Followers 1

Birthday:
May 10, 1986 (Age: 33)
factory worker

Share This Page

zerobeat032

Directional NPC, Male, 33, from St. Louis, Missouri

Veteran

through the powers of QTE's and my love of fighting games, I effectively created a bard who puts in cheat codes instead of singing... lol Dec 6, 2019 at 9:24 PM

zerobeat032 was last seen:
Dec 8, 2019 at 4:03 PM
    1. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      through the powers of QTE's and my love of fighting games, I effectively created a bard who puts in cheat codes instead of singing... lol
    2. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      I managed to make custom gauges with the help of two seperate plugins. one creates the params, the other, the actual gauge. amazing...
      1. Starbird_Resources likes this.
    3. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      I've learned a ton of little things about rpg maker mv in the last few weeks/month... and I'd like to make a video about some of it. hmm...
    4. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      I'm thinking about uploading some of my action sequences for mv to youtube... but first I need to figure out how to get rid of some lag...
      1. The Stranger and standardplayer like this.
      2. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Oh MV and it's lag XD I know this is obvious, but during capture close EVERYTHING that isn't MV or your capture software. Make sure you don't have any system events like updates in waiting. Good luck, hope to see the video soon!
        Nov 27, 2019
        zerobeat032 likes this.
      3. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        crazy thing is... there was NO lag actually recording it. but every time I recorded the action sequence, there was lag in the video for some reason. and I kept recording it, because during gameplay it seemed fine, but every video had a bit of a hiccup on a certain part. MV.. thanks lol
        Nov 28, 2019
        standardplayer likes this.
    5. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      I get it... people want certain battle systems for maker engines... but they usually aren't realistic about it at all. and for free... bruh
      1. FleshToDust likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. ImaginaryVillain
        ImaginaryVillain
        Listen, some of us just want to make OctoFinalChronoStardewPlatformTacticsABS for free. Is that so wrong? I suppose you'll be expecting people to pay for custom graphics next. ;)
        Nov 24, 2019
      4. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I remember a few years ago when one coder posted how much it would cost to make a custom engine. It was over $1000.
        Nov 24, 2019
      5. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        I remember someone saying it'd be about that much to do the Final Fantasy 13 system. or at least high hundreds. and to me... that's understandable. honestly the only thing I can't do in my battle system that I wouldn't mind being able to do is oddly something like Final Fantasy 13 and change classes at on whim. tho I feel through common events you could do that anyway. but with actual menu representation.
        Nov 24, 2019
        FleshToDust likes this.
    6. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      didn't even feel like going through all my content.... just told Youtube, "nope kids ain't welcome here..."
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I did the same
        Nov 22, 2019
      2. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        I realized I had less stuff kids could watch than I first figured so this works out anyway. I'm not sure how they feel in particular about most fighting games but I didn't even wanna take that chance. and most of my channel was uploads of matches from fighting games.
        Nov 22, 2019
    7. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      after seeing Giorno's speech to Bruno... I'm finally sold on his character. tho... I still don't think I'll like it as much as part 4
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        I really enjoyed the first 3 parts. I didn't enjoy 4 as much because Jotaro was a cameo character but the villain in 4 was I think the best the series ever had. I don't know what happened between 4 and 5 but he lost his fruit loops after that.
        Nov 20, 2019
        Marsigne and zerobeat032 like this.
      4. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        I actually like Jotaro more in part 4 for some reason. maybe because he's a bit less... something than he was in part 3. I oddly noticed none of friends liked him until towards the end of part 3. he had to grow on all of us. Kira was amazing tho. which might be why I like part 4 so much. part 5 tho... it's weird, even part 6 doesn't seem AS wacky.
        Nov 20, 2019
        FleshToDust and Marsigne like this.
      5. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        He's more of a thinker in part 4 but he's only got like 20 minutes of screen time through all of part 4. I didn't like him at the beginning of part 3 either. Especially how rude he was to his mother. I liked kira a lot as a villain. He was evil and they didn't try to make him grey. He's a psychopath and you see how whacky they think and dont try to justify stuff.
        Nov 20, 2019
        zerobeat032 likes this.
    8. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      as I figured... Terry is MAD fun in smash... and then I find out my online has expired lol. right when I finally get back to smash. grief...
    9. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      and it was today that learned, if you make certain stuff happen in a state, you can call it in an action sequence.. this blew my mind
    10. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      ya know what wish could've gotten more of... tips and tricks type stuff that yanfly was doing. those were SUPER helpful. farewell Yanfly
      1. Shaz
        Shaz
        those comics were awesome!
        Nov 4, 2019
        zerobeat032 likes this.
      2. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        yeah they really were I'd say. it's little stuff like that, that just seemed pretty cool to me in general. I need to look at those again. I'd almost forgotten about them.
        Nov 4, 2019
    11. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      for those who don't know... RPGMaker Humble Bundle is on right now.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        If you need even 3 of the items past $50 you are more than likely still saving money. Or if you need MV, $50 for MV is better than $79.99.
        Oct 9, 2019
        PaladinJessa likes this.
      3. PaladinJessa
        PaladinJessa
        Oh absolutely. When I say $50 is a bit much, I mean that as "I dont have $50". Its a great deal. But not something I'm able to take advantage of
        Oct 9, 2019
      4. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        Yeah, I have enough of the stuff from the last time they did this that I personally don't need much now myself. but I figured I'd spread the word for those who might have the cash to spare. the $50 and up is pretty good if you can afford it of course. like bgillisp said it's easily saving you depending on what you need from it.
        Oct 9, 2019
    12. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      my game is based on a comic book idea I had a long time ago (I'm old). and I just figured out how to make my assets appear comic book like.
      1. Finnuval
        Finnuval
        33 and he says he's old... Wait till you pass 40 :p
        Sep 28, 2019
        zerobeat032 likes this.
      2. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        when I think about how long this idea has existed... whew... I definitely don't feel young lol. It's so hard to believe I came up with it almost 20 years ago. then I realize how far I am from 20 yrs of age lol. but honestly even 40 isn't that bad to me in the grand scheme.
        Sep 28, 2019
        Finnuval likes this.
    13. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      Terry Bogard in Smash!... as a fighting gamer. this is excellent news. as a Metal Slug fan, I'm a bit saddened lol...
      1. definite_lee likes this.
      2. definite_lee
        definite_lee
        man Terry Bogard was one of my favorite fighting game characters as a kid. So I screamed when I saw him revealed today.
        Sep 5, 2019
        zerobeat032 likes this.
      3. definite_lee
        definite_lee
        but it made me sad to see all the kids in the Nintendo Direct stream chatroom say "WHO?" when he was revealed over and over again. SNK needs to step it up to reach this generation!
        Sep 5, 2019
      4. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        yeah I realized something... if you didn't play fighting games at a certain and/or under a certain age... you have no idea what SNK is, let alone Terry... and that sucks. I've been playing fatal fury since I was 9 back in 95 and it's existed since 91. but I get if you were born after 96... it's kind of a wrap. Terry was only in King of Fighter's games after 99. SNK DOES need to step it up, and here's their chance!
        Sep 5, 2019
        definite_lee likes this.
    14. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      the more motions I make, the cooler my battles seem to look. shame I'm not animator and they're all one frame stills lol.
    15. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      I'm no animator and I thought using 1 frame per motion would hurt... but things actually look decent so far. especially with custom motions.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
    16. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      I hate when something stumps me and I feel the answer is literally staring me in the face... yet I still can't figure it out.
      1. The Stranger likes this.
      2. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        Me and custom Title Screens in a nutshell...
        Aug 17, 2019
        zerobeat032 and The Stranger like this.
      3. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        me trying to edit my battle UI right now with the Luna Engine for MV lol. I feel like I'm literally seconds from figuring it out, if only I could figure it out lol.
        Aug 17, 2019
    17. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      when you look back at VX Ace scripts and realize the sheer amount of scripts for oddities you didn't think you'd want a script for...
    18. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      so I'm making all of my own assets, and it's going ok... except for battle animations. bad at drawing them and I suck with programs for it.
      1. Hollow 1977 and SolonWise like this.
      2. Hollow 1977
        Hollow 1977
        Animations can be very difficult. There are some programs to help with this but it can still be a challenge. You might try graphics gale. Its free and it helps you create a sprite sheet.
        Jul 6, 2019
        zerobeat032 likes this.
      3. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        yeah I've got a few programs that might help. hopefully I get better at drawing them like I have with characters and backgrounds. the particle programs seem harder to use and I can't find a ton of tutorials for the 2 that I use.
        Jul 7, 2019
    19. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      thanks to custom motions, I can have my characters look like they're dashing too and from foes. hence my current profile pic.
      1. standardplayer likes this.
      2. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        Congrats :D Little details like that make a big difference in the overall presentation.
        Jul 3, 2019
        zerobeat032 likes this.
      3. zerobeat032
        zerobeat032
        that's how I felt about it. like I animated my slime enemies rolling to and from the actors during their attack phase and it was just something really neat about it.
        Jul 4, 2019
        standardplayer likes this.
    20. zerobeat032
      zerobeat032
      roblox oof... I'm having such a hard time deciding on finalizing character designs that represent what I want, but are easy to draw/animate
  • About

Birthday:
    May 10, 1986 (Age: 33)
    factory worker
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I mostly make music and bad video's of me gaming. But ever since XP I've been itching to make my own RPG. Mapping surprisingly has been the biggest challenge, then and now lol.

Signature

Have you Panicked lately... Panic Attack Returns...