zerobeat032
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• my game mostly deals with leaving your mark on the world. so that when you're gone, something you did WILL be remembered, for better or for worse. I guess saying I feel something about that topic would be an understatement.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Leaving your mark is overrated, no matter how good you may be the reality is once all those who knew you personally have passed away if you are remembered you will eventually be remembered only for the worst choices you've ever made, or for the general failings of society at the time you were alive regardless of how great your contributions might have been on the future or in eventually changing those failings.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Best case scenario you truly make a positive impact and all it gets you is millions of ahistorical idiots tearing down your legacy for their modern agenda in a pique of self-righteous fury. Focus on your true legacy, what you actually leave behind in the end, whether that be children, or just friends and family because that's the only way your memory will ever truly outlive you.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    those are good points I'd say. that was the kind of stuff I wanted to touch on in the game as far as the characters motivations go as well.
    this a weird year for me... I mostly hid inside and did gamedev. but on that note, I've gotten more done since this summer than I had since I started in 2019. here's to 2022 and me hopefully putting out a demo finally.
    sometimes I read the more heavy discussions on the forum and think to myself... I don't really know what I'm doing do I? lol... but I know my biggest 2 goals are to tell the story of Panic Attack (my game) and for it to be fun.
    Iron_Brew
    Iron_Brew
    Nobody knows what they're doing! At least not comprehensively, anyway :D

Everyone is learning at all times, so just give it your all and know that if you make any missteps the whole point of gamedev is iteration, and you can always make things better - if not on this project, then on the next :D Your game looks crazy good, and I'm hype to play it
    ericv00
    ericv00
    There are a half dozen distinct aspects of making a game, at least. I know what I am doing in a couple of them. Like most people, I am winging it on the rest.

I know your feels.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    that's true lol... it is a learning process and I feel I've learned a ton of the last almost 3 years of being serious about my game. but I'm definitely still learning lol. and thanks @Iron_Brew! I'm hoping to have a demo at some point next year.
    I need a better way to show that this only hits in front of the character, but otherwise this came out pretty well.
    this map I'm drawing... is gonna take at least another day or 2. it's probably too huge, but it'll be one of the explorable maps in an otherwise linear game.
    I've got some fixes to do, but this mostly seems to work. hit the enemies on the map to turn them around and go first in battle.
    been wanting to make maps, but I don't really know what I'm doing still lol. most of my maps are MV battlebacks redrawn in my style. it works, but I do want SOME areas you actually explore.
    when there's a LOT to do with your project, but after finishing one major thing, you're unsure what to tackle next... this is me after making a LOT of battle adjustments.
    skills now work differently in my game... you can use them all for no cost, or use the correct input to use MP but also get an EX bonus ie more damage, added elements, etc... and you get the EX popup now.
    I posted a short video of how stunning the enemy and/or parrying net you an extra turn. along with showing off a couple of different special attacks.
    it's wild how versatile action sequences are... I'm able to have a skill do 2 different sequences based whether the enemy is affected by certain states. and with the QTE plugin, I can even setup a parry/counter system on the enemy's attacks.
    FINALLY done will all of the main cast's sprites... here's all the main characters and other teams you'll face in the game (Sans secret bosses and whatnot). and thanks to Qsprite, I can use these same SV Battlers on the maps too.
    I wish more stuff worked with FOSSIL lol. some of my most important plugins don't so I don't really wanna move to MZ. and I don't have any money to replace the plugins I need lol.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    honestly, I keep putting it off because I'm kinda intimidated by it. I know how to do some stuff and I've even made minor fixes to plugins before, but that's where my knowledge ends unfortunately lol.
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    If a lot of your core mechanics dont work on the new engine and you cant efficiently replace them why move? Im staying in MV as plugin availability is the main reason :kaoswt2:
    MarxMayhem
    MarxMayhem
    I have learned how to deal with it, and hope someone made the functions I want from another engine.

(p.s. Still sad that Visustella MZ's Action Sequence has battler spinning but MV YEP's doesn't. orz)
    since all my maps are hand drawn... I admit, I super envy those who can make the tileset's work. I'm garbage at mapping, but slightly less bad at just drawing my own areas. plus it's easier to draw my own sprites than edit others to look like my characters.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh my, couldn't give my take on obfuscation subject (with my own plugins I tried to obsfucate with mixed results), topic was closed too fast, while I was still reading, hahaha. Well, back to my code I go
Spent all day writing code, only for it to result in an endless loop...sigh.:kaosigh:
So um what is the deal with rpgmakerofficial.com ,why are there two rpg maker websites now? Is it any different from the current one rpgmakerweb.com??
ScreenShot_7_1_2022_11_41_55.png
When the Panic gauge is full, Mike will turn into Omar in a state of actual panic. his move list changes and until the meter depletes completely, he'll be able make use of this alter ego.
So unbelievably excited for IGMC this year! First public game was for the original one and I'm just so pumped!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MercyTales