xDRAGOONx
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• <-- Meet Seith. He begins the story as an apprentice druid, learning to survive in the wilderness by communing with nature and honing his herbalism. Seith has a deep desire to understand the world around him. When wells of chaotic energy begin erupting from the land,corrupting plant, animal and man alike, Seith finds himself on a journey to discover just what this means for the fate of his home, the land of Myarr.
    xDRAGOONx
    xDRAGOONx
    Don't let that face fool you...his desire to understand his world comes from an innate, almost subconscious ability to assess what he is seeing. One of his early abilities, "Third Eye" is used in battle as a scan as well as out of battle to reveal things hidden by magic.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    well I didnt say I'd underestimate him.. but I prolly would marry him lol
    xDRAGOONx
    xDRAGOONx
    And his desire to understand extends towards people. He is always analyzing the words and actions of those around him, life in the forest has made all of his senses razor-sharp...But you are some-what right, he does all of this in a very child-like fashion, very unassuming.
    The framework for the Herbalism profession is in place, there are a total of 38 different potions to craft at this point and I don't think I need any more. That covers 3 each for single target heals and mp recover, party heals and mp recover, user only tp items; and 2 each for basic status effects, one to dispel and one to dispel and prevent for 2-3 turns. Exp gained is based on item price.
    Profession system is coming along steadily. Using Yanfly's Common Event Custom Menu and Button Common Events plugins to create a new 'menu' that handles the seperate types of craftables; like weapons, armors. Also using sets of variables to track, shows data: Total weapons crafted, total $ of crafted weapons and most valuable weapon crafted, name and value. :rock-left:B):rock-right:
    Just picked up VisuStella character generator! Sadly, I have to sleep now but I am looking forward to playing around with it at some point tomorrow...after class...and work...ugh
    With my weapon mastery system complete, I'm now moving on to my profession system. Each of my 12 characters will have a unique profession tying into their main class. Some deal with crafting, some with optional quests, and one, allows the player to perform at inns for extra gold and other rewards...since many of the professions deal with crafting, I am also working on the items concurrently.
    Weapon Mastery System update: Post-damage eval custom skill execution effects in place for all weapon types and actors! Next, I need to link each state's custom passive condition to the appropriate variable. Once I have a fully functioning framework, I'll go back and tweak each weapon type's passive state bonus, that will be the fun part!
    Been away for a while but I was hit with some inspiration recently and it has been turning out well. Finishing a Weapon Mastery system using variables and custom skill effect notetags. The more a character uses a given weapon type, the more efficient they will become. I plan to give each weapon type a specific mastery bonus that reflects the strength of the weapons, probably using a passive skill based system.
    LVGames
    LVGames
    I like the sound of this! :kaojoy:
    xDRAGOONx
    xDRAGOONx
    So I came across galvis weapon proficiency plugin, after installing it and playing around with it, I think I'll stick with my original setup. I like that galvs' can be used in damage formulas but I don't think I need that. My damage formulas are already complicated enough lol.
    My tutorial is live! It covers using Yanfly's weapon unleash to replace the basic attack skill with a more dynamic version depending on which weapon type the actor has equipped. It also includes how to import a custom function used to generate a random number within supplied minimum and maximum values, used in the replaced skills, to give weapons a set damage range.
    My project just started lagging during battletest and I haven't been able to figure out why...
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Status updates aren't really the best place for this - you should create a thread in the Support forum for the Maker you are using and maybe give some more detail, for example what plugins you are using, what FPS readings you have gotten (usually by clicking F2 during Test Play), and whether you have done obvious stuff like rebooting your computer and trying again.
    xDRAGOONx
    xDRAGOONx
    Yeah, I was just kinda thinking out loud this time. Once I get home from work today I'll have more time to dig into it. I do appreciate your response.
    Finished with the ground work for my class system, using Ellye's Class Change Equipment and Yanfly's Class Change Core plugins to implement an equip based subclass feature!
    Just finished my first tutorial!
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    You could easily subvert expectations at this point by saying, "Watching this tutorial made me want to watch so many others!" Of course it would be the same dumpster fire level of subverting expectations as the last season of Game of Thrones. But you'd definitely have had me at the first half. :LZSwink:
    xDRAGOONx
    xDRAGOONx
    Actually, I had just finished writing my first tutorial when I posted this! It's a little piece on damage formula, still waiting for it to be reviewed and made public...
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I'm surprised a tutorial needs approval.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ESAMarathon on Twitch, now streaming "Eat Girl". Yep, that's the title of a game... Apparently it's a Pacman knockoff.... Which is of course the only logical conclusion one would get from a name like "Eat Girl". :kaopride: I can't believe anybody would think anything else! :kaoback:
Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightnvs