zerobeat032
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• being able to transition music seamlessly is amazing. my main character's theme has lyrics and it goes from vocal version to istrumental when he leaves his room. and vice versa. and thanks to a plugin, the transition is seamless. I love it.
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    yooo what plugin cuz my music guy wants to do that with our project and i didn't no WHERE to start (if your not willing to share it thats totally fine i'm just happy there's a solution out there!)
    um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
    so, I've begun the process of restructuring my game's base setup entirely after feeling disheartened with progress and talking to a friend. I think I'm headed in the right direction now.
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    I've already done that twice with my main project, and now I'm doing it for a third time.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah, I've had to switch things up a few times myself. but this is probably the biggest one.
    I've been working on my game since April 2019... but, I think I've hit a weird feeling. I wanna start this process over. I think I've been going it this wrong.
    Celestrium
    Celestrium
    Why do you think you have been going about it wrong, make a list of what you feel is wrong and where you want the project to go. Do you need to just make some changes? Maybe have someone take a look or get advice?
    I will take a look (I need a few days, schedule overload) and I can give you honest constructive criticism if you feel that will help...
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I think the problem is what I want to do vs what I can do on my own. I haven't even technically started due to just doing all these assets. but I'm wondering was that best seeing as come April 2021, it'll be two years without officially starting. I've scaled back on a lot and realize what I want to do might not be possible on my own. My idea was to redo the basis of what I have into something a lot more simple.
    another day, another period of me wasting time wondering if I should move my project over to MZ or not lol. I don't have much done in my MV project... but I'm unsure if I'll have all the stuff I need to do it on MZ. I mostly just wanna take advantage of somethings that seem more streamlined.
    aero the acrobat 2 on sega had some absolute bangers on the ost... why Meeting Dr. Dis was just for a cutscene and not a boss makes me sad lol
    grief... when ONE plugin is causing a range of issues lol. but then you realize it's the only plugin of it's kind and you don't have a replacement for it lol. oof
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Which one is it?
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    That sounds like pain in the neck. I have experienced that but it was one of Yanfly's plugins that was conflicting with Mogunter's. Even their plugins were rivals. XP
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I was trying to setup a UI and I was using both SRD Hud Maker and Luna Engine MV... and I had MOG's Emerge Motion for how enemies came into fights. but that was causing my Actor Command to disappear lol. but I don't know a replacement lol. other than emerge animations.
    it took soooo long to get character assist to work right in my game. like certain fighting games, a team mate can hop in, do an attack, then leave. it works since these are all one on one fights (usually)
    some of you should kinda alert folks when recommending plugins that require money lol... not everyone has money, nor do they want to spend it... sure they can click the link and see it costs, but I usually try to say upfront "yo, this'll cost ya"... maybe I'm weird.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I'm glad it's not just me. I guess sometimes I see a plugin recommended and it's like "you do know that cost's right? this person might not want that..." tho most of the time I see people say whether it costs or not.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    lol! Yeah, and sometimes it's not just a couple of dollars, either. I've seen plug-ins on itch.io cost $50 or so. That's not cheap even when you do have your own money. xD I linked such a plug-in on DIscord a little while back, but made sure people knew it was pricey before they even clicked on the link.
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    If I ever did go down that path (and I have for a couple of plugins), I'd much rather be able to purchase them outright rather than subscribing to someone's 'reon or any of the similar sites.
    I got MZ a while back, but I'm basically just using my MV project in MZ but I can't use MZ plugins of course and I'm wondering if I should just bump the project up to MZ... the plugins seem so much more streamlined... but a fair amount cost and I'm extra broke these days.
    drew one of the bosses today and animated them...
    I need to find some mapping tutorials cause I'm soooo terrible at it. like just awful lol. I've been having a huge asset issue with anything that isn't battle related unfortunately thanks to custom non-rtp characters.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    ahh ok, that's similar to what I was attempting actually. I'm gonna see if I can't truly get that to work then as it'd help with the comic book aesthetic I'm aiming for
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    There's also a parallel process that changes the graphic based on whether the player moved left or right, to get that Paper Mario kind of walk without any plugins. Hasn't harmed the frame rate thus far.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    oh wow, that actually sounds REALLY cool I admit.
    I've been debating on this as the title screen for a while now...
    sooo I'm making the music for my game and yeah... prepare for a very non typical rpg ost... I don't even know how to make typical sounding stuff. I can do D&B, hiphop, glitch, and whatnot all day tho lol.
    I started really going in on my project April of last year... I'm just now making starting the actual game... making assets (and not even all of them), whoooo... TIME SINK.
    RainbowGrenade
    RainbowGrenade
    God speed.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Somehow I think that's when a lot of people got serious about game design.. Since most of us were stuck indoors. :LZSwink:
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    It depends on the game in question and the developer. Some games require more time to prepare. My recent game took me month (nowhere near as long as your game) to actually get to started on the game's story. Most of the characters minus the main character are placeholders right now.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evil7 added!

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdramose