Recent content by Zeriab

1. Zeriab

So, will MV ever get the promised features?

Here ya go: https://github.com/rpgtkoolmv/corescript Feel free to fork your own version and do whatever you want to the game engine. This fork appears to be quite active for example: https://github.com/thinknathan/corescript P.s. Game Engine != Game Editor P.p.s MZ is not a carbon copy of MV
  2. Zeriab

Saving taking up to 60 seconds and loading 25 seconds

I wrote a bit about how to read tye profiler here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/major-concerns-about-performances-of-mz.126912/post-1121154 That is for MZ. For MV it looks slighly different. The same methodology works.
  3. Zeriab

Saving taking up to 60 seconds and loading 25 seconds

Is it a local save file? 60 seconds sounds like something weird is happening. How big are your save files? Profiling is always a good idea with performace issues. F12 brings up the dev tools when testplaying the game. Click on the performance tab. This allows you to record a bit of you playing...
  4. Zeriab

RMMV Save to default on last saved game?

Glad to hear it ^^ I did a few more things than what you requested: The first slot is now named Autosave 1. You may want to change that on line 140 to this.drawText('Autosave', x, y, 180); :yswt: The ID of the other saves are visually reduced by 1 so File 1 comes after Autosave. The save file...
  5. Zeriab

RMMV Save to default on last saved game?

Try and see if this suits your needs. Place below somewhere YEP_SaveCore *hugs*
  6. Zeriab

Concurrency is the recipe for so much fun... ;~;

Concurrency is the recipe for so much fun... ;~;
  7. Zeriab

Major concerns about performances of MZ

Ah yeah, those values can give an indicator, but they don't tell you that much. Instead you'd want to dig down into the individual frames. Here is an example where I clicked on a task for a 18.6 ms long frame. Divide 1000 with the task length to get an estimate of the FPS (all frames taking...
  8. Zeriab

RMMV FPS Slowdown with 2880 Events, How to Improve FPS of this Massive Project?

F12 brings up the dev tools when testplaying the game. Click on the performance tab. This allows you to record a bit of you playing your game. It will then analyze the recording and tell you where it spend its time. Super valuable information when trying to optimize your game. That said, I have...
  9. Zeriab

"Cooking utensiles may become hot because of heat" - Sometimes reading the manual is fun

"Cooking utensiles may become hot because of heat" - Sometimes reading the manual is fun
  10. Zeriab

Don't Fear Coding... you know more than you think.

Eventing in RPG Maker is a Domain Specific Language (DSL) I would argue that it is also a visual language
  11. Zeriab

Major concerns about performances of MZ

F12 brings up the dev tools when testplaying the game. One of the tabs is for the profiler. This allows you to record a bit of you playing your game. It will then analyze the recording and tell you where it spend its time. Super valuable information when trying to optimize your game.
  12. Zeriab

Master Plugin List

Or is too lazy to do so *hides*
  13. Zeriab

RPG Maker Community... it's time we see other people

Nothing wrong with trying out and using other engines. Doesn't mean you have to abandon RPG maker to do so. I am currently making a game in Unity. I am still here. Hmm... Abandoning RPG maker for a while may help in focusing on learning the new engine. Experiencing and solving problems in...
  14. Zeriab

Applied for a position as a Java Developer. Acquired job: Test framework developer.

Applied for a position as a Java Developer. Acquired job: Test framework developer.
  15. Zeriab

When testing chooses you

When testing chooses you

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally finished my menu redesign after like a month of coding! I hate designing menus... Good news though - I thought of a complete redesign for it now, so yay...
Still no scam calls all day... also I got a quick gig designing a mascot drawing for a small business, so I might actually make some green of my own after all. That would be a perfect job for me, since I love art and digital design.
Job concerns. Love where I work, but I have severe anxiety while I'm outside at night.
It's nice to see the evolution of my game: Here is a video with the first WIP:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YaBoiKetchup