Zaj
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey morning all! I got another quick question..I just switched to RMMZ from VX Ace..so I am wondering why default scripts(is that how u call it) of VXAce is available, but not in MZ's case? How do I figure out ahh I mean could you show me
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Hi, please ask your questions about RPG Maker in the forum (in MZ support or VX Ace Support, depending on which engine your question is about) rather than in the status feed. Also note that we ask people to limit profile posts to no more than 2 in a 24 hour period. It's really not intended for support questions like this.
    Reactions: Zaj
    Shaz
    Shaz
    The "Help" link at the top of the page will lead you to the forum rules if you want to have a quick look at them.
    Zaj
    Zaj
    Sorry, okay noted
    Okay anothe stupid question from me. Why is when everyone's explaining the scripts in the scriptlets, it chnge into green. how do i know when do i code without knowing whether its turning green or not
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Are you talking about comments? You comment out things in JS with // for single lines. For multi lines it starts with /* and ends with */ They are parts of the script that aren't executed. These are useful for leaving notes for future use or for explaining the code to the user. Different script editors use different colors for this but I've noticed it's green most of the time.
    Zaj
    Zaj
    Okay, I'm taking notes, thanks, thanks
    Zaj
    Zaj
    I'm switching to MZ ^_^
    Hi quick question. Is it possible for me to make a custom VXAce script without learning some bulkiness of Ruby?
    Xane
    Xane
    A good starting point on how I learned to write code was just studying the default scripts and using the help menu in the editor to figure out exact functions. Ask yourself the questions on how and why something works and then just work backwards from there. The event editor is a very simplistic version of executing code in the first place since most of it leads back to the Game_Interpreter.
    Xane
    Xane
    ...Variables and Switches are your backbone and from there studying the window classes to make menus etc. From there things start to get much easier and before you know it, you'll be writing code without even realizing it.
    Zaj
    Zaj
    Yeah :D I knw what variables are in context, but first I was sort was "huh?" when dealing with self switches
    what you said about rome back home with game interpreter helps me understand. And now I know lil why coordinates are there zzz
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So yesterday Dad took me to Volcano Bay, and it was almost ruined by a thunderstorm... then it passed by and the lightning warning got lifted, leading to an awesome time sliding and swimming. Hopefully we get to go to the arcade tonight. The one we're planning on has a restaurant built in with AWESOME food. Not to mention how big the arcade itself is!
image_2021-06-13_150033.png

Maybe I'll actually try making a retro pack. Already have the shark fin made so why not xD
Hey everyone, for everybody following along with my RPG Maker MZ streams: There will unfortunately not be a stream tonight. There is a big exciting event that will go live next week that has been taking all my time, so look forward to that!
Took a small break by playing VR. Latest update of these glasses unfortunately caused a little of trouble but it can be fixed with a manual operation.

Until You Fall is freaking awesome.
I am SO HYPED to share this trailer with everyone when its done. I almost want to tear up i had no idea how far i came along with Fallen Feather in these last 3 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArkiPDZ