Recent content by Zeriab

1. Zeriab

RPG Maker XP - Map limit of 999 (yes, again)

Ohhh, you have it structured like that. In that case there is something that can be done. It is possible to have duplicate maps. I.e. maps that exist in multiple discs. Say that map 42 is Palace of Heroes. You could then duplicate the map in Disc1 and have it contain just 1 event that runs as a...
  2. Zeriab

Belated welcome back Kes :D

Belated welcome back Kes :D
  3. Zeriab

Congratulations!

Congratulations!
  4. Zeriab

RPG Maker XP - Map limit of 999 (yes, again)

You have multiple options. Here's a list of some solutions I see in order of best to worst according to my subjective opinion: Wait for an RPG Maker XP editor patch that removes or raises the map limit (Not gonna happen) Use my Disc Changer script Create episodic games Create multiple games...
  5. Zeriab

Opening Cutscene on game launch.

Yes, with scripting. You can consider skipping the title screen and then event your own cutscene before eventing your title screen. A number of games have done this so it is a possiblity you can consider.
  6. Zeriab

Suggestion Just another rant from a RM veteran + Suggestions and Solutions

Interesting topic :3 Not to discount from your suggestion, but I want to let you know that you can rename the project file. This workaround is something you can do today: P.s. the game.rmmzprojects are throwaway projects. I am not sure I like the idea of the rmmzproject file being renamed...
  7. Zeriab

Android save data

Android does have a feature called AutoBackup: https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/data/autobackup That said, Android is a bit of a fragmented mess so don't expect any particular backup option to work for all phones.
  8. Zeriab

What controllers are supported by MZ and to an extent, MV?

If you are using a program like joy2key you'll be able to use most controllers.
  9. Zeriab

Fullscreen++

Closes automatically? Sounds like an error of some sort. Maybe you need to update your graphics drivers? I recommend you try searching on the internet to see if other has encountered a similar issue.
  10. Zeriab

Fullscreen++

Here's a screenshot:
  11. Zeriab

Fullscreen++

Go into your graphics driver settings and choose among your options. I personally have the option for integer scaling which works really well for pixelart games.
  12. Zeriab

Can I use bitmap backgrounds instead of tilesets?

Technically you are correct, but to be even more pedantic, with your suggestion the tileset will still be used. Only using one tile is still using the tileset. Using one invisible tile or multiple invisible tiles? What's the difference? From the player's point of view using a purely invisible...
  13. Zeriab

Is there a "XP to VX Ace" converter?

There hasn't been much motivation for creating an XP => VX or XP => VX Ace converter given that the mapping systems has been seen as inferior. Depending on how far you have gotten with your game I'd recommend either staying with XP or jumping straight to MZ with a possible reimplementation. If...
  14. Zeriab

Or maybe you would have had scope creep so much that you'd still need 2 more years to finish it :P

Or maybe you would have had scope creep so much that you'd still need 2 more years to finish it :P
  15. Zeriab

How esoteric :kaoback:

How esoteric :kaoback:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm in a much better mood about my game than I was 2-3 days ago. I keep switching between sideview and front because of the amount of assets needed for side (I'm drawing it all myself)... but I've decided to stick with front, for my own sanity. sidenote... people, planning is important. I've spent so long on just getting my game's ideas off the ground because I didn't plan ahead.
unknown.png

"Fight me."
I'll finally wash my clothes today!
SA46ATTACK.gif :kaojoy:New Arab character in action.
I almost thought it wouldn't happen, but a miracle has occurred, and IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmBee