zerobeat032
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• it seems I can only do one of my talents at a time. stopped drawing for years to make music. now it's the exact opposite. drawing in front.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    You have to specialize or you'll be a jack of all trades, master of none.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    you've got quite the point. and my art has never been better as a result of one thing at a time.
    SmashArtist
    SmashArtist
    Looking nice, I like the stylization!
    One thing I think needs attention is the fact that the background makes it hard to see the turn HUD and the SV Battlers.
    Maybe with the animation it looks fine tho.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah I've debated on how to filter the background because you're right lol, it is hard to see stuff. I'm probably going to turn down the filter on backgrounds for that purpose. especially since I purposely want battlers to pop.
    through the powers of QTE's and my love of fighting games, I effectively created a bard who puts in cheat codes instead of singing... lol
    I've learned a ton of little things about rpg maker mv in the last few weeks/month... and I'd like to make a video about some of it. hmm...
    I'm thinking about uploading some of my action sequences for mv to youtube... but first I need to figure out how to get rid of some lag...
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Oh MV and it's lag XD I know this is obvious, but during capture close EVERYTHING that isn't MV or your capture software. Make sure you don't have any system events like updates in waiting. Good luck, hope to see the video soon!
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    crazy thing is... there was NO lag actually recording it. but every time I recorded the action sequence, there was lag in the video for some reason. and I kept recording it, because during gameplay it seemed fine, but every video had a bit of a hiccup on a certain part. MV.. thanks lol
    I get it... people want certain battle systems for maker engines... but they usually aren't realistic about it at all. and for free... bruh
    Reactions: FleshToDust
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Listen, some of us just want to make OctoFinalChronoStardewPlatformTacticsABS for free. Is that so wrong? I suppose you'll be expecting people to pay for custom graphics next. ;)
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I remember a few years ago when one coder posted how much it would cost to make a custom engine. It was over $1000.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I remember someone saying it'd be about that much to do the Final Fantasy 13 system. or at least high hundreds. and to me... that's understandable. honestly the only thing I can't do in my battle system that I wouldn't mind being able to do is oddly something like Final Fantasy 13 and change classes at on whim. tho I feel through common events you could do that anyway. but with actual menu representation.
    didn't even feel like going through all my content.... just told Youtube, "nope kids ain't welcome here..."
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I did the same
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I realized I had less stuff kids could watch than I first figured so this works out anyway. I'm not sure how they feel in particular about most fighting games but I didn't even wanna take that chance. and most of my channel was uploads of matches from fighting games.
    after seeing Giorno's speech to Bruno... I'm finally sold on his character. tho... I still don't think I'll like it as much as part 4
    Reactions: Marsigne
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    I really enjoyed the first 3 parts. I didn't enjoy 4 as much because Jotaro was a cameo character but the villain in 4 was I think the best the series ever had. I don't know what happened between 4 and 5 but he lost his fruit loops after that.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I actually like Jotaro more in part 4 for some reason. maybe because he's a bit less... something than he was in part 3. I oddly noticed none of friends liked him until towards the end of part 3. he had to grow on all of us. Kira was amazing tho. which might be why I like part 4 so much. part 5 tho... it's weird, even part 6 doesn't seem AS wacky.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    He's more of a thinker in part 4 but he's only got like 20 minutes of screen time through all of part 4. I didn't like him at the beginning of part 3 either. Especially how rude he was to his mother. I liked kira a lot as a villain. He was evil and they didn't try to make him grey. He's a psychopath and you see how whacky they think and dont try to justify stuff.
    as I figured... Terry is MAD fun in smash... and then I find out my online has expired lol. right when I finally get back to smash. grief...
    and it was today that learned, if you make certain stuff happen in a state, you can call it in an action sequence.. this blew my mind
    ya know what wish could've gotten more of... tips and tricks type stuff that yanfly was doing. those were SUPER helpful. farewell Yanfly
    Shaz
    Shaz
    those comics were awesome!
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah they really were I'd say. it's little stuff like that, that just seemed pretty cool to me in general. I need to look at those again. I'd almost forgotten about them.
    for those who don't know... RPGMaker Humble Bundle is on right now.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    If you need even 3 of the items past $50 you are more than likely still saving money. Or if you need MV, $50 for MV is better than $79.99.
    PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    Oh absolutely. When I say $50 is a bit much, I mean that as "I dont have $50". Its a great deal. But not something I'm able to take advantage of
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    Yeah, I have enough of the stuff from the last time they did this that I personally don't need much now myself. but I figured I'd spread the word for those who might have the cash to spare. the $50 and up is pretty good if you can afford it of course. like bgillisp said it's easily saving you depending on what you need from it.
    my game is based on a comic book idea I had a long time ago (I'm old). and I just figured out how to make my assets appear comic book like.
    Terry Bogard in Smash!... as a fighting gamer. this is excellent news. as a Metal Slug fan, I'm a bit saddened lol...
    Reactions: definite_lee
    definite_lee
    definite_lee
    man Terry Bogard was one of my favorite fighting game characters as a kid. So I screamed when I saw him revealed today.
    definite_lee
    definite_lee
    but it made me sad to see all the kids in the Nintendo Direct stream chatroom say "WHO?" when he was revealed over and over again. SNK needs to step it up to reach this generation!
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah I realized something... if you didn't play fighting games at a certain and/or under a certain age... you have no idea what SNK is, let alone Terry... and that sucks. I've been playing fatal fury since I was 9 back in 95 and it's existed since 91. but I get if you were born after 96... it's kind of a wrap. Terry was only in King of Fighter's games after 99. SNK DOES need to step it up, and here's their chance!
    the more motions I make, the cooler my battles seem to look. shame I'm not animator and they're all one frame stills lol.
    I'm no animator and I thought using 1 frame per motion would hurt... but things actually look decent so far. especially with custom motions.
    I hate when something stumps me and I feel the answer is literally staring me in the face... yet I still can't figure it out.
    when you look back at VX Ace scripts and realize the sheer amount of scripts for oddities you didn't think you'd want a script for...
    so I'm making all of my own assets, and it's going ok... except for battle animations. bad at drawing them and I suck with programs for it.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Animations can be very difficult. There are some programs to help with this but it can still be a challenge. You might try graphics gale. Its free and it helps you create a sprite sheet.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah I've got a few programs that might help. hopefully I get better at drawing them like I have with characters and backgrounds. the particle programs seem harder to use and I can't find a ton of tutorials for the 2 that I use.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Took the kids to a corn maze. They gave us a map and had lights at certain points in the maze. Not overwhelming... or underwhelming... just... whelming.
Okay, vacuuming fruit flies out of the air is surprisingly effective.
Finally finished my menu redesign after like a month of coding! I hate designing menus... Good news though - I thought of a complete redesign for it now, so yay...
Still no scam calls all day... also I got a quick gig designing a mascot drawing for a small business, so I might actually make some green of my own after all. That would be a perfect job for me, since I love art and digital design.
Job concerns. Love where I work, but I have severe anxiety while I'm outside at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANXS8