Recent content by WarpBanshee

1. Need help with an event, or a different implementation.

WOW. I feel so foolish... I didn't realize that his script was actually storing the Skill ID TO the variable. I just thought it was creating a new variable so I had a way to reference it, which I could not figure out how. Because, it's WAY simpler than what I was trying to do... Thank you so...
  2. Need help with an event, or a different implementation.

Sorry if that wasn't clear, I know the script picks a skill and store it to a variable ID. For simplicity sake how do you CHECK what skill was used in conditional branches is what I'm asking. Unless I literally I'm just overlooking it, the only conditional that exists for Skill is if it is...
  3. Need help with an event, or a different implementation.

My game's battle will all take place on the map in a "turn" based combat using variables to store enemy stats. Example: You walk up to a cow, you get engaged in combat, you have the options to Attack or Cancel (I want to add more commands.) When you press attack it uses stored variables to deal...
  4. Altering the formula for Speed.

I tried it out but it still doesn't seem to matter what the other stats are. It still only seems to take into account what the agility is and ignores everything else. I test battled with 4 actors and 5 mobs all with base stats of 1, turned up a few actors stats to 50, 100, 10 and the only one...
  5. Altering the formula for Speed.

Hey, I've been searching around and I cannot figure out how to change the formula that speed uses. I know the formula is: Game_Action.prototype.speed = function() { var agi = this.subject().agi; var speed = agi + Math.randomInt(Math.floor(5 + agi / 4)); if (this.item()) {...
  6. Help with Target Scope?

Oh I'm sorry, I am ONLY using this script to circumvent this particular problem which is not working. I would like to do without the script and not add to it, if possible. https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/gameplay-scripts/target-manager/ That's the script I was referring to, as it was...
  7. Help with Target Scope?

So I was testing out battles to balance out my skills and vary them and I ran into a problem that I can't seem to figure out myself. I'm trying to make everyone's basic attack actually worth using in certain situations. But the way the targeting scope works it's making having a basic attack...
  8. Bonuses to stats based on weapon choice.

Looks good thanks!
  9. Bonuses to stats based on weapon choice.

Does anyone know of a way to increase stats if a certain weapon is equipped? That sort of sounds confusing, but for example: Say I have a character that can choose a weapon proficiency, swords for example. It'll be in the form of a passive state and whenever they equip a sword they get a bonus...
  10. RMMV Damage Formula - ideas and help

Can anyone help me fix my formula? c = Math.randomInt(20) + a.atk; d = Math.randomInt(20) + b.def; if c> d; c=a.matk; else c=0; end; I'm trying to get a random number between 1-20 to essentially be "rolled" for both the attacker's ATK stat and the defender's defense stat, and if the ATK + roll...
  11. The rand function from VX ACE

The rand(x) function no longer seems to work for me in MV, having to do with Ruby to JavaScript I'm assuming. Is there a function for MV that does the exact same thing?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Jatopian wrote on war40k's profile.
What did you find for your plugin request?
Progress on my game for RSE is almost done! I should be able to release it next week.
Pfft! If other people would stop replying to threads, I could DOMINATE the Latest Posts box!
After so many hours of debugging, losing data to crashes, and slight adjustments.
BlackJack now deals cards perfectly! Time to adjust the background and implement the game logic so you can actually play it.BlackJack.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanjacksin