zerobeat032
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• game balance can be rough. in the process of doing that a bit with battle. some moves are too slow, others are too powerful. grief...
    so I had the MESSIEST game files.. I started over on almost all data related assets and everything feels way better and organized.
    Reactions: Quexp
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    The main draw to RM is how quickly you can do an RPG compared to a more general purpose engine. The weak points for a major project start coming to light fairly quickly. So there's a lot of deciding exactly what your project goals are. I love RM but there are definitely a couple projects I started in it that are going to end up in different engines due to the scope not fitting well.
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    KazukiT that works great until you realize you didn't leave enough space for the number of items needed LOL. Been there done that still have the scars...
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    @zzmmorgan I know what you mean, it has happened to me as well.
    so... someone legit posted decrypter for MV and MZ on itch... as if I wasn't worried enough about my assets getting stolen since I did them mostly myself.
    Ami
    Ami
    i look it immediately after i read yours & yeah,it's really there (just for curiosity)
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    If you ever found your assets improperly used that's a DMCA violation. Unfortunately it takes money upfront to pursue a case. But you do have the law on your side. Those kind of decrypters are nothing new. Even for the AAA games illegally using their assets is a fairly trivial process.
    Moxy
    Moxy
    Is there something like Enigma Box for Mac?
    unless I magically got a team, my next game... if I even do it (it was supposed to all be a one and done lol), I'm NOT making my own assets lol.
    how does one go about setting up the structure of one's game when they have to make the assets first. I swear I wish I could use placeholder stuff lol
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I turn based beat em up sounds awesome. I'm experimenting with a turn based fighting game myself.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Hi, please post your question to the forum. The status feed is not for game development help.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    oh sorry... it wasn't necessarily meant to be answered, which is why I didn't post in a forum. I most was "talking out loud" which is why I followed with the comment joking about placeholder stuff. sorry, I should've been more clear.
    didn't realize how much I'd drawn as far as different areas for my game. thing was I wanted them all to link. but for the sake of easing up on myself... I'm gonna make each their own space.
    a screenshot from part of my opening for the game. 2 of the main character's falling into what's known as Escape Space.
    I think the filters on the landscape might be too much, but otherwise I really like the solution I have so far for background areas in my game.
    being a character artist... oof it's been tough going making background areas for my game. I opted to not use tilesets because just as bad at making maps with those lol. and my character sprites don't fit them at all.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah... they are like my avatar lol. so yeah, you see the issue. I'll figure out something tho I feel. just haven't yet.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    In your place I'd look up works that have a similar style and see how they do it. Things like The World Ends With You (I can't think of other examples, the style isn't my forte). The nice thing is that to work with visually loud characters, your backgrounds would have to be more simple so they don't compete for attention. You might be able to get away with flat colors and highly stylized and simplistic shapes.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    that's honestly what I was thinking. I don't have to do the most complex areas due to my characters. I think I'll look into that game tho. I've been meaning to since my friend started playing the sequel and me realizing my stuff is similar.
    welp... YED_Sideview Battler works on MZ with FOSSIL, and it even works with the new MZ Battle Core. problem is I dunno if the new battle core allows for custom motions with YED like the MV one does.
    I realized a while ago my game was toooo big in scope. even now I wonder am I trying to do too much by myself. and that's after completely changing the format of the game.
    Ashouse
    Ashouse
    I've been working on a few projects for the last 6 years off and on. Scope is a monster! You want to make the best game you can and lose yourself in something to realize that if you keep it up you'll never get there. I don't have anything finished, and I'm back on something fresh again. Episodic releases are my latest idea for viability.
    Ashouse
    Ashouse
    I have about 50 static monsters I'm seriously considering releasing as a paid resource pack. I'm not using them in this current project, or the other I have planned and each took me between 1 and 5 hours to draw and paint. lol. If I can sell em' at least there'd be that.

Attachments

• bone naga resized.png
      bone naga resized.png
      23.2 KB · Views: 1
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    that looks really good I'd say tho. but yeah scope really is a beast. you have to keep things within a firm reality of what you're actually capable of. especially if you're solo. and yeah I've got so much art I can't use for my project that I could probably sell them too.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

thanks to a lot of lunatic coding... my game finally has a stun mechanic that I feel really good about. damage enemy's mental psyche (mp), and once empty, hitting with certain attacks trigger combos that can stack the damage.
Waiting for the 1.40 update before testing out my copy of MZ so that I don't end up adding unnecessary work to my plate. Meanwhile the current fourth draft for my story is taking shape, and I'm fleshing out the lore as I realize how things would make better sense here and there for the world that I'm building.
Sword_of_Dusk wrote on BCj's profile.
Just found out about your complications. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I wish I could do something substantial for you, but our distance from each other makes that an impossibility. Still, if you ever need to talk or vent, I'm here.
Candacis wrote on BCj's profile.
I don't know, if any words will help right now, but here is a hug. And my offer to help you with Escalia, if you ever want or need help with it. Tiles or mapping especially.
MZ weather + title screen update is here! (Also includes MZ and MV RETRO demo project updates)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xdromed