zerobeat032
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I've wondered for a while now... what is it about the YED SV plugin that just doesn't do transformations... I feel it's how it looks up the battlers honestly.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    odd... I actually FINALLY found a plugin that actually let's you transform using YED Sideview Battler... but the catch is, it's reading the same note tags still... meaning if the transformation doesn't have the same frame setups, custom motions and looping... oof...
    Welp... with numerous plugins and a bit of Javascript help, I've simulated an AP system in battle. Proud of myself honestly.
    Reactions: standardplayer
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Nice job! With flexible tools like that on your belt, you can really start to get creative and figure out what kind of battle experience you'd like to create for your player.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    exactly! it's pretty satisfying being able to make use of all the stuff I've gathered to put this together in such a manner.
    I really wish people knew just how awesome ICF-SOFT's params plugin was in combo with other plugins
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I've created custom Gauges through SRDude's Battle Status Customizer. you can add these to damage formulas like gainhp. you can even use them in lunatic coding with yanfly plugins like the skill core to set up skill costs.
    I can't recommend Juice FX enough for those who might be able to draw but not animate, like myself. epic lifesaver.
    hmm... my art doesn't lend itself to tilesets well. but I don't want all parallax. but I'm having no luck making tilesets...
    • Sad
    Reactions: standardplayer
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    lol it's weird... I can draw characters all day to varying degrees. but maps? nope. not my thing. bad at drawing them, designing them, etc... combos are pretty good tho, just saying
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Yeah, maps are their own art. I have no visual inclination whatsoever, so they're pretty far from something I can do well. Pizza Combos ftw
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    definitely... which is why I've been debating just drawing my own maps. I know how to in theory, but actually designing well thought out ones is another story. and yes, Pizza Combos always win lol
    Juice FX is actually pretty dang handy. with it, the guy in my pro pic, his cloak explodes in his battle intro. nifty.
    it feels so awesome that people seem to like the general direction of my rpg so fast. very motivating.
    hmm... I wanted something akin to fighting games in my game with QTE's... but apparently those are really hated in the rpg community... ouch lol
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Or, put another way... mayonnaise is great, and ice cream is great, but don't put mayonnaise on your ice cream!! Save it for the meals that allow the mayonnaise to bring out the flavor instead of clashing with it. :D
    Rockenberg
    Rockenberg
    I'm not sure who your target audience is, but I say make it the way YOU want it. Don't feel that just 'cause the rm community doesn't like means you shouldn't do it. Like, if your project ended up becoming crazy successful, I guarantee you there'd be a lot of people in the community who'd start using your idea.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    you both make good points. I actually have it implemented, tho I'm not terribly far so I could remove it. and I wanted to do it in a way that didn't punish players. they added to attacks as opposed to detracting. tho I've got a bit to think about before I go any further.
    FINALLY... a screenshot of my game that ISN'T in battle... grief. It only took from April to um... today
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to make people stand out. I'm actually having a similar issue in battles right now with lines kinda blending together too much. I thought about giving characters an outline. but I'm not sure if that'd be good or distracting. and actually it is beat em up inspired in a sense. I wanted something pretty different.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I don't think the sprites themselves need to be changed. I think just the background needs a thinner outline.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    hmm that's a good point actually. I figured I might've went overboard with the filter a bit. I'm realizing they should be a bit lighter on the backgrounds so the characters stand out more.
    today was very productive. got a walking animation done.I need to fix a frame or 2 tho. but overall... nice.
    the top secret boss in my game is actually a character from a comic book I never got made. but I feel it'd be a cool spot to drop her in.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    @The Mighty Palm Same, to be honest. I've made more than enough characters throughout my life to create new ones. At least, not new main characters.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    I just see it as a challenge to make new character. Although, having an old character re-purposed makes them almost like a new character.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I definitely get that... I actually made a new character for this game... which is based on a different comic idea from 2002-03 lol... and grief... it wasn't easy really. but it was somewhat manageable because he's a combination of character's I don't plan on using, but still wanted in the game.
    it seems I can only do one of my talents at a time. stopped drawing for years to make music. now it's the exact opposite. drawing in front.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    You have to specialize or you'll be a jack of all trades, master of none.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    you've got quite the point. and my art has never been better as a result of one thing at a time.
    SmashArtist
    SmashArtist
    Looking nice, I like the stylization!
    One thing I think needs attention is the fact that the background makes it hard to see the turn HUD and the SV Battlers.
    Maybe with the animation it looks fine tho.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah I've debated on how to filter the background because you're right lol, it is hard to see stuff. I'm probably going to turn down the filter on backgrounds for that purpose. especially since I purposely want battlers to pop.
    through the powers of QTE's and my love of fighting games, I effectively created a bard who puts in cheat codes instead of singing... lol
    I've learned a ton of little things about rpg maker mv in the last few weeks/month... and I'd like to make a video about some of it. hmm...
    I'm thinking about uploading some of my action sequences for mv to youtube... but first I need to figure out how to get rid of some lag...
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Oh MV and it's lag XD I know this is obvious, but during capture close EVERYTHING that isn't MV or your capture software. Make sure you don't have any system events like updates in waiting. Good luck, hope to see the video soon!
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    crazy thing is... there was NO lag actually recording it. but every time I recorded the action sequence, there was lag in the video for some reason. and I kept recording it, because during gameplay it seemed fine, but every video had a bit of a hiccup on a certain part. MV.. thanks lol
    I get it... people want certain battle systems for maker engines... but they usually aren't realistic about it at all. and for free... bruh
    Reactions: FleshToDust
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Listen, some of us just want to make OctoFinalChronoStardewPlatformTacticsABS for free. Is that so wrong? I suppose you'll be expecting people to pay for custom graphics next. ;)
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I remember a few years ago when one coder posted how much it would cost to make a custom engine. It was over $1000.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I remember someone saying it'd be about that much to do the Final Fantasy 13 system. or at least high hundreds. and to me... that's understandable. honestly the only thing I can't do in my battle system that I wouldn't mind being able to do is oddly something like Final Fantasy 13 and change classes at on whim. tho I feel through common events you could do that anyway. but with actual menu representation.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Oh, stop with the Melodrama...

...Listen to it instead!

anybody else like getting baked whilst coding?

When you go to the beach watch out for coconuts. Coconuts are more dangerous than sharks. Fact.
Try to get into pixelart again, so far its a sucess.
Also finally found a useful pixeltutorial which helps a lot.
♫ Anyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant, but he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes, he's got high apple pie in the sky hopes ♫

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SengoMiyu