watermark
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Oh man. IGMC's finally back. I really want to participate, but I'm not sure if I have the time.
    So I finally played Persona 4 to see what it's all about. I'm like wait...what the...this is JOJO!
    Classic_Review
    Classic_Review
    I love that I live a world where I can confidently say that there's 2 anime products that resemble Scooby-Doo... and they both have a 4 there title.
    Saw on YT how this guy ran a DnD game for 40 years every weekend. I wonder if I'd still be RMing in 20 years or so. Probably. I don't see myself getting bored of this.
    Just started Nier Automata and had a thought: it's just a really fancy Zelda 1. And maybe sometimes that's all you need, even if you're AAA.
    You know that inner turmoil when you find out an artist is a terrible person and should be cancelled, but you still really, really love their songs?
    It's definitely discouraging when streamers give a try-to-say-it-nicely (i.e. bad) review of your game demo. It's like jumping into a cold pool. Bad initally, but it gets better with time. And you are now more alert and see better.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Yeah, I've been told some pretty bad things in reviews. Take my battle system (which I worked on for 5 years) out, I don't think you playtested this at all, etc.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    @watermark as a designer, you should know what aspect of your product came out as expected, what is lacking, and what you can't do anything about either way.
    if they say "this is wrong", you should know in advance.... them pointing it out, it's because they'd like it different.
    you willing to do anything about it or not, is not up to them.
    watermark
    watermark
    @gstv87 Logically, I totally agree with you. But as some of you guys said, sometimes it just feels real sucky. Especially the stuff you put a lot of time into to be called lazy or not playtested etc. Well, it comes with the territory. Streamers are generally nice. It's the comment trolls that's horrendous.
    Time to dig out my ol' Macbook (It's around here somewhere...) and see if MZ deploys to iOS.
    Well, happy new year everyone! I think I will release something in RM this year. I got me my shiny new MZ, and it's been like a decade for the forum? Huh. Or maybe just this version? Does anyone remember how long this forum's been around?
    Quexp
    Quexp
    Admin, Archeia, and Touchfuzzy's profiles say they've been here since February '12. From posts I've seen in the past, it sounds like there was another site/platform before this though.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    RPGMakerVXAce.net was the predecessor. It will indeed be 10 years in February.
    Yay! I finally got MZ! Now I'm part of the club! I mean I knew getting it was inevitable cause I'm RM fanboy. Might as well be this year. Eventhough, to be honest, it's not that much different from MV. Now that I spent money on it, I got an excuse to RM again. Happy Holidays everyone!
    Why wasn't there a Christmas Steam sale this year? It's so strange. They've always had one. Is it bad to do sales near Christmas these days?
    Reading about metaverses recently. I can totally imagine myself in the future, logging in with VR glasses to a virtual beach villa sitting in a virtual chair, with a virtual laptop facing the sea...coding 16-bit RM.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    all while being inspected by a hundred third parties, over a system purposely built for such end.
    .....at least in the modern internet, they have to circumvent a few regulations.
    watermark
    watermark
    Yeah. Let's hope they get those blockchains working for real so it's true Web 3.0 without the big techs. Which raises another question. I wonder if people will pay for NFT rpg maker games. Hey, it's possible.
    After looking at my profile, I realized I've been on this forum for nearly NINE years. 1. Damn I'm old. 2. Appreciate the forum being there for us that long! 3. I like how you get annual badges at GameJolt for every year. I've only got 6 over there. Just saying. XD
    Reactions: RCXGaming
    Avery
    Avery
    Well, just put in 10 pages of paperwork to apply for one, that will narrow the amount down xD "Write an essay about what you did for the community in those years, minimum 10000 words"
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    can I write hello world or a single sentence answering the question using a loop to get past that requirement?
    watermark
    watermark
    At GameJolt the system adds it for you automatically. They have a unique badge for every year. I just think it's a good idea. But maybe this forum doesn't have that kind of script. Oh well.
    Man, so conflicted. MZ is 35% off. I really should get it this time I think. But what if there's bigger discounts during Thanksgiving and Christmas...
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Buy now.
    If it gets a cheaper discount, refund.
    Then buy again.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    I'm planning to get it with Bundle S during the next Steam-wide sale. Right now, not everything in Bundle S is discounted, but once the discounts hit, I'm finally making the leap.
    EmmaB
    EmmaB
    Don't you get an even better discount if you already own MV?
    1637578240467.png
    I don't understand how I can hate cleaning in RL, but I can spend hours enjoying cleaning virtual houses in House Flipper. What the? Why?!
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    Clicking wont get you dirty, hungry, tired and sore i guess :kaoswt2:
    VegaKotes
    VegaKotes
    And you can stop at anytime and shut down the game. If you do that IRL the mess is still there. Always watching. Always judging you. o____o
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Virtual cleaning seems more like sorting to me. I can also happily alphabetize books or files for hours. It could also be similar to how it's way more interesting to clean someone else's house than cleaning your own.
    I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.
    Sometimes it pays to play terrible games just to learn what NOT to do.
    Piyan Glupak
    Piyan Glupak
    Perhaps I could send you my game when it is finished?
    vietanhdang2017
    You will learn a lots play my games then. Should I pm you :)
    watermark
    watermark
    Thanks for the offer guys, but I am not a good reviewer. There are however plenty of very good (and entertaining) reviewers who do RM, for example search "d757gaming" on youtube. He did a great job reviewing my RM jam game Isekai Champions.
    I'm so glad that WOT trailer is out as it's my fav series. I'm also so scared they'll mess it up for the same reason. Well, at least Brandon's a consultant. It might work out.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I'm not getting my hopes up, books were better than movies even when movies used to be generally good, these days...yeah. It'd be nice but I fully expect a trainwreak wearing a Robert Jordan skinsuit to preach modern political dogma from rather than a reasonably faithful adaptation.
    watermark
    watermark
    I hope it doesn't go the way of Shannara TV: Excellent set pieces, beautiful people, terribly boring. I know some people liked it, but I just couldn't get into it like I did the books. Maybe it's the dialogue? I dunno, it's hard to say why. It makes you truly appreciate what they did with GOT. I actually found the books pretty dull: the TV series brought it to life.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Coin Locker title screen:
Still in progress...

Screenshot_134.png
the girls.png
So, these are all the girls of the party =3 (beside the protagonist if you play as a female.)
Now, I just have one more character sheet of the guys left and I'm done with their presentations =3
Can you recognize where this area is from? :kaocry:
Mq9QM3h.png
For those with up to 9 elements of magic; how do you structure your database. By element? Or by what is offensive vs supportive spells?
would anyone here be interested in rough concept art for the main protagonist of my game that might get changed later? :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetltd