Zeriab
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• "Cooking utensiles may become hot because of heat" - Sometimes reading the manual is fun
    When testing chooses you
    Reactions: Dalph
    Dalph
    Dalph
    you start suffering while bug-hunting?
    Reactions: Zeriab
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    Applied for a position as a Java Developer.
    Acquired job: Test framework developer.
    Reactions: Dalph
    In these hug-depriveret times, remember that e-hugs are safe
    MZ allows more than 999 maps :D
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    In the commercial games I've look at 200-500 maps is about the typical number of maps.
    If you start doing stuff like having separate maps for cutscenes it isn't too difficult to imagine reaching over 999 maps.

I find it weird, this mentality of discounting the need for more maps just because you cannot imagine the usage.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Interesting. I hit a little over 400 maps in The Book of Shadows, and that was with separate maps for all 50 secret rooms and some cutscenes.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    WOW! That would be one long game. But rpgs do get that long. Persona3,4 and maybe 5 100+ hours.
    Will probably never use MZ. Buys it anyway
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    @?????? Wasn't a fan of the direction MV took. MZ seems to continue along that direction.
    Also, I am currently working on a 3D co-op multiplayer game with procedural generated levels. None of the RPG Makers would be a good fit.

@RachelTheSeeker True. Who knows what the future brings :D

@Ami Bit difficult to try the demo first after the purchase has been made
    ??????
    ??????
    Yea, I get that. I personally just like creating dumb junk (working on a silly hexmap system+editor atm). I do like the versatility of javascript though, games can run near anywhere :LZScool:
    Your current project sounds interesting though, and yea, certainly not an easy fit for an RM environment :LZSlol:
    Galenmereth
    Galenmereth
    I enjoy making tools for making games more than making games, I think. I mean I still come up with a lot of ideas and work on projects but I always circle around to having fun making the tools to make the games rather than making the games. I think I'm trying to say I like making plugins?
    My CommonEvents.rvdata2 takes up 42MB of space. Did I go too far?
    hinola
    hinola
    My whole game takes 47,52 Mo
    And I have 17,4 Mo of snapshot in it
    AceOfAces_Mod
    AceOfAces_Mod
    How is this even possible? It's just code.
    Zeriab
    Zeriab
    I think having 1.680.971 event commands in one of the events might be the cause. Not sure how that happened >_>
    The editor does feel rather sluggish and the game load time have increased a bit, but otherwise it runs fine
    Can hugs be spooky?
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    But, anyway, he wasn't arrested for hugging someone, but grabbing the waist of a stranger. It was also revealed that he caused criminal damage at a high school, which I assume also helped send him to prison.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    At least he wasn't thrown in prison in the end, which I thought had happened. I did think it harsh to order him to sign the sex offenders register for 5 years, though.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Some status updates can be spooky
    First time doing procedural map generation. Starts in a 3D domain. What could possible go wrong?
    cabfe
    cabfe
    If you expect something to go wrong, does that make it go right as expected?
    Poryg
    Poryg
    When you expect something to go wrong, it means it's an expected, but not a desired result. So yes, that would make it go right as expected.
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    I've done some simple randomized map/feature generation for 2D grids, but I can imagine how much harder it will be immediately taking the leap to 3D worlds! Hoping you have the best of luck in this extremely challenging quest. *hugs*
    What is fun for you to create may not be fun for the player to experience
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Can be said about like every game out there.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Yep. For every game, some love it and some hate it. You'll never please everyone.
    Just saw the trailer for Oddworld: Soulstorm. This might surprise you, but I am hyped
    hi, i am making RPG game "the medicie" with RPG MAKER VX ACE. I want very mush to use quest log, but
    none of the script is going well. every time some error occuer and I am not good at scripting. I saw your
    name in the furum of ALDORLEA GAME and it mention there that you have a script which you allow to use.
    may be you can help me by giving me a quest log script simple. My privet email is <--snip-->
    dikla
    Kes
    Kes
    Please do not use Status Updates to ask Support questions that is not their purpose.
    I have removed your email address from your post. This site, like many others, is deep trawled by spam bots looking for email addresses, and you would be flooded with spam, phishing and malware emails.
    Kes
    Kes
    I have replied to your thread asking for a script with a suggestion. I suggest you try that one out first before looking around for another.
    You won this time procrastination
    Kes
    Kes
    And that case, by definition, it will be a while until you get round to a replay.
    Kuro DCupu
    Kuro DCupu
    Procrast : "Kekeke~ It's my win this time and forevaah! You won't stand a chance!"
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Recent threads, and my very poor algorithm for my minimap plugin have made me face the fact that I need to review algorithms and such.

Going through Cracking the Coding Interview now. I am so excited.
Kes
I've seen a reference to a Community Lighting plugin for MZ, but cannot find it. Is it still in beta?

Todo:
Add fog of war
Add enemy indicators
Make window draggable
Optimise map drawing algorithm (5 seconds to load the map you see, so it's a... poo-poo algorithm)

Any suggestions? :kaoblush:
bleh studio hell job haha at least they like it didnt had time to do much laundry tho ;w;'....YES I DO AT LEAST TAKE A SHOWER everyday!
Ami
--- Food Ingredients ---

Hero: Since the Chef are in Hospital,we can't eat his Dish in 3 Days.
F.Mage: What we have to Eat?
M.Healer: Don't worry,we can Eat the Food Ingredients.
Hero & F.Mage
: Really?

(3 Days Later)

Chef: Hi,Guys. I'm Ba---
(Entire Party Collapse After Eat Raw Meat)
Chef: Wha...WHAT GOING ON HERE!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balthierrff