zerobeat032
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• when you realize that despite the product, you're job is considered essential because it's a warehouse/factory... stuck working through this to make pesticides...
    this took all day lol... this isn't even final. I mainly did it to see how it'd work. luckily I just have to make script changes to the actual scene.
    being as my game is based on an old comic book idea waaay back from 2001-03... I'm gonna make most of cutscenes comic panels.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    That sounds like a cool idea. You are only going to have that for important scenes that are predetermined? What would you do with scenes you improvised into the game? Some of the lore and story bits in my games were not originally planned.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I haven't quite figured that out yet actually. It'd take time time to draw scenes just to have one character in them and another out... so probably just predetermined scenes.
    my city is going on a stay home order apparently as of Monday... because of reasons... I'm not too worried about not working. but my friends... grief, they could be in some trouble.
    Black Pagan
    Black Pagan
    Yup, Same here. Good thing we decided to stock up for the next 2 months on esstentials and Grocery, just in case.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    they're letting people leave for stuff like groceries and medicine, basically anything deemed as essential. otherwise we're being ordered to definitely stay in our homes.
    so some may have seen my art in here, but I make music too. or I have lol. it's been ages. but I want to again for my game. I just need drumkits again ugh...
    I'm starting to find myself too distracted in the last few days. I'm not getting much done. I A. need someway to focus and B. organize what I'm doing and when.
    when you realize a single plugin was chopping your game's framerate in half during battle... oof. yeah, the benefits of it weren't worth it. gotta ditch it.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Yeah, my whole jerry-built battle system was itself a giant memory hole I couldn't fix, so I know how you feel.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    ouch, hate to hear that... I was wondering for the longest why my frame-rate in battle was always so terrible... and I deleted a few plugins I felt weren't completely necessary, and saw the rate shoot back up. I realized which one was the culprit and yeah, it's gotta stay gone unfortunately.
    ... finally decided on this look for battles. need to fix stuff, but it's a start.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    The outline does help (a lot). Still might want to make the grain little finer and/or less dense but definetly getting there xD
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    It's actually not the grain this time lol... that's a different filter lol. I don't think I even have the grain on now haha. I wanted it to look softer overall, but still sketched. I'm determined to figure this out!
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Haha okay. Well whatever it is its Still a bit too coarse but you'll figure it out no doubt xD
    ... no one seems to have the right level of concern these days... they're either causing mass panic or acting like nothing is wrong. as someone who likes to stay middle grounded in this type of thing... this is aggravating.
    Reactions: Finnuval
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    (part 2) They saw I was just a sad lonely kid that wanted friends. I wasn't the standoffish distrustful negative person I was trying so hard to pretend to be. I want friends more than ever. I regret taking that for granted. Be kind to each other, everybody. It can change lives. It's worth it, I promise.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I have my moments where I've definitely pushed people away and isolated. tho for me, it's more of a "I need space to settle the storm in my head known as anxiety and depression"... I had a solid year of that in 2017. but I'm still here and doing way better. It's never too late to turn it around I feel. hopefully people will see you recognize their actions now and that you understand what's up.
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    Yeah my big sister and my mum especially. Both are more relaxed around me. They know I can take criticism and I'm not just gonna break down and cry. They can speak to me like an adult now.
    when your own 2020 is personally going decently enough, but literally everything around you is going to the crapper...
    Reactions: dreamfall887
    Mystic_Enigma
    Mystic_Enigma
    Still waiting on those mushroom clouds outside my window...
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    mushroom clouds = that's when I'll know, decent year personally or not... the bigger picture is clearly saying there's trouble
    trying to come up with a battle aesthetic that looks unique is... difficult. I can't quite pull off what I'm aiming for visually.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Which is?
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    essentially I'm trying to figure out something that more or less just shows pictures during attacks in the vain of comic book panels.
    faced with the following decisions. redo what I've drawn to pixel art to fit more resources or hope that making my resolution smaller helps the parallax process...
    I'm having an immensely hard time deciding on how to approach mapping because of the nature of my game. but my art clashes with all tilesets.
    • Sad
    Reactions: RachelTheSeeker
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    You could always look for people who are willing to do a commission so it can better fit the style you want.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I've thought about that. I just might. It'd have been easier had I done pixel art, but that's not my forte lol. odd that I can draw characters but not do pixel art haha.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    I am somewhat the same way, but my games do have sprites I made. The sprites don't look half bad. However, its my least favorite part of development.
    fighting game fans might really enjoy my game battle wise, and I feel non fighting fans might learn some stuff. thanks row system. pokes, neutral, and zoning time...
    any else using Luna Engine MV? I'm FINALLY getting the hang of it lol.... but I there was a way to use it for everything BUT battle.
    jkweath
    jkweath
    I would've started using it, but I ended up deciding to edit the menus myself. Not fond of the $60 price tag. Already had some experience so it wasn't nearly as hard as I assumed it would be.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I got lucky... I bought it in early access and spent half of that. still not chump change. especially considering the headaches I'm having with it in battle.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    but it's got some good things going for it with yanfly style lunatic coding. I can change my menu command based on who's in the party.
    ... so I started on my custom menu screen FINALLY. I'll redraw these two later, but I wanted an example of how it'd look. basically pausing to play a game... in a game.
    Reactions: standardplayer
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    lol I actually think I remember that one, and I barely remember an hour ago sometimes... and thanks! yeah it took a while to get this set up right tho. getting the main menu to scroll one option at a time inside the bubble was... rough.
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Oh, the options get scrolled in that bubble? So then you're using a mask, I'm assuming?
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    well... the picture of them standing and the bubble... it's all one picture. With Luna MV, I lined up the menu options with the bubble. and then I changed it from showing every option at once, to just one at a time. that was the hardest part of this actually because I had to figure out HOW to do that.
    Plok! looks so.... not cool lol. but geezus the OST for it is utterly amazing. Beach and Akrillic especially.
    I'm having such a hard time thinking of an interesting battle system. and not being a coder, certain things I wanna do seem a lot harder lol.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    You can event whatever's in your head without programming knowledge.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    I know its difficult if you don't know how to code if you want to make a custom battle system, I ran into a similar issue when I was making the battle system for my first game. Then I read a post here that stating, "A unique battle system is how you use your states".
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    hmm I never quite thought about it like that actually. good to know!
    I've wondered for a while now... what is it about the YED SV plugin that just doesn't do transformations... I feel it's how it looks up the battlers honestly.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    odd... I actually FINALLY found a plugin that actually let's you transform using YED Sideview Battler... but the catch is, it's reading the same note tags still... meaning if the transformation doesn't have the same frame setups, custom motions and looping... oof...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Looking at some classic RPG maps for inspiration... even Chip's Challenge maps for dungeons. It seems like towns might be more challenging on the visual side...

Upcoming boss. Messing around with the tint as it's in a drained sewer system.
Okay... This was an important decision. What to say. Happy autumn. :)

It seems opening MZ with the executable doesn't register it in steam. So on my steam account, it says I only used MZ for 5 hours lol.
Our program, who art in memory,
Called by thy name;
Thy operating system run;
Thy function be done at runtime as it was on development.
Give us this day our daily output.
And forgive us our code duplication,
as we forgive those who
duplicate code against us.
And lead us not into frustration;
But deliver us from GOTOs.
For thine is algorithm,
The computation, and the solution,
Looping forever and ever.
Return;

Forum statistics

Threads