zerobeat032
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• after seeing Giorno's speech to Bruno... I'm finally sold on his character. tho... I still don't think I'll like it as much as part 4
    Reactions: Marsigne
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    I really enjoyed the first 3 parts. I didn't enjoy 4 as much because Jotaro was a cameo character but the villain in 4 was I think the best the series ever had. I don't know what happened between 4 and 5 but he lost his fruit loops after that.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I actually like Jotaro more in part 4 for some reason. maybe because he's a bit less... something than he was in part 3. I oddly noticed none of friends liked him until towards the end of part 3. he had to grow on all of us. Kira was amazing tho. which might be why I like part 4 so much. part 5 tho... it's weird, even part 6 doesn't seem AS wacky.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    He's more of a thinker in part 4 but he's only got like 20 minutes of screen time through all of part 4. I didn't like him at the beginning of part 3 either. Especially how rude he was to his mother. I liked kira a lot as a villain. He was evil and they didn't try to make him grey. He's a psychopath and you see how whacky they think and dont try to justify stuff.
    as I figured... Terry is MAD fun in smash... and then I find out my online has expired lol. right when I finally get back to smash. grief...
    and it was today that learned, if you make certain stuff happen in a state, you can call it in an action sequence.. this blew my mind
    ya know what wish could've gotten more of... tips and tricks type stuff that yanfly was doing. those were SUPER helpful. farewell Yanfly
    Shaz
    Shaz
    those comics were awesome!
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah they really were I'd say. it's little stuff like that, that just seemed pretty cool to me in general. I need to look at those again. I'd almost forgotten about them.
    for those who don't know... RPGMaker Humble Bundle is on right now.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    If you need even 3 of the items past $50 you are more than likely still saving money. Or if you need MV, $50 for MV is better than $79.99.
    PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    Oh absolutely. When I say $50 is a bit much, I mean that as "I dont have $50". Its a great deal. But not something I'm able to take advantage of
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    Yeah, I have enough of the stuff from the last time they did this that I personally don't need much now myself. but I figured I'd spread the word for those who might have the cash to spare. the $50 and up is pretty good if you can afford it of course. like bgillisp said it's easily saving you depending on what you need from it.
    my game is based on a comic book idea I had a long time ago (I'm old). and I just figured out how to make my assets appear comic book like.
    Terry Bogard in Smash!... as a fighting gamer. this is excellent news. as a Metal Slug fan, I'm a bit saddened lol...
    Reactions: definite_lee
    definite_lee
    definite_lee
    man Terry Bogard was one of my favorite fighting game characters as a kid. So I screamed when I saw him revealed today.
    definite_lee
    definite_lee
    but it made me sad to see all the kids in the Nintendo Direct stream chatroom say "WHO?" when he was revealed over and over again. SNK needs to step it up to reach this generation!
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah I realized something... if you didn't play fighting games at a certain and/or under a certain age... you have no idea what SNK is, let alone Terry... and that sucks. I've been playing fatal fury since I was 9 back in 95 and it's existed since 91. but I get if you were born after 96... it's kind of a wrap. Terry was only in King of Fighter's games after 99. SNK DOES need to step it up, and here's their chance!
    the more motions I make, the cooler my battles seem to look. shame I'm not animator and they're all one frame stills lol.
    I'm no animator and I thought using 1 frame per motion would hurt... but things actually look decent so far. especially with custom motions.
    I hate when something stumps me and I feel the answer is literally staring me in the face... yet I still can't figure it out.
    when you look back at VX Ace scripts and realize the sheer amount of scripts for oddities you didn't think you'd want a script for...
    so I'm making all of my own assets, and it's going ok... except for battle animations. bad at drawing them and I suck with programs for it.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    Animations can be very difficult. There are some programs to help with this but it can still be a challenge. You might try graphics gale. Its free and it helps you create a sprite sheet.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah I've got a few programs that might help. hopefully I get better at drawing them like I have with characters and backgrounds. the particle programs seem harder to use and I can't find a ton of tutorials for the 2 that I use.
    thanks to custom motions, I can have my characters look like they're dashing too and from foes. hence my current profile pic.
    Reactions: standardplayer
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Congrats :D Little details like that make a big difference in the overall presentation.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    that's how I felt about it. like I animated my slime enemies rolling to and from the actors during their attack phase and it was just something really neat about it.
    roblox oof... I'm having such a hard time deciding on finalizing character designs that represent what I want, but are easy to draw/animate
    is it weird that I send all my screenshots/art to my facebook messenger to get them easily on my phone without plugging up the phone...?
    lol drawing my character imitating a Metal Slug pose has been really fun... can wait to see it in game during victory screens.
    drew my first battleback today... and I'm mostly ok with how it turned out. I MIGHT redo it tho now that I have an idea of what to do.
    Reactions: Finnuval
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    I actually looked at one of the SF battlebacks for MV and drew it in my own style. the lines could be waaay straighter and the colors more varied, but it could look worse for a first attempt.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    well you can always post it somewhere on here (like the random art thread) to get some feedback if you want ;)
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    hmm that might be a good idea actually
    I can draw characters decently... but it's time to start researching battlebacks, tilesets, and animations... struggling with those lol
    SolonWise
    SolonWise
    I would love to have an arena battleback for my one map game. Maybe there is little free battlebacks on the internet... It may be a good idea to start there. :)
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    yeah, if I get to where I can't draw them myself, then I'll definitely be doing that. I could see that happening tho as I'm more of a character artist than anything else.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

modified at client's request
Looking at some classic RPG maps for inspiration... even Chip's Challenge maps for dungeons. It seems like towns might be more challenging on the visual side...

Upcoming boss. Messing around with the tint as it's in a drained sewer system.
Okay... This was an important decision. What to say. Happy autumn. :)

It seems opening MZ with the executable doesn't register it in steam. So on my steam account, it says I only used MZ for 5 hours lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsaacSkyder