Recent content by wickednick

1. Need a script call to grab an enemy stat and compare against the players

Figured out how to do what I wanted to do using yanflys skill core <Before Eval> $gameVariables.setValue(19, a.agi); </Before Eval>
  2. Need a script call to grab an enemy stat and compare against the players

I'm not sure if this makes any sense, I know little about coding, but just by what you and Yanfly have this is what I came up with: if (target.isEnemy()) {$gameVariables.setValue(8) = target.agi}; It doesn't work, but maybe it will make more clear what I want to do.
  3. Need a script call to grab an enemy stat and compare against the players

I thought about doing something like that, but I want to avoid needing the troop id number. It has to do with that I'm going to have waves of enemies showing up in the game using some plugins, so I'm going to go beyond the whole 8 enemy troop limit. I was looking at this skill by Yanfly...
  4. Need a script call to grab an enemy stat and compare against the players

So I'm making a skill that needs to compare the enemy agility against the actors agility. I'm looking for a script call that can call upon the currently selected enemy agility and store it into a variable to compare against the actors agility. thank you.
  5. RMMV Help with battle action sequences

Thanks, I think I got it to work now.
  6. RMMV Help with battle action sequences

Hello, so I'm trying to make a battle system that will let your character dodge if they hit a button when prompted to, but I'm having trouble getting it to work the way I want. The problem I'm having is adding a timing function to the button prompt so that the player has a certain amount of time...
  7. A tool or plugin that displays event names in editor

Hello so as I've been doing my game something I've found frustrating is that in the EDITOR there is no visual display of a name for an event. I know that the names appear way down at the bottom, but nothing on the event it self. I have a lot of events that handle background stuff and I've taken...
  8. Help animating enemy attacks

So I would like my enemies to use different attack animations for different skills, like how I can make my actors use different attack animations depending on the weapons they use. Say I wanted my enemy to use four separate animations for four different skills, how would I do that? I'm using...
  9. How to roll a random number between two variables

So I had to modify it a bit to get it to work like I wanted so it would actually pull the numbers from the two variables. Thanks again. Math.floor(Math.random() * ($gameVariables.value(14) - $gameVariables.value(13) + 1))+$gameVariables.value(13);
  10. How to roll a random number between two variables

Thanks a bunch. I tried making something like that, but couldn't figure it out and the script I found seemed overly complicated for what I wanted to do.
  11. How to roll a random number between two variables

So I want to roll a random number between two variables for encounters. I found this script on the forums but I can't seem to get it to work. $gameVariables.value(13); $gameVariables.value(14); Math.random(); Math.min(13, 14) + rd * Math.abs(14 - 13); $gameVariables.setValue(11, value); thanks
  12. How to do a check on an event in another map

Because with the way this is going to work and that these types of events are going to be fairly common managing all those switches is going to get way to hard. Using a script command may seem more complicated but it actually frees up a lot more room for me to use switches for other things that...
  13. How to do a check on an event in another map

So what data is stored outside of maps besides switches? I'm assuming variables also because that data seems to cross between maps.
  14. How to do a check on an event in another map

Hey thanks that worked perfect!
  15. How to do a check on an event in another map

So it would look something like $gameSelfSwitches.value([2, 1, 'a'])==true

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"This is the real secret to life - To be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play."
Me: "I don't to use other engines because I'd have to do a lot of coding."

Also my desktop right now....
mycurrentdesktop.jpg

...I literally spend more time using VS Code than MZ. :kaoswt:
actually, are there any JRPG type games (I guess turn based, so not ARPGs like say, Vagrant Story) where you have only one party member for the majority of the game? (I wonder if I'm forgetting something obvious.)
*sigh* This one turned out really well... except for the left arm pose...
fPRzKSp.jpg

Yes I purposely cutout the arm cause from the pic
A month into making my life/dating sim game and I've finally finished making all of the love interests :kaocry: I still have to make most of their emotion range and overworld sprites but aye I'm proud of myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nosferatu88