zerobeat032
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I keep debating on whether the character's in my game should have their language edited like in a comic book (especially with that aesthetic in mind) or just let them curse lol... I feel edited with symbols would look funny tho at least (in a comical way)
    hmm this is from April of last year (left) and yesterday (right)... same character
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I'm curious, what is it about the older one you like more?I like both but for different reasons I guess. I'm thinking of taking parts from each and just making one final design in mind.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    The one on the right is technically better drawn but the one on the left has the more interesting pose and expression...
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    ahhh yeah, I figured as much lol. the older one was me getting used to drawing the character digitally. the newer one was me updating her for a front view battle position.
    it took a while to get this all going and I've still got tweaks to make but I'm happy with this so far. tho, it'd be nice if my computer didn't lag while recording... ughh
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    ahh ok I was wondering if that was too much and I see that it probably is lol. and I realized I made the font tooooo small and my hand writing is kinda bad for something THAT small so it's super hard to read, so yeah, I'll definitely fix those things! thanks for the input!
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    And those are some of the things that definitely need to be fixed to perfect it, but don't let that take away from knowing that what you've got so far genuinely is some great artistic work! I love the style and "dynamism" of everything in that scene.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    thanks, yeah... I wanna make sure I'm putting my best foot forward of course so if something needs some work, I'm down to fix it lol. and yeah I wanted to make sure my art stood out, I've been drawing these characters for ages so I figured let's put it to good use in this game
    I probably would invest in MZ just for the heck of it... but I don't have the funds... been jobless due to covid for a while now. thankful for the situation I'm in to keep a roof over my head, let alone other stuff.
    2 things... engine wise, some of these MZ updates seem pretty dope and I'm not even a plugin creator lol. and second, my friend is officially a boss character in my game lol... drew him a few days ago and dropped him into the game today lol.
    well... for the first time in months... I feel like my game is headed towards something again. I finally have it where I won't be drawing battle assets for the rest of the year...
    whhhy are the tracked sliced up so much for the Streets of Rage 4 ost? some of the best parts of certain songs are missing... all to fit it on a vinyl I guess.
    I realized in over a year... I had drawn so many assets for one character that according to a basic 18 motion MV battler sheet... he was done 20 some odd motions ago...
    I think tomorrow it's time to jot down all of my ideas finally... I really should've done it ages ago. aimless isn't the move...
    weirdest thing... Actor tab acts ridiculous and crashes program at time. start a new project for a different reason (organization) and now the problem is gone lol
    my friend swung in for a clutch victory yesterday on my birthday getting me what I needed to get back to adding comic like filters to my graphics... my setback is gone.
    welp finally, FINALLY drew one of the new protags that didn't exist in the original story of the comic idea. was inspired by my favorite anime for this one.
    Reactions: SmashArtist
    Lilly
    Lilly
    I hope the anime wasn't puzzle and dragons...
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    no lol. I can say it wasn't that. It's mostly in the hair and cape but I was inspired by Simon and Kamina from Gurren Lagann
    after months of issues, I'll have to for go my game being more 2d side scroller-ish as I couldn't edit any tilesets to work with mv nor did I wanna draw it all myself... but, I think I've found a nice top down look.
    grief... my friend does streaming, blames me tonight for the Smash Bros lagging... a game notorious for lagging, when A. I've not had an issue with him at least before and B. I played Arms recently just fine.
    • Sad
    Reactions: JojoLaVache
    Lilly
    Lilly
    haha...
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    lol exactly... I mean I don't think he was upset per say, but to just up and blame me because I'm the one who usually isn't playing and all of a sudden there's lag. I mean, yeah, it very well could've been me. or it could be that Smash lags because Smash lags.
    SpaceBot
    SpaceBot
    You are too powerful! Stop having such a huge EM field! How dare you!
    really hype to find out my favorite Square Enix composer did stuff for FF7 Remake. I've been a huge fan of Masashi Hamauzu ever since Unlimited SaGa.
    Reactions: SpaceBot
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Definitely a favorite of mine as well. And I also may be one of the few here who liked Unlimited Saga and its... quirks.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I wanna replay Unlimited Saga and actually play it "correctly"... I randomly got to the end of a few character's story's but could never beat Chaos... years later I discovered I was playing the entire game all wrong apparently. it's a... unique game to say the least though lol.
    hmm... as much as it might suck... I think I might throw in the towel on using my own assets for characters... a year has passed and I'm no closer to starting on the game heh...
    • Sad
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I mean I became a Patron of PVGames, even originally bought all his stuff before discovering he gives it away to his patrons. I've gotten over 55,000 assets. I've probably given him $150 for everything.... So I paid $0.0027 per asset. Not going to lie, for less than one cent per asset.... I'd be basically silly to not do that. No way I can reproduce that kind of work for that price.
    Restart
    Restart
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    thanks folks... I think the big issue I'm having is not wanting my game to look like other rpg maker games. tho I've got enough assets to avoid that. but with my own assets, I can't make tilesets and my art clashes with existing tilesets. and I haven't been able to find a real way around that. to the point that it's stopped all progress. it's jarring to see my characters on a screen.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm sure this question's been asked before, but I can't find an answer: is there any way to run the Steam version of RPGMaker *without* being logged into Steam? It's a frustrating extra step sometimes.
Been seeing bright flashes in the sky for a while, and thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me. Nope! Lightning. Now it's raining heavily. Seeing lightning, but not hearing thunder, is weird.
Small Update for myself:
>Two Dungeon maps are done, Dungeon 3 is in progress. Dungeon 4 needs work.
>4 characters set up out of a possible 6 but those come later.
>Hub area needs work.
>Game completion..., 20-25% maybe?
Does anyone else find writing dialogue hard?
You guys want more tutorials? Well not only are we doing new video tutorials with Driftwood, we've also brought in two contributing authors for the blog to get a new tutorial every week! First one here from @Avery
https://blog.rpgmakerweb.com/tutorials/tutorial-mapping-interior/

Next week we'll get something from @hiddenone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ighjku