zerobeat032
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I've been struggling again about front view versus side as front allows me to honestly do more because I have to make less assets. but most don't care for front view. I might post pics of both to see what people prefer... tho I'm heavily leaning on front just to be able to add more characters.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I would answer, but I will wait for the actual thread.
    knowing little things goes a long way. my characters do evade motions even if it's a miss and not an evade. audio manager let's me play a "danger" sound when someone's health is at a certain point. and I added a motion to set called intro and now it plays at the start of battles instead of walk.
    so, I updated my pixi stuff for MV and whoooo does it run better. BUT, some pixi filters won't work now. I'm wondering if there's a way to fix that...
    Featherbrain
    Featherbrain
    Was there a guide or anything you used to do this? I feel like I've seen a lot of similar comments about performance improvements but at the cost of pixi filters and other functionalities breaking. I'm curious to try it at some point, though I fully expect it would break too many things in my project.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I did it via a link on a website that I think will get censored if I type it in lol... just look up rpgmv update patch by VioZPM OR you can look for the topic on the forums about updating pixi. either will get similar results. also look up updating NWJS on the forums.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    with that said, be careful as these can break some pixi related plugins. tho since those are cosmetic usually, I wasn't too bummed. some still work actually. but the performance boost is immense. my game stays at a consistent 60 finally most of the time.
    it's been... a year. other than oddly meeting my girlfriend and working on my game, it's been one anxiety issue after another. but I'm still here. and I'm thankful for it. here's to next year starting the "healing" process of sorts.
    I wish I had the patience to give my enemy battlers animations outside of their stance. but grief it's taken me over a year to finish just 3 characters. Question, where do you go to post a general question about a game... like I wanna ask about since I'm not animating enemies, if I should just do frontview.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    And now you know why even the biggest triple A games have reused animations andd reused/variations of enemies xD
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    General Discussion.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    ok then, thanks!
    my first game was "the chair game". It had you trying to dodge an enemy to get to the chair. he stalked you around the room. touch him and you'd explode. touch the chair and it'd moo... then you'd explode. my friend played it not knowing it was a joke... he wasn't happy.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    lol the thing is me and two other friends sat around with RPG Maker XP and made this... we left to get food and my other friend showed up while we were gone and one of the friend's who stayed behind let him in. he played with no explanation other than reach the chair XD
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Ah, so he brought it onto himself... Well that changes.... Nothing. You still evil :p
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Only means you have evil friends too xD
    inspired by the presentation of one of my favorite fighting games, Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter, the name of super moves appear if you KO the enemy with them. animated too...
    Aldu
    Aldu
    It looks great! However, I feel that the animation is too long, especially when the skill name is displayed. If you can't press the action key to skip the animation, you should consider speeding it up.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah I thought about that after seeing it a few times lol. I'll definitely speed it up to keep things flowing smoother.
    Mike doing is best tech... I wanna add to this, but that requires more drawing I guess lol.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    Are there any MV plugins that allow for more animation frames for SV battlers. I recently found Galv's plugins for overworld sprites to have more animation frames.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    Yeah there are. Yami's YED Sideview Battler is what I'm using here for my battlers to have more frames. though you'll need either a modded (which can be found on the forums) or a patch that can be found on other websites because the base plugin is really outdated.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    but it comes with some really cool features if you're using Action sequences from Yanfly, such as the ability to use custom motions. that's how my characters can dash towards enemies and then jump back to where they started.
    it's weird... I'm late to getting my first credit card. and what do I use for.. something that's like 5 bucks. when will I use it again? months from now most likely lol.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Smart. I have yet to actually use my first credit card, had it for seven years now, haven't had an emergency necessary of actually using it yet. Don't like being in debt, even for a day or so if I can help it.
    Featherbrain
    Featherbrain
    Credit cards are awesome. I use cash-back rewards cards on every purchase and pay off the statement balance every month so I never pay a cent in interest. Au contraire, I effectively get 1-3% off every purchase in cash back rewards, and my credit score rises too.
    Tanarex
    Tanarex
    You can use it for everything. Paying with cash or check is a thing of the past. No one wants to wait behind you as you try to find exact change or write a check. I've only seen little old ladies doing that. Most currency only exists electrically. With covid-19 still around it's best used for online shopping. It Helps keeps you and other people safe.
    I need to find it so I can post it, but my main character is on a t-shirt thanks to my older brother. him and his wife took a pic I drew and put it on a shirt lol. Panic Attack has merch haha.
    knowing what makes gauges operate is pretty cool. with that knowledge and SRDude's hud maker... I have Yanfly's absorption gauges visible in battle.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    Yeah I could prolly guess the filter lol But as for your art it has this 90's quality to it which i really like. It has more of a 90's cartoon feel then an 80's comicbook feel to it for me but i still like it xD
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    ahh ok. hmm I never thought about it like that, that it looked like 90's cartoons. not that that's a bad thing. I feel in that case, I'll lean in that direction as best as possible since it's working.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    just keep doing what you are doing as that is what works xD
    ... so here's my main characters running around inside "Headspace", a place people use as a safe place away from anxious/panic related thinking.
    when someone doesn't understand that fighting games of any kind have similar bases but the mechanics differ from game to game. Melee and Ultimate are very different games built on the same base.
    so a plugin that was notorious for tanking framerates... no longer tanks framerates when you update your internal files. pixi 4.5.4 was NOT having it. but now that I'm up to 5.3.0 my game runs AMAZINGLY.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    all of my yanfly stuff works so far.
    DarkSearinox92
    DarkSearinox92
    really? all? o.o Because every time that there was a pixi update, i see lot of rpg maker core changes, and even from yanfly with his scripts....
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    all the stuff I use from him is working so far. I've only had issues with plugins that relate to pixi itself. other than that every plugin I use more or less works the same. I don't use every yanfly plugin tho, so there could be some that don't work... but all the ones I do use seem fine.
    I'm in a weird position... UI or performance. I updated some stuff but it makes what I used to update my UI not work. BUT, the performance boost is SUPER noticeable. I'm not sure what to do...
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    If it just cosmetic (like particle effect which burdening the performance and has no reason to stay other than just cosmetic), then I would prefer performance over cosmetic.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    It was the battle status window basically. I had custom hp gauges amongst other things. It actually wasn't affecting performance. I can't get the plugin to work with my other internal files updated. otherwise I'd keep it most likely. my performance though is so much better now that I don't think it's worth sacrificing that just so I can use one plugin.
    Reactions: Nenen
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What a stupid week so far! I was really short on sleep yesterday thanks to my back hurting and not falling asleep fast enough, now today I am 2 hours late for work because my damn alarm clock changed from the alarm setting, to the radio setting which I always keep muted.
I introduced "booby trap" as another indirect way to fight supernatural threats in the game.
But, some of my players are using it to blow up random citizens on the street.
Not sure how "creative" they can go with it. :kaojoy:
Oh, boy. I'm now having dreams about Unity.
i want to make videogame, though i am burned out on games with RPG elements, but the only gamedev tool i know how to use is rpg maker. :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokeldoggz