Signature

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]