watermark
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
    After looking at my profile, I realized I've been on this forum for nearly NINE years. 1. Damn I'm old. 2. Appreciate the forum being there for us that long! 3. I like how you get annual badges at GameJolt for every year. I've only got 6 over there. Just saying. XD
    Reactions: RCXDan
    Avery
    Avery
    Well, just put in 10 pages of paperwork to apply for one, that will narrow the amount down xD "Write an essay about what you did for the community in those years, minimum 10000 words"
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    can I write hello world or a single sentence answering the question using a loop to get past that requirement?
    watermark
    watermark
    At GameJolt the system adds it for you automatically. They have a unique badge for every year. I just think it's a good idea. But maybe this forum doesn't have that kind of script. Oh well.
    Man, so conflicted. MZ is 35% off. I really should get it this time I think. But what if there's bigger discounts during Thanksgiving and Christmas...
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Buy now.
    If it gets a cheaper discount, refund.
    Then buy again.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I'm planning to get it with Bundle S during the next Steam-wide sale. Right now, not everything in Bundle S is discounted, but once the discounts hit, I'm finally making the leap.
    EmmaB
    EmmaB
    Don't you get an even better discount if you already own MV?
    1637578240467.png
    I don't understand how I can hate cleaning in RL, but I can spend hours enjoying cleaning virtual houses in House Flipper. What the? Why?!
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    Clicking wont get you dirty, hungry, tired and sore i guess :kaoswt2:
    VegaKotes
    VegaKotes
    And you can stop at anytime and shut down the game. If you do that IRL the mess is still there. Always watching. Always judging you. o____o
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Virtual cleaning seems more like sorting to me. I can also happily alphabetize books or files for hours. It could also be similar to how it's way more interesting to clean someone else's house than cleaning your own.
    I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.
    Sometimes it pays to play terrible games just to learn what NOT to do.
    Piyan Glupak
    Piyan Glupak
    Perhaps I could send you my game when it is finished?
    vietanhdang2017
    You will learn a lots play my games then. Should I pm you :)
    watermark
    watermark
    Thanks for the offer guys, but I am not a good reviewer. There are however plenty of very good (and entertaining) reviewers who do RM, for example search "d757gaming" on youtube. He did a great job reviewing my RM jam game Isekai Champions.
    I'm so glad that WOT trailer is out as it's my fav series. I'm also so scared they'll mess it up for the same reason. Well, at least Brandon's a consultant. It might work out.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I'm not getting my hopes up, books were better than movies even when movies used to be generally good, these days...yeah. It'd be nice but I fully expect a trainwreak wearing a Robert Jordan skinsuit to preach modern political dogma from rather than a reasonably faithful adaptation.
    watermark
    watermark
    I hope it doesn't go the way of Shannara TV: Excellent set pieces, beautiful people, terribly boring. I know some people liked it, but I just couldn't get into it like I did the books. Maybe it's the dialogue? I dunno, it's hard to say why. It makes you truly appreciate what they did with GOT. I actually found the books pretty dull: the TV series brought it to life.
    I'm familiar with MZ thanks to jam now. I say it's a better working and looking MV. Lots of plugins too and FOSSIL helps alot. It's not bad.
    Reactions: lianderson
    Gabrelik
    Gabrelik
    Agreed. I'll be diving deeper into it on the next project. Still a few to finish in MV first though.
    Alright, I submitted. I think it went through. Honestly, my game suxxxxxxx.... I mean I think the idea is good, but just didn't have enough time to pull it off. Oh well, that was the best I could do. Now I'm gonna go to sleep. Maybe in the next 2 weeks I'll do a fixed up non-contest version.
    Eliaquim
    Eliaquim
    Congratulations on finish it!
    Finishing a game for a jam is always a challenge. Be proud of yourself ^^
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    I see yours in the submission feed so it did go through :)
    watermark
    watermark
    @Eliaquim btw your Map Reveal plugin is a major part of the game. It's pretty awesome! Thanks for making it! I'll be looking at your other plugins too for other games.
    Oh man, 16 hours straight crunching MZ. Two days in a row. Why did I decide to join this contest again? XD Oh man, final sprint, it'll be far from perfect. It is what it is.
    I wonder if I should just crank out a short game with 100% RTP for the contest. No custom graphics or music. Haven't done that in a long time.
    Reactions: Ryisunique
    Aslanemperor
    Aslanemperor
    They have that new contest. Such a project would be perfect for it since the whole point of the contest is to show that you don't have to be able to work all kinds of technical magic to make a great game.
    Azihayya
    Azihayya
    Yeah! Totally! I think that'd make for a good exercise--and I'm looking to do something similar as I work my way towards ramping up to a bigger project, just to put some things in context.
    Whew, just finished a whirlwind of deadlines. Finally a tiny break. You know...I should go update my 2020 banner now.
    I really should find the time to get off my butt and change my signature banner from 2020 to 2021.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Shaz
    Shaz
    Shaz
    :rolleyes: You are SO out-of-date!
    Well early Happy New Year peoples! I feel obligated to point out it's looking like there won't be an IGMC again this year. Although with MZ just out, Degica might likely run one next year.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"16. Do NOT contact other members by private message, on the forum or status feed, inviting them to put additional tools (such as leaderboards, ads, etc - whether yours or another person's) into their game."
Oh no. Necessity is the mother of invention. Do I want to know what happened?
Early WIP for my next entry. Since it's early you're going to need to wait a little longer than usual. What's that? You'll find out in my next update!
12.PNG
20 festive cards can now be unlocked in BiteMe!

The cards are permanent, but can only be unlocked in December!
Once the year is over, you won't be able to unlock the cards, or to upgrade it.
https://johndoenews.itch.io/biteme-storymodeCard141-160-Ad.png
Finally showing some updates again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orhez