zerobeat032
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• this honestly took so long to pull off thanks to a million if... else statements.
    ok... ODDEST stuff... A. my computer lags when plugged in. B. Rpg Maker MV runs only at 40 frames maxed unplugged and barely 10 plugged. but here's the kicker... NONE of this was happening at my gf's house AT ALL. perfect 60 frames plugged in. WHAT...
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I'd say your computer likes your girlfriend better ;)
    estriole
    estriole
    you need to sell that computer A.S.A.P... who knows next week your girlfriend already taken by your computer :p...
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    LOL yeah... I think I'm in trouble because the thing has been giving me nothing but issues since I got back home. though I think I figured out the issue. it might be the power adapter.
    my main characters favorite anime is a shonen anime about the power of barbers... "Shin Tokoya", I look forward to drawing this.
    I wonder if I should make a thread somewhere... but how do you all feel enemies only having idle animations. I feel I'd never finish my game if I gave enemies other animations/motions.
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I'm of the opinion it's more important that you eventually finish your game versus adding extra embellishments. So finish your game, then go back and add more stuff later if you feel the need to. But even if you don't, your game is at least finished.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    that's a big reason I have it so enemies only have 1 animated idle pose. I got so burned out drawing my actors over the last 2 years. and it's only 4 actors lol. but I do wonder what most feel about it and if I can come up with something that captures my vision without overdoing it.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    It's been my experience that people here will suggest whatever they like best from AAA studios. If you're already tired of drawing them, what chance of success do you think you'll have if you have to draw countless extra animation frames? Just asking of course, you know yourself best. Personally I advocate doing whatever works best for you, it is after all your vision. Not theirs.
    when you start figuring out things within plugins to your benefit. I have an ATB gauge like grandia, but it'd appear at the start of the fights before any other status stuff. figured out with switches and whatnot how to get it to show up when everything else does. I'm really proud of that.
    back in April of 2019, I watched my friend's art stream on twitch. that was when I got inspired to draw most of the assets for my game. it's been a LONG journey since, but totally worth it.
    I really need a better indicator of where you can jump up and down though I feel... otherwise I like how this turned out for the first part of the first dungeon of the game.
    Bendyizzt
    Bendyizzt
    This does not look like an RPG anymore [or maybe it was not one to start with]
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    Oh it is lol. I just wanted something with more side-scolling elements. something closer to the Lisa game than what rpg maker normal does.
    I really wish my game was far enough along for it to be actually playable beyond certain aspects. I think I've crafted a really fun battle system thanks to ATB, fighting game, and Boost point mechanics.
    hmm... I just solved one of the more annoying sideview battler problems in MV.. Passive States and Visual States can make it so when your character is in crisis HP, they don't go back to normal walk/wait when it's their turn. they stay in the crisis motion... neat.
    energy drinks have made this week SUPER productive so far lol. I finished one of my overworld maps, along with 2 other maps and a way to traverse to said overworld map.
    World Map for the inside of my main character's head. Every spot is an area that either occupies his thoughts or staples of everyone's "headspace"
    I've said it before but it's weird when people seem unwilling to settle for something that isn't quite what they want... when they are at the mercy of scripters. I've found sooo many workarounds during my project because I'm NOT a scripter. people have to learn to compromise. or pay someone/learn coding themselves.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I'm glad other people get it... I've had to do numerous workarounds and/or pay for services on a multitude on things. as some have stated, it breeds creativity to come up with solutions to things. maybe I'm lucky though because asset wise, I can draw, make music, etc...
    Bendyizzt
    Bendyizzt
    Look, I know I request a lot for sprites and crap but if people want something for free, DO IT YOURSELF, or ask someone without being demanding [that's what I say anyway]
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I feel it's fine to ask, I feel this was aimed at people asking for things with a laundry list of requirements. especially when something close enough exists. you might have to work around the limitations. but yeah, do it yourself or pay if it doesn't meet every requirement.
    when the game you're looking forward to the most this year (so far) has a beta... and said beta keeps booting you out... GRIEF.
    hmm, I notice on google when I look for rpg maker stuff, MZ never comes up at the end... just MV lol. so I guess not too many are asking questions about MZ maybe? or it's tailored to me asking about MV.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    But yeah the cost of MZ is pretty high, and what it offers most people is pretty low. If I didn't make all my own plugins, it would be nearly useless to me. So whenever anybody asks I always steer them to MV, especially because the cost of entry is next to nothing for it.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I totally get that about MZ, I usually steer people towards MV myself. and that's interesting about the particles and whatnot, I'll look into that. I feel I don't know enough honestly. and yeah, be glad you're doing your own plugins, because yeah MZ's cost of entry... ouch lol.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Pixi Particles are interesting because you're not making frame by frame animations like Effekseer. Instead you give it what graphics you want, then give it numbers and it essentially throws/rotates/moves them all around. So most particles take me maybe 15 minutes to make. I suspect I'd almost have to make videos on how to do to get most people here to try them though. :kaoswt:
    No More Heroes 3 Trailer... but all I care about is whether or not I saw Destroyman in said trailer... please bring him back a 3rd time lol.
    jsn2001
    jsn2001
    He's already been confirmed to be coming back by Suda's concept art! Same with another boss, though I won't say who in case you'd rather not know (but it's easy to find)
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    that is awesome to hear, Destroyman was always one of my favorite characters in the series, so yeah that's great. and ok, I'll look at everything and see who this other boss is, now I'm super curious lol.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unknown.png

Been feeling that my characters spent too much time exploring caves, so I figured it was time to explore abandoned keeps instead.
Did you had some minor hitches with RMMZ? Come report to my topic where I did the same! [Just another rant from a RM veteran + Suggestions and Solutions] All opinions are welcome!
Squashing some bugs before releasing plugin :LZScool:The testing phase is taking more time than what I expected...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tenjung