zerobeat032
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I feel still screenshots don't do my game justice. the characters don't move, but the filter over them does...
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    So why not use OBS to record your game in action? It's what I do. Plus if you capture it as a MP4 (which I think is default) you can just straight upload it to either Twitter/Instagram/Imgur.
    just hopped into project recruitment... hoping to maybe find some artists to help with parallax maps and whatnot. I could do them myself, but I'm not really good at it so I'd prefer to stick to my strengths which is character art and SOME UI elements.
    Reactions: Sigony and Finnuval
    Sigony
    Sigony
    A lot of times people leave a project and then some issue arises that means development must stop, so please plan for those risks.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    In addition to what @Sigony says, Just do yourself a favor and first create a sort of repore with said person. Nothing major but Just back and forth a bit about stuff to see what type of personality you are dealing with.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    good things to note. thanks for that insight. It took me a few days to decide on it, but I think it's best to see if I can get some help.
    grief... some people just don't want actual help on here lol. you give em a solution of any kind and they're ungrateful. "this isn't EXACTLY what I asked for" lol... big oof energy.
    I saw a parallax video that used tileset assets but it looked like MV3D... but I don't think it was... I'm super wondering how they did it. it wasn't in English tho and it was randomly on Steam... not sure how to get ahold of the person lol.
    Storyteller-Hero
    Storyteller-Hero
    If you're looking for a 3D plugin for MV -- I think if you search the MV plugin forum here, you should be able to find a thread for it.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    thing is, I don't think that's what they used... it was all parallax from the looks of it. it just has a 3D-ish look like MV3D. I'm just curious how they did it lol.
    I'm in a much better mood about my game than I was 2-3 days ago. I keep switching between sideview and front because of the amount of assets needed for side (I'm drawing it all myself)... but I've decided to stick with front, for my own sanity. sidenote... people, planning is important. I've spent so long on just getting my game's ideas off the ground because I didn't plan ahead.
    oddly enough, at this point... 3 major things have kept me from porting my project to MZ... animations, and that's mainly because they don't match the artstyle of my game. and two... I NEED a YED Sideview Battler like plugin and I have yet to see one. 3rd, I don't have the money for all the stuff I need plugin wise. and I already have it on MV... lol
    I need to force myself to take a break... I keep trying to push with artwork and it's causing my art to suffer as well as just my mental state. I'm once again burnt out on art. I wanna work on my project, but I can't without the art done since I can't use much for placeholders since everything is custom...
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    so how about brainstorming and just talking about you game while doing someting else? Still will keep your min bussy with while giving you a small break?
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    that's a good idea. It's also not like I don't have other things to do like gaming and whatnot ha. so yeah, I think that'll work.
    forgot I drew Riley's message bust ages ago. They might be one of the most unique characters in the game so far.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I wanted to leave their gender up to interpretation so I can't say whether they're a girl or not haha. and Jet Set is a big influence on me in general so I'm not surprised a character wound up with that vibe.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Well IT worked xD i first thought Guy, but the chest area made me switch to girl so... Mission accomplished I guess xD
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    that's good lol. I wasn't sure if I nailed the design right or not.
    ok... ODDEST stuff... A. my computer lags when plugged in. B. Rpg Maker MV runs only at 40 frames maxed unplugged and barely 10 plugged. but here's the kicker... NONE of this was happening at my gf's house AT ALL. perfect 60 frames plugged in. WHAT...
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I'd say your computer likes your girlfriend better ;)
    estriole
    estriole
    you need to sell that computer A.S.A.P... who knows next week your girlfriend already taken by your computer :p...
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    LOL yeah... I think I'm in trouble because the thing has been giving me nothing but issues since I got back home. though I think I figured out the issue. it might be the power adapter.
    my main characters favorite anime is a shonen anime about the power of barbers... "Shin Tokoya", I look forward to drawing this.
    I wonder if I should make a thread somewhere... but how do you all feel enemies only having idle animations. I feel I'd never finish my game if I gave enemies other animations/motions.
    Reactions: ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I'm of the opinion it's more important that you eventually finish your game versus adding extra embellishments. So finish your game, then go back and add more stuff later if you feel the need to. But even if you don't, your game is at least finished.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    that's a big reason I have it so enemies only have 1 animated idle pose. I got so burned out drawing my actors over the last 2 years. and it's only 4 actors lol. but I do wonder what most feel about it and if I can come up with something that captures my vision without overdoing it.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    It's been my experience that people here will suggest whatever they like best from AAA studios. If you're already tired of drawing them, what chance of success do you think you'll have if you have to draw countless extra animation frames? Just asking of course, you know yourself best. Personally I advocate doing whatever works best for you, it is after all your vision. Not theirs.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Arcade-Style RPGM Games? RM2k3 Game Jam & Synth-Retro Music by Azakaela | RPG Maker News #39

Just evented my first minigame, no plugins~ :kaojoy:
I feel still screenshots don't do my game justice. the characters don't move, but the filter over them does...
Wonder if this year, there be more MZ plugin than MV or that MZ is still small compare to whole MV collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaterIce455