Recent content by whoami

1. whoami

Your Next Adventure Awaits: RPG Maker MZ Trailer #1

If only they were based in Ireland, it could be "Or-pee-gee" Maker.
  2. whoami

Instant Turn Battle

I put together a little patch for compatibility between ITB with YEP_BattleAICore. All it does it revert a performance tweak that Yanfly made to the Battle AI Core. If you can accept the decrease in performance, it's a temporary fix. Download it here: https://pasta.thinknathan.ca/pk9x4gkfg I...
  3. whoami

need help with making a certain skill/state

In addition to the above wisdom, I don't believe battler is valid in this scope. Try replacing it with user or target. Here's an option to think about, although it may complicate your database. Put your bonus into the parameters of a new state (M.Attack * 200%). In the state that you're...
  4. whoami

Instant Turn Battle

Here's another quick bug report. If a battler is inflicted with a state with the restriction "Attack an enemy," they won't take any action. Everything else continues as normal. Here's a quick demo with only the necessary plug-ins. I gave Harold a skill that will inflict Rage on himself...
  5. whoami

Instant Turn Battle

I've run into the same bug as the previous poster. A conflict with YEP_BattleAICore will cause enemies to attack infinitely. Here's a demo with just the essential plugins involved in this bug. Hope it helps debug the issue.
  6. whoami

[release]Battle AI Core TGR extension

Thanks for the plugin, ramza. I didn't realize I needed this, but now it seems really useful! @kovak You may want to read the "How To Set Traits" section of the MV manual. You can create a state that raises TGR (Target Rate), and have a skill that inflicts that state in battle. Hit F1 when...
  7. whoami

DreamX Options

Thanks for the plugin, DreamX. Very useful, like all your work! I can confirm GameFire's report that using this plugin with YEP_CoreEngine and YEP_KeyboardConfig will prevent the project from loading at all. Just tried it with a new blank project and only those 3 plugins. If you move...
  8. whoami

[YEP] Yanfly Engine Plugins

Using plugins: YEP_CoreEngine YEP_ItemCore YEP_X_AttachAugments Using a regular healing item from the menu will crash the game with this error: SyntaxError: Unexpected token u     at Object.parse (native)     at Function.JsonEx.parse (rpg_core.js:7740:30)     at...
  9. whoami

[For a commercial game] VX Ace style transition into battle scene

Try this script by McSundae ->
  10. whoami

JP Levels

I threw together a couple of quick and dirty snippets to allow you to learn skills automatically when your job level increases (like Final Fantasy V). Freely available, no license restrictions. But I make no promises about support/usability/performance. Requires YEP_JobPoints and FoxJPLevels...
  11. whoami

iOS export requires a Mac

​No. See Archeia's post. ​ Try not to conflate exporting to Mac with exporting to iOS, or this thread will become baffling.
  12. whoami

What kind of plugins/scripts are you looking forward to?

1. I'd love to see alternative battle systems. I'm partial to a CTB like Final Fantasy X. A system like Paper Mario with timed button presses would also be engaging. 2. I love the subtle power that these scripts provide: Passive States. Class System. Message System (ability to skip through...
  13. whoami

Resolution and Black Borders

You could do 16:9 in Ace. Just use Yanfly's core script to increase the horizontal resolution and decrease the vertical. 640X360 resolution nicely scales to 720p and 1080p when you go fullscreen. You'll have to tweak some scenes, because some of them have content cut-off when you decrease the...
  14. whoami

Limits of this engine?

I guess that is a limitation of the engine, but it seems like you could easily work around it. Don't use big 4MB music files like the demo uses. Choose shorter, smaller files instead. or Compress your sound files using an external program until you get a smaller file size. or Write a...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Currently working on a playlist of songs that have inspired my work on revamping Battle Castle, and making sure they flow decently from one to the next. I will be posting it whenever I upload my next demo.
This is the first song in the playlist.
Artists out there, is there something RPG maker related you wish your graphics software had but doesn't? (Something like automatically transform a wall tile into a cylindrical tower). I want to give a boost to WecTools, but I'm dry of ideas right now...
having anxiety during all this virus stuff is the absolute worst. I'm the only one missing out on my friend's wedding in Sept. because I can't be in large groups of people anymore due to anxiety.
Well... I just spent most of the day making something I cant even use xD

Hero_1.png
The idea was to look at the original but at a medium distance.
In hindsight, I might as well have just edited the original lol... I didn't intend for it to end up so similar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amaty_505