Recent content by WhyIamaPotato

1. WhyIamaPotato

Help with boss music

It worked! My problem was that, like you said, I used ''Play BGM'' rather than ''Change battle BGM''. It's a dumb mistake, but now I know better lol. (I just noticed that's exactly what @Aesica showed and I'm very sorry for my poor attention to detail. Thank you everyone who answered me so...
  2. WhyIamaPotato

Help with boss music

I thought maybe my problem was for only this battle, so I tried making a different event where I scripted exactly this and it didn't work again. I tried getting rid of the battle music in the System tab, but even with this script on the event, no music was playing instead of playing the boss...
  3. WhyIamaPotato

Help with aligning enemies on the battle screen

Yes! I'm using the default plugin in the program (''Community_Basic'') where I simply changed the resolution to 1024 x 768. From what @Andar said, I'd need an other plugin to place the sprites at the center of the screen. I'm new to using plugins so I'm still searching for one
  4. WhyIamaPotato

Help with boss music

(My game is in english despite the program being in french. I still understand what would be the french version's equivalent of an option in the english version. I'm sorry for all the black squares, I'm not comfortable sharing my game when it's still a wip ahah) I've tried putting the music...
  5. WhyIamaPotato

Thank you so much for the quick answer! It makes sense, I'll go ahead and test plugins during the day. I'll modify the post if I have any good results
  6. WhyIamaPotato

Help with boss music

I only have .ogg files. I thought that the .m4a files where only so Macs could read these files. Do the battles use the two types of files?
  7. WhyIamaPotato

So I reused sprites I used for a previous game on the default screen resolution, but I'm remaking this game with the 1024 x 768 resolution. When making enemy troups, I align the enemies as usual. In battle though, they always appear at the top left part of the screen, like they can't align at...
  8. WhyIamaPotato

Help with boss music

I searched and found that most people had no problem to change the battle musics by either making a ''Change BGM'' event before the battle or by putting the music event in the boss' troup tab, but it doesn't work for me. Does anyone know what my problem might be? I also have two musics for...
  9. WhyIamaPotato

RMMV Changing the title screen after finishing the game

I would like to make my title screen change its picture when the player has finished the game. I have no clue where to start though, since I can't put to title screen pictures in the System section. Does someone know if there's a way to do this (or a plugins that can do this)?
  10. WhyIamaPotato

Making dialogue happen during a battle?

Thank you a lot! I don't know why I didn't think of this, but I'm grateful for your explanations
  11. WhyIamaPotato

Making dialogue happen during a battle?

I would love to make dialogue happen in a specific battle, but I don't know how to do this. For example, after 3 attacks from the enemy, an ally comes in (in the dialogue) and destroys the enemy. Does someone know how to make this idea work?
  12. WhyIamaPotato

Preferred screen resolution?

Thank you for the correction! I'll most likely take the 1280x720 resolution then
  13. WhyIamaPotato

Preferred screen resolution?

I have my game planned out and I'm starting to make it happen on RPG Maker MV, but there's still one question that is bugging me: what screen resolution would be preferable to make the game in? I thought HD 720 would be tolerable, but now I'm worried that it'd affect the way I do the sprites...
  14. WhyIamaPotato

Key product isn't working...

Thank you both for helping me, I finally got it to work! Thank you for explaining the differences between the type of key products too, @Andar. Like @ShadowDragon said, we learn more everyday and that's definitely good to know. The problem wasn't if I mispelled the key product or where I bought...
  15. WhyIamaPotato

Key product isn't working...

First of all, thank you so much for the really quick reply, I really appreciate that. (I didn't even expect it to be honest-) Second of all, I found where to activate the TLS stuff and the other versions were indeed disabled by default...but there was no TLS 2.0: only TLS 1.0 (Default), TLS 1.1...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm taking a break from Game Work to actually play a game (NEO: The World Ends With You) and I'm terrified that I'm gonna lose the drive for my project, since prior to picking up NEO, I'd been doing at least a little bit of work on the project each day ahhh. My brain is very much an "all or nothing" kind of brain, sigh.
bandicam 2021-08-05 15-10-37-143.png
Configuration menu and icons test
Tiamat-86 wrote on Andar's profile.
tfw just trying to help and get yelled at. /comfort
:LZSooo: Gotcha Gotcha Games... have launched an official discord server for RPG Maker. :LZSooo:

doodled a poring today :kaoluv:
uc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TippingTheScales