Willibab
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Been watching almost all of Harry Mack's videos on YouTube and I still can't quite believe he is real.
    Not played that much in years tbh, only been making/modding games. Every game I try now feels super easy o_O Even ones I used to struggle with.
    Classic_Review
    Classic_Review
    Your just transforming into a hard-core gamer. Soon you'll be one of us.
    Willibab
    Willibab
    NEVERRRRRR!
    Playing FF4 for the first time, the pacing is pretty insane o_O Only 2.5 hours in and already changing class? I barely got to play as the first one xD
    1337 reaction score, NOONE REACT! xD
    I envy people who are certain about what they want to make.
    Huh...Last boss of FF3 Remaster was pretty basic. It just spams 1 attack? I seem to recall it was pretty difficult on the DS.
    Reactions: lianderson
    Ahuramazda
    Ahuramazda
    The DS remake of FF3 was way harder than it was supposed to be from what I recall reading about it back in the day. Personally, I never did beat the final boss on the DS version... :/ still leaves a bit of a salty taste when thinking of that game.
    Willibab
    Willibab
    I would rather have it be difficult then dull though. Ofc, something in-between would be best :p
    FrigidGaze
    FrigidGaze
    The DS remake of FF4 was super hard too compared to the SNES and remastered versions. They really went wild with those DS versions back in the day, haha.

The final boss music for FF3 is jamming no matter what version, though, I think we can all agree on that front.
    Holy crap! UEBS2 is playable o_O Time to waste a ton of time! :p
    Reactions: ScorchedGround
    ScorchedGround
    ScorchedGround
    Ya, I got it too.
    Have you seen the liquid physics? That's a whole new type of fun I never thought I could have.

Also, the performance is surprisingly great compared to the predecessor.
    Willibab
    Willibab
    @ScorchedGround The performance is incredible so far o_O A million zombies and basically no lag...dafuq?:p Also, holy crap is a million of something a lot...I mean, I knew it was a lot but its different when you actually see them all....Running towards you o_O Nuking them is hilarious, just a wave of corpses flying all over the place xD
    gstv87
    gstv87
    "Now with modern video game technology you'll get to experience these battles like never before. The vast numbers of soldiers. The troop formations. How they fought, and how the battle was won. Tonight, on Decisive Battles"
    that was 2004, with the Rome Total War engine.

imagine what they could pull off today.
    Wish there was a setting in steam that makes updates be automatic when they are under a certain size (which you decide on). Like....if it takes literally 3 seconds then just do it xD
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    ...mine are. I dunno if it's size-based, but I have games that automatically update.
    Willibab
    Willibab
    I'm aware, there are just not an option for it to be size based. Not a big deal ofc, I just like more options for everything :p
    A friend actually thought that the creators of FF made up names like Bahamut, Shiva, Ifrit, Leviathan :p I mean, they do come up with some cool names here and there but most are from ancient mythology usually.
    Reactions: aqua
    Mike-Turtle
    Mike-Turtle
    Ahhh, but do you like the names because you have similar tastes to them, or because they made the names cool in FF. Had they used different names, do you think your tastes would be the same?
    Willibab
    Willibab
    @Mike-Turtle Perhaps, but I don't like all of the names. I also have many other games that I love but I dislike the naming schemes of a lot of the spells or characters. And when it comes to the summons specifically, I already had prior knowledge, I like reading about Mythology. And I would prolly pick the exact same ones xD (With a few exceptions) maybe added some Japanese and Egyptian ones.
    Willibab
    Willibab
    I get what you mean though, I prolly love Amaterasu more then I would normally due to Naruto, more specifically Itachi. Great character and.... I mean...Black Flames, that's just peak awesome :p
    sfd.PNG
    A feature to replace enemy sprites or add one in the same spot as the previous one would save so much time xD
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    So you don't actually mean sprites, you're talking about replacing enemies in troops. Right? Otherwise, I have no clue what you mean :guffaw:
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Or be thrifty and leave in comments the amount of X and Y coordinates you moved said sprite from center.

Better yet, adjust them on with a grid for a battle back and save the coordinates.
    Willibab
    Willibab
    @ATT_Turan Yes, the enemies.
    @BloodletterQ That part isn't the issue, more so that if you want random enemies you have to make a troop for every single variation. Which is a lot :p

Might have found a workaround though.
    No idea what do do with this space, nor how to fill it even if I did xD
    smg.PNG
    Reactions: Ronyunderen
    Mcniner
    Mcniner
    Maybe put in the characters backstory there or something? Just a random idea.
    Willibab
    Willibab
    The characters backstories isn't that important in this game tbh =)

I do have some hidden mechanics I could add explanations for though o_O
    tumsterfest
    tumsterfest
    You could use a bigger or extra piece of character art. Or you could increase the font size of the most important info (name, class, etc.).
    MainMenu.PNG
    Finally satisfied with the main menu xD

The plan was to have battle sprites in the menu...But these faces from Ocean's Nostalgia look pretty damn good imo. (Will have to adjust for them ofc and maybe recolor to match the overworld/battle sprites more)
    dfsf.PNG

Working on sort of a mix between FF7's Materia system and FF9's learn from equip / equip passives. Could be interesting :3
    Nenen
    Nenen
    I kinda like equipable skill systems. As long as it's not too difficult to switch between them.
    Willibab
    Willibab
    I do to, but this wont quite be that. Attack and Guard replacements and Limit Breaks can be chosen and easily changed.

The Magic and Ability crystals work like this.

When you equip Fire, you can use Fire until you unequip it.
    If you level it up to rank 2, you permanently learn Fire.
    rank 3 teaches Fira permanently etc...
    Reactions: Nenen
    Willibab
    Willibab
    The crystals are very limited compared to materia. A character might start with Fire equipped. You can keep it on him or swap to another for him to use it. But you wont be able to get another for two characters to have at the same time in quite some time.
    • Wow
    Reactions: Nenen
    Trying to make some retro spell effects :3
    ICE.gif
    I'm having issues making even the most basic of animations feel fluid xD Although....Heavy snow often flow like that, so light that its influenced easily by the wind. Hmm...sure that's why! :p
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Another camping area.
I just found out somebody pirated my 3,99$ game. I spent over a year making it and somebody just publish it for free a week after early access released.

I should be glad, cuz if they pirate you, that means your game has to be good, but im not. I barely sold any copy. Didn't get any info from most of the sites I wrote.
So I'm hoping that I get an MRI on my knee soon, but until then, I'm on a prescription dosage of ibuprofen. It's definitely helping, but my knee is still hurting and occasionally locks up. The urgent care doctor was convinced it's a meniscus tear due to it locking, and said that if it is, I'll need surgery. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcm90