Following 2

Birthday:
May 10, 1986 (Age: 33)
factory worker

Share This Page

zerobeat032

Rare Spawn, Male, 33, from St. Louis, Missouri

Veteran

making my own icons has been... interesting lol. and I'm also stoked my blank figma figure arrived. time to use it for reference posing! May 17, 2019

zerobeat032 was last seen:
May 25, 2019 at 10:42 PM
    1. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      making my own icons has been... interesting lol. and I'm also stoked my blank figma figure arrived. time to use it for reference posing!
      1. Artificer likes this.
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Have you tried edits of the RTP icons? I did that for ACE, and got some interesting ones just by tint changes or combining two into the same icon.
        May 17, 2019
    2. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      drawing my own battlers, XP style has been a ton of fun actually.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        well they aren't actually sprites since i'm going the old XP route. i'm just drawing out my characters. you can see two of them in my profile picture actually.
        Nov 4, 2018
      3. Benny Jackdaw
        Benny Jackdaw
        Do you have any more?
        Nov 4, 2018
      4. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        not yet unfortunately... I'm still drawing them lol. 2 down and 4 more to finish.
        Nov 4, 2018
    3. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      time to start drawing different frames for my main characters Idle stance.
      1. Amarok likes this.
    4. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      drawing and animating is a lot o' work... buuuut i finally got the tools to do em all so, let's rock?!
    5. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      because of my obsession with fighting games... i wanna figure out how to give everyone in my game "Stun" rates for getting dizzy... but how?
      1. Kes
        Kes
        By posting a question in the Support forum for the engine you are using, not by asking in a Status Update.
        Apr 16, 2018
    6. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      stumped by damage formulas... in the sense of not knowing what i should do to make them different. time to study....
      1. Trihan
        Trihan
        Just make everything do 1 damage, always.
        Feb 27, 2017
        zerobeat032 likes this.
    7. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      FINALLY figured out how to reduce my lag issues a bit. and other than the weird shadows under the characters (that i have no idea how to rid myself of...), i can finally get back to work on things!

51075.IPB
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        You can just edit the image in the system folder and make the whole thing transparent.  But if you really need help with stuff, you should post on the forum.
        Nov 2, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        oh wow... never thought of making them transparent lol. if that doesn't work, then yeah, i'll definitely post. for now it's not the biggest deal until i make a bit more progress.
        Nov 3, 2016
    8. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      hmm, i need to send someone my project to see if it's my laptop causing the lag or if it's a certain plugin of sorts... not sure how to go about doing such a thing
      2. Dark_Metamorphosis
        Dark_Metamorphosis
        What part of the game is having issues by the way, so I know what to look out for?
        May 27, 2016
      3. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        battles are lagging heavily with Yanfly's Battle Engine Core on. I'm not sure what's causing it or what not. No one else seems to be having this issue with it. Animations come out really slow and everything else seems a tad laggy as well. here's the link... I forgot to erase a lot of the image files though so i think it's kinda big... if you need me to erase stuff first lemme know. here's the link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wywn87v5ejdjb08/AABYOrs4UyjdxISi4SaOC5M_a?dl=0
        May 27, 2016
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        If you suspect it's a plugin, just disable the plugin and see if it still lags. You don't need to send someone the project.

Since this has turned into a "help me" request, I'm going to go ahead and lock it.  Please post in the forum if you need help.
        May 27, 2016
    9. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      GIMPED up my characters to make them look more profound on screen... noice.

38734.IPB
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        hmm I thought about that. Luckily I've got the files to go back and do edits. As for the shadows... I THINK there's a way to do it in Victor's plugin, but I'm not sure.
        May 26, 2016
      4. Niten Ichi Ryu
        Niten Ichi Ryu
        I guess they are supposed to be sideview battlers. In that case, Brown hair dude should be also looking towards left (like blue haired) and maybe hold is sword towards left too. Otherwise, your art is really nice.
        May 26, 2016
      5. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        I was thinking about the eyes on Ray (brown hair). It was changed when I was trying to get a front view RPGMakerXP thing going. I never changed it back lol. And thanks! It takes time drawing these characters (still working on the 3rd one as I type), so I appreciate the compliment.
        May 26, 2016
    10. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      thanks to Yanfly, i can finally use everything in battle as it i intended! here's a look...

37887.IPB
      1. 1 person likes this.
    11. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      redid Laine's main face for the battle status window... wanted to incorporate her "i don't care" comic book form... so she's smoking lol

37837.IPB
      1. 1 person likes this.
    12. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      doesn't it suck when you need to let go of a really good plugin/script...? the reason for this one was too much lag with it... 
      2. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        i've done just that Shaz lol. i omitted some addon's with the plugin that i didn't need due to the nature of my games appearance. it's a bit less laggy now. considering it's a Yanfly plugin, i'm sure it's gotta be super optimized. i'm honestly not sure what was causing lag for me during battles. and even weirder was the lag would drop a lot without the plugin. but seeing as it's the Battle Core Engine, i needed it for at LEAST the Hp bars and definitely the CTB lol.
        May 10, 2016
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        Are other people commenting about lag?  It could be that it's conflicting with something else you've got installed, or maybe you need to tweak some of the settings.  I'd post in Yanfly's thread asking for help before considering ditching it.
        May 10, 2016
      4. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        i did actually post a day or so ago. i don't "think" anyone is dealing with it. i searched the word lag and found nothing other than what i'd posted. i THOUGHT it might just have been my laptop, but again, with the plugin off... much of the lag went away. i'll look further into it to see if it is a conflict of plugins though. though, without the action sequences, it's not as bad. with me hand drawing static battlers i figured it'd look odd if they did a ton of moving lol
        May 10, 2016
    13. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      new font made just for the game... it's all hand written cept the symbols. it'll fit the more comic book-esque vibe.

37576.IPB
      2. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        thanks. it was actually a bit of a hassle lol. had to handwrite each letter and number and then import them to a font creator.
        May 7, 2016
      3. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        But got the effect you wanted so I am sure it was worth it.
        May 7, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        definitely! oddly enough it reminds me of the font in the old Simpsons arcade game from Konami lol. but yeah, i'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.
        May 7, 2016
    14. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      newest character art done... Laine Wilson. 

37532.IPB
      1. 1 person likes this.
    15. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      and a screen shot of Ray in battle... now if only I knew how to line him up with his face... argh

37038.IPB
    16. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      Sketching out Ryan, another character for my rpg Panic Attack... 

37037.IPB
      1. 1 person likes this.
    17. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      this took the last 2 and a half days... TOTALLY WORTH IT. it's nowhere near perfect and i need to see if a MV plugin exist to add more frames... but for now, i really like that i redid this.

34683.IPB
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Nirwanda
        Nirwanda
        Looks pretty cool. Congratulations, savor the fruits of your hard work ;)
        Mar 28, 2016
      3. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        thanks! that means a lot. it took quite a few hours to get this to this point. i've got plenty more to draw though... such as action stances, victory, hurt, dead, etc lol. but i'm looking forward to it!
        Mar 28, 2016
    18. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      going to redo this till i get it right then make sure it looks right in game...

34300.IPB
      1. Nirwanda
        Nirwanda
        Well, it looks pretty cool already, in my humble opinion.
        Mar 25, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        thanks! i like it too, but i know it can be better. mainly gonna adjust some things and mainly get my colors to look better.
        Mar 25, 2016
    19. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      got my new drawing tablet a few days ago! my pro pic is me putting it to use lol.
    20. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      very close to finishing my fighter class... tho, i need to figure out how to apply a var. to individuals... argh lol.
  • About

Birthday:
    May 10, 1986 (Age: 33)
    factory worker
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I mostly make music and bad video's of me gaming. But ever since XP I've been itching to make my own RPG. Mapping surprisingly has been the biggest challenge, then and now lol.

Signature

Guardian Bandits...