zerobeat032
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• everyone... if you've solved an issue, I think it's a great idea to put said solution in the thread before you close it. just in case anyone has that issue and needs a solution.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah that's a good idea too. if I don't do that, I at least edit in the solution in one of my posts. I just feel some kind of way when I open a thread, see the OP said solved... and not actually say what the solution is lol.
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I think this would be a good idea in SOME instances. A good chunk of the time, the solutions end up being "highly specific" to the user. That is... nobody except that user has that problem, or people who did exactly what that user did, have that problem. Then, you've got things with multiple solutions since the user just picks "the one that works best for me".
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    well yeah, not all solutions will fit in someone's game. I've had times where stuff that worked for one didn't for me. but I at least welcomed the fact that it either A. gave me my own idea for a fix, or B. helped at least some other person.
    Face 3.png
    Mary might be one of my favorite characters to draw thanks to the TV face/head gimmick she's got going. I can put nonsense on the screen based on what's happening in game lol.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    why the CMYK scheme tho?
    is it to imply a comic book style?
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah, the original idea for the game was original for a comic book. but... I wound up turning the idea into the game I'm working on now, but wanted to keep some of the comic aesthetic and whatnot.
    • Love
    Reactions: Alador
    so I think the MZ update boosted the NWJS up to like 0.69... then took it back after errors and whatnot I guess. I tried it on MV and it oddly enough worked. Don't recommend it tho.
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Sword_of_Dusk
    I suppose it would work for some people and not others, as I think was the case for the MZ 1.6.0 update.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah, from the sounds of it, not everyone was having issues. I can say I was one who was tho. I have MZ (despite not really using it) and I couldn't get it working.
    ScreenShot_12_5_2022_10_18_22.png
    started working on a help menu for the game with the help of Yanfly's Common Event Menu. I've got the intial menu stuff setup. just gotta actually add in everything.
    Stage 1 Card.png
    struture-wise, my game operates more like a beat 'em up than an rpg. so each area of the city you run around in counts as a stage when you first get there. A silhouette of the boss/bosses will be in these stage intro pics, along with the stage name.
    Reactions: BK-tdm
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    Stage 2 Card.png
    figured since I knew what I needed for the second stage pic, I'd do it now as well.
    ScreenShot_11_30_2022_8_49_36.png
    added Galv's Battle Action info plugin so the player can know the amount of damage an attack does, amongst other things like hit rate, critical hit rate, and what states it adds.
    ScreenShot_11_25_2022_2_41_42.png
    I thought a nice little thing would be making everyone do a specific pose/animation on the elevators. just to give the scene more character.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    well if you mean how do I get them to animate in game, I use a plugin called QSprite that lets me setup and pick different animations I've drawn to be used in game.
    StrawberryFlower
    StrawberryFlower
    I mean, like drawings seem harder to manipulate and animate than pixel art. XD
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    ohh, all of my sprites are actually based on the sideview battler sprites and from there, I just modified them for whatever kind of pose I needed. It was definitely the easiest way to streamline the process, keep it consistent, and edit new poses.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'd make a joke about the post office, but I'm afraid you won't get it.
I've been on a really good streak lately of working on my game for at least a little bit each day. Even if I only complete one small task, it is still a much better pace than what I was maintaining previously!
I haven't worked on my game for a couple of weeks. Decided to get some things done this evening and found that my characters won't hop over to their targets to attack (Battlecore) but only when using a weapon that is a type with IDs 3 and anything above 6 in the database. Wasn't doing this before my break. Yeah, I'm done game devving. I won't allow another hobby to waste my precious time like this.
Always a good feeling when someone turns your design into an actual sprite and it looks like how it was intended :)
reporter.png
Thanks @spillycat for making my vision come alive:)
Thanks @hiddenone for making those hinesprites templates :D
i've mostly been working on sprite work for characters that i'm not show until i eventually finish this project, so until then here is the current title screen :)
62397824_kpIAOhDsOR4HQl7.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedEthan