zerobeat032
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• making the MV/MZ SV battlers in my style with my characters has been really fun. I edit/ create original motions where needed and have a good template to streamline my process for these. I've finished 3 characters in under 2 weeks.
    I modified the thrust motion a bit and came up with this based on the King of Fighter's games. it's a move called ZanRetsuKen.
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Shucks, I'm loving that comic-dot effect for the character. Time to have him rapid-punch some baddies!
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah, I've been a fan of the comic dot effect for a while now myself and with my original idea for the game actually being a comic, I figured the game should try to emulate that when possible.
    when one plugin does one thing and one other does another... but you need a plugin that does both lol... but you don't know how to code.
    if you're making you're own assets... I beg you, please find a way to streamline your process with a template or something. at least for characters/battlers.
    orochi2k
    orochi2k
    I have a pipeline of making 2D characters. I have another pipeline of making 3D battlers. Now, the problem is how to make them work better with each other. :kaoswt2:
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    @TheoAllen I'm curious myself on that as I make the music for my project as well and um... yeah I gotta start from scratch every time. @ATT_Turan yeah that's pretty smart. I'd be much further along had I done that. @orochi2k hopefully there's a way to figure that out.
    orochi2k
    orochi2k
    The current solution is to add another art style to eliminate the existed one. However, some players prefer to have the original version of the 2D/3D combination. Thus, I am maintaining 2 art-style versions of the game on Steam.
    I can't be the only one who dumps actual music into an empty project just to listen to it in different pitches thanks to how Makers speeds up and down stuff... right???
    ... I FINALLY found a way to balance Sideview and make sure I don't burn out drawing. it was staring me in the face the whole time. use the MV/MZ battlers as a template. I nearly drew the entire 18 stock motions in one day..
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    So... You gonna stick to it this time? I told you not to be to hasty :p
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    haha yeah I am. especially if I'm able to keep getting them done this fast. I'm almost done with the main character should I not choose to do any custom motions. tho I think I will do a few that aren't standard.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    The RTP has good animations but I think they pop out so much people tend to ignore them. I used the RTP battle Animations for my own custom battle animations.
    on twitter and amongst friends... I've debated sideview and frontview A LOT. then I realized I had drawn soooo much that it'd almost be a waste not to do side. but then I still haven't drawn quite enough either LOL. the joys of doing your own assets.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    I start with the mechanics just like @Moai_Games but having to do all the art all at once can be overwhelming for me. So I jump between the programming and the art so I don't burnout. Its tough to balance out.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    well in my case, I can't really use place holder stuff... at least default RPG maker stuff because It doesn't fit what I'm trying to do. for me, I needed to get the assets going to and build from there. through that, I have built my mechanics and game flow. like @Finnuval said, it's all in what works for you.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I think because I knew what the art stuff was going to be because of my game is based on an old comic idea so I had a lot of stuff in mind to start doing. I think my honest problem was being a bit too ambitious for it just being me lol.
    I have mountains of concept art for my game thanks to all the changes and stuff I'm probably not gonna have any direct use for. add in fan art like my avatar and yeah... I think I'm gonna have some of this in the game.
    I wonder what the general view is on battle logs... especially in front view. I've heard some say that's a no-no, while games like Earthbound I feel do a good job of relaying info to the player... decisions, decisions
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    that's not a bad idea. just keep what's most useful to the player.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I'm personally not a fan (I prefer damage popups) But I think if there's a mix and you don't have to spend all of your time looking at the corner of the screen, it should be fine.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah, I'm leaning on just certain things showing up.
    the author of Berserk passed away... grief. I'm not as big a Berserk fan as my friend, but I appreciate Berserk for so many reasons. even with my casual level knowledge, I understand it's importance to media as a whole.
    CraneSoft
    CraneSoft
    It was truly a great loss, considering that it helped shaped the dark fantasy genre and inspired so many video game elements (mine included). Hopefully his assistants can finish what he started.
    WingedHares
    WingedHares
    May he rest in peace :'(
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    Berserk is a great inspiration to many medieval fantasy stuff specially in games, things like dark souls, ff14 dark knight class, even a band called beast in black.
    Though i really liked it the constant hiatus and pauses put me off, sad thing that its creator never saw its magnum opus to conclusion.
    Take note guys, dont postpone, finish your projects :kaocry:
    Cool profile pic... So whats he(?) About?
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I didn't even see this until now, sorry about that lol. Um... this character is literally just called MUSCLE and is a standard enemy. he fight's with a little guy called DISTANCE who usually fights from a distance with projectiles. you could say one's a tank and the other is ranged DPS haha.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Ok, sounds interesting. He certainly does look the part xD
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    that's good then I'd say lol. there's a lot of fighting game nuances in my game, and according to that logic... he's a power type. slow but hits hard. he's weak against what's called zoning, aka sitting on the other side of the screen shooting projectiles haha. each of my characters fit archetypes from that genre.
    I realized that I don't talk about my game's plot too much. not that I'm hiding stuff, I just don't know what I should tell people in general that would be important. I know more so what plot points NOT to tell.
    just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.
    I feel still screenshots don't do my game justice. the characters don't move, but the filter over them does...
    just hopped into project recruitment... hoping to maybe find some artists to help with parallax maps and whatnot. I could do them myself, but I'm not really good at it so I'd prefer to stick to my strengths which is character art and SOME UI elements.
    Reactions: Sigony and Finnuval
    Sigony
    Sigony
    A lot of times people leave a project and then some issue arises that means development must stop, so please plan for those risks.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    In addition to what @Sigony says, Just do yourself a favor and first create a sort of repore with said person. Nothing major but Just back and forth a bit about stuff to see what type of personality you are dealing with.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    good things to note. thanks for that insight. It took me a few days to decide on it, but I think it's best to see if I can get some help.
    grief... some people just don't want actual help on here lol. you give em a solution of any kind and they're ungrateful. "this isn't EXACTLY what I asked for" lol... big oof energy.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Create MiniMaps, Sprites for MV Enemies, & Aethereal Plane Battlebacks | RPG Maker News #74

Vtubers Vs MOTHER.png

This might be my next project. You like it?
I'm off to search the master script list for my skill issue. HOORAY! FUN!
Fun fact: Digimon is an isekai :kaoswt2:
The problem with being a perfectionist is that you are never done with something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nekonix