zerobeat032
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• finally drew 3 of the enemies that appear as students from the high school that's in my game.
    I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
    new mechanic in battle where you can mentally erase enemies when you deplete all their MP instead HP. this gives you a special item of their "memory". it's pretty cool to do in battle so far.
    ... One of the first major antagonists in my game. a high school principal dead set on doing whatever it takes for his school to keep it's accreditation.
    so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.
    I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    Environments aren't my strong suit either. However, if I were to pick which I drew better (nature or buildings) I would say I make better buildings.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I'm still trying to figure that one out myself as far as which one I'm better at. I'm leaning on nature if only because I'm pretty abstract with it and it allows for more freedom, especially within the context of my game.
    I'm weird as there are a few game franchises I'll watch and read about, but have no interest in playing.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    That's fair. I have a few of those too.
    Tiamat-86
    Tiamat-86
    im starting to become like this because franchises i used to love are just not what they used to be.
    FF to be STB or ATB rpg, now they are action rpg and edging closer to hack and slash.
    pokemon games now having 100% is like a $400+ endeavor.
    meme games (amongus) troll games (golf with friends/mario party) fun to watch, crap to play if have no friends.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah I can relate... In my case I'm thinking of stuff like Deltarune and Undertale where because of how I like to play rpgs and combat systems, I have no interest in actually playing them. but I love everything else about them. FF I definitely get. I have zero interest in playing 16, but some of it look's interesting.
    game balance can be rough. in the process of doing that a bit with battle. some moves are too slow, others are too powerful. grief...
    so I had the MESSIEST game files.. I started over on almost all data related assets and everything feels way better and organized.
    Reactions: Quexp
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    The main draw to RM is how quickly you can do an RPG compared to a more general purpose engine. The weak points for a major project start coming to light fairly quickly. So there's a lot of deciding exactly what your project goals are. I love RM but there are definitely a couple projects I started in it that are going to end up in different engines due to the scope not fitting well.
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    KazukiT that works great until you realize you didn't leave enough space for the number of items needed LOL. Been there done that still have the scars...
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    @zzmmorgan I know what you mean, it has happened to me as well.
    so... someone legit posted decrypter for MV and MZ on itch... as if I wasn't worried enough about my assets getting stolen since I did them mostly myself.
    HiddenAlchemist
    HiddenAlchemist
    Not the most reassuring thing I needed to hear today, more so that it's made available on a site that promotes self-published indie games. I would've sent an inquiry of concern to the site staff.
    Ami
    Ami
    i look it immediately after i read yours & yeah,it's really there (just for curiosity)
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    If you ever found your assets improperly used that's a DMCA violation. Unfortunately it takes money upfront to pursue a case. But you do have the law on your side. Those kind of decrypters are nothing new. Even for the AAA games illegally using their assets is a fairly trivial process.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My home state baseball team is going back to the World Series for the first time since 1999. I remember when they went in 1995 and won, that was like the best day of my life. (I'm a huge baseball fan and yes I'm talking about the Braves).
FL Studio is a huge step up from LMMS but I'm having such a tough time with it D:<
The new Dune movie reminds me of the game Dune 2 made by Westwood. A quality product on its own, but extremely disloyal to its source of inspiration.
Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ApeXKitsune