zerobeat032
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• got around to animating one of characters recently with JuiceFX. I can draw a bit, but animation is beyond my scope of talents lol. so JuiceFX has been amazing.
    when you realize some people who completely skipped MV dev wise are back... like whut lol? I would've loved MV stuff from these people lol. I'm a bit bummed cause I know I'm NOT getting MZ so I guess I'll just pretend these people are still MIA lol.
    I need to restructure the entire narrative of my story now that it's a solo adventure. no party members, just my main character and his trusty Jetz Hammer lol.
    well I think my battle aesthetic looks pretty unique.... I still wish I could properly edit the turn order window like I did everything else tho...
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    With the victory one, I feel if I put that all the enemy troops are gone, maybe it'd work??? Tho not sure how I'd get one for the start yet. but that's actually worth looking into
    KakonComp
    KakonComp
    If it's change state or a variable that can show it, you could probably have that variable active before battle, then have it as a troop event to have a short wait time while it shows off the hud entrance, then get rid of the state/reset variable so the event ends.
    Assuming it's not all random before a battle starts, that is.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    wow that's a really good idea actually. I totally didn't think of it for some reason lol. hmm, I'll try that and see what I can come up with. thanks for that info!
    I've gotten too used to MV and certain things make me not want MZ at least anytime soon, and by then my project will be far enough along that switching over would be dumb lol.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Worth noting I also "ported" the 4 plugins that were legally okay to port and stopped at the plugins that weren't... Kind of got my hands tied on those. It's okay at least Mog is back on the scene, so he'll probably port his Weather plugin. Maybe I'll get lucky and Galv will port his projectiles as well.
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    @Trihan Thank you, that does make me feel better of my 10 year old project xD
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    and here I am thinking I've been working on my project a long time lol... since April of 2019... at least that's when I finally decided to make my own character assets. I've actually worked on it off and on since 2016. but last year I took the plunge and got serious.
    hmm Persona 4 and 5 had vital plot points spoiled for me. P4 during the playthru and friend spoiled the main antagonist and P5 on the friggin' way to pick it up, a RANDOM facebook post spoiled the traitor. I'm assuming I'll have all of P6 spoiled at the rate I'm going.
    • Sad
    Reactions: KakonComp
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    Well with P4 is was fresh when the game was first out on PS2. I was like on the second dungeon and then my friend boots it up at another friend's house on the last normal dungeon and then I'm like wait dude seriously.... now I know who the killer is. P5 was american release day. literally the first day it was street date available in America lol. I felt it was a big enough spoiler at the end of the day.
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Sword_of_Dusk
    The P4 thing is messed up.

As for P5, I guarantee that it was not the biggest twist of the game. I can promise you that. The game even drops hints that dude isn't to be trusted if you're quick enough to catch them.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    Oh it's not the biggest, I just felt it was big enough that I didn't want spoiled before I even got to the store to buy the game lol. I was literally on the bus to the store to get the game and saw someone spoil it. It's also just the fact that only Persona stuff get's spoiled for me and it's weird lol. I dodged Metal Gear Solid 4 spoilers for half a decade and yet I get spoiled on release day for P5 lol. grief...
    found out how to use Yanfly's absorbtion barrier with Luna MV... now I can get the numbers to show up, but I can't get the bar to go down lol. one step at a time I guess.
    grief... if MV didn't have certain plugins already, I think I'd upgrade to MZ. seeing like 10 MV plugins in 1 MZ one is hilariously convenient lol.
    I keep debating on whether the character's in my game should have their language edited like in a comic book (especially with that aesthetic in mind) or just let them curse lol... I feel edited with symbols would look funny tho at least (in a comical way)
    hmm this is from April of last year (left) and yesterday (right)... same character
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I'm curious, what is it about the older one you like more?I like both but for different reasons I guess. I'm thinking of taking parts from each and just making one final design in mind.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    The one on the right is technically better drawn but the one on the left has the more interesting pose and expression...
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    ahhh yeah, I figured as much lol. the older one was me getting used to drawing the character digitally. the newer one was me updating her for a front view battle position.
    it took a while to get this all going and I've still got tweaks to make but I'm happy with this so far. tho, it'd be nice if my computer didn't lag while recording... ughh
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    ahh ok I was wondering if that was too much and I see that it probably is lol. and I realized I made the font tooooo small and my hand writing is kinda bad for something THAT small so it's super hard to read, so yeah, I'll definitely fix those things! thanks for the input!
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    And those are some of the things that definitely need to be fixed to perfect it, but don't let that take away from knowing that what you've got so far genuinely is some great artistic work! I love the style and "dynamism" of everything in that scene.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    thanks, yeah... I wanna make sure I'm putting my best foot forward of course so if something needs some work, I'm down to fix it lol. and yeah I wanted to make sure my art stood out, I've been drawing these characters for ages so I figured let's put it to good use in this game
    I probably would invest in MZ just for the heck of it... but I don't have the funds... been jobless due to covid for a while now. thankful for the situation I'm in to keep a roof over my head, let alone other stuff.
    2 things... engine wise, some of these MZ updates seem pretty dope and I'm not even a plugin creator lol. and second, my friend is officially a boss character in my game lol... drew him a few days ago and dropped him into the game today lol.
    well... for the first time in months... I feel like my game is headed towards something again. I finally have it where I won't be drawing battle assets for the rest of the year...
    whhhy are the tracked sliced up so much for the Streets of Rage 4 ost? some of the best parts of certain songs are missing... all to fit it on a vinyl I guess.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I started really going in on my project April of last year... I'm just now making starting the actual game... making assets (and not even all of them), whoooo... TIME SINK.

Imagine being a pleb and using --------------------.js :LZSwink:
Ami
--- Survival For RPGist Part 2 ---

Survivalist: Now,I going to Test you: Fishing with Spear
M.Spear Knight: Leave it to me.
(M.Spear Knight Spearing the Fish with His Battle Spear)
M.Spear Knight: How it is?
Survivalist: I know you did it,but...Is that the Spear for Battle,not for Fishing?
M.Spear Knight: But,is that same?
Survivalist: (Sigh)...Whatever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SosukeTheBro