zerobeat032
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• thanks to a lot of lunatic coding... my game finally has a stun mechanic that I feel really good about. damage enemy's mental psyche (mp), and once empty, hitting with certain attacks trigger combos that can stack the damage.
    My game is basically turning into a 2 on 2 fighting game disguised as an rpg lol. here's eveyone doing their own intro in battle.
    so I've been following the MEchanics people dislike thread and um... I don't know how to please people with most of my game choices lol. but other's have told me to stick to my guns cause I've got certain design choices I'm really passionate about. just means I'll be alienating those who don't like it. can't please everyone...shrug.
    RCXDan
    RCXDan
    @zerobeat032 There's a simple answer to this: don't attempt to please everybody. Especially if there's conflicting answers and you're passionate about your choices.

I like answering to that thread because sometimes the things said there spark my imagination, and it's interesting to see the other side of things. Please don't get discouraged at people talking smack on the internet.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    thanks everyone, yeah it's been interesting to read everything, but I do have to take into accord that it's pointless to attempt to please everyone. I just wanna make the game I wanna make and whoever like's it, that's awesome.
    Cythera
    Cythera
    The thread is just to discuss personal preferences; everyone likes different things! A lot of things people have listed, I actually really enjoy in games, and use in my game haha. As with all advice and opinions, take it with a grain of salt. I don't want anyone feeling like their game is 'bad' because someone has an opposing opinion :yswt:
    I wish I was better with background art... I feel all of my games locales look cheaply done cause I'm not great at drawing that sort of stuff.
    hmm, I need a good place to backup my game to. I keep forgetting to and I realize I don't wanna lose everything.
    Reactions: superkoopa
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah, I've definitely heard good things about MEGA
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Yeah, I've got mine on an SD card. My piano teacher has a problem with cloud storage because she always thinks her files are going to end up in Japan, LOL. So whenever she messes up her computer she has to scramble to not lose everything.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    hmm just to be on the safe side I feel I should invest in an SD card.
    finally drew 3 of the enemies that appear as students from the high school that's in my game.
    I keep wanting to post every song I make for the game and have to hold back on that because at this rate, I'll have spoiled all the really good stuff lol..
    new mechanic in battle where you can mentally erase enemies when you deplete all their MP instead HP. this gives you a special item of their "memory". it's pretty cool to do in battle so far.
    ... One of the first major antagonists in my game. a high school principal dead set on doing whatever it takes for his school to keep it's accreditation.
    so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.
    I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    Environments aren't my strong suit either. However, if I were to pick which I drew better (nature or buildings) I would say I make better buildings.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I'm still trying to figure that one out myself as far as which one I'm better at. I'm leaning on nature if only because I'm pretty abstract with it and it allows for more freedom, especially within the context of my game.
    I'm weird as there are a few game franchises I'll watch and read about, but have no interest in playing.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    That's fair. I have a few of those too.
    Tiamat-86
    Tiamat-86
    im starting to become like this because franchises i used to love are just not what they used to be.
    FF to be STB or ATB rpg, now they are action rpg and edging closer to hack and slash.
    pokemon games now having 100% is like a $400+ endeavor.
    meme games (amongus) troll games (golf with friends/mario party) fun to watch, crap to play if have no friends.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah I can relate... In my case I'm thinking of stuff like Deltarune and Undertale where because of how I like to play rpgs and combat systems, I have no interest in actually playing them. but I love everything else about them. FF I definitely get. I have zero interest in playing 16, but some of it look's interesting.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"16. Do NOT contact other members by private message, on the forum or status feed, inviting them to put additional tools (such as leaderboards, ads, etc - whether yours or another person's) into their game."
Oh no. Necessity is the mother of invention. Do I want to know what happened?
Early WIP for my next entry. Since it's early you're going to need to wait a little longer than usual. What's that? You'll find out in my next update!
12.PNG
20 festive cards can now be unlocked in BiteMe!

The cards are permanent, but can only be unlocked in December!
Once the year is over, you won't be able to unlock the cards, or to upgrade it.
https://johndoenews.itch.io/biteme-storymodeCard141-160-Ad.png
Finally showing some updates again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nyhkkbjyek