zerobeat032
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• doesn't it suck when you need to let go of a really good plugin/script...? the reason for this one was too much lag with it... 
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    i've done just that Shaz lol. i omitted some addon's with the plugin that i didn't need due to the nature of my games appearance. it's a bit less laggy now. considering it's a Yanfly plugin, i'm sure it's gotta be super optimized. i'm honestly not sure what was causing lag for me during battles. and even weirder was the lag would drop a lot without the plugin. but seeing as it's the Battle Core Engine, i needed it for at LEAST the Hp bars and definitely the CTB lol.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Are other people commenting about lag?  It could be that it's conflicting with something else you've got installed, or maybe you need to tweak some of the settings.  I'd post in Yanfly's thread asking for help before considering ditching it.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    i did actually post a day or so ago. i don't "think" anyone is dealing with it. i searched the word lag and found nothing other than what i'd posted. i THOUGHT it might just have been my laptop, but again, with the plugin off... much of the lag went away. i'll look further into it to see if it is a conflict of plugins though. though, without the action sequences, it's not as bad. with me hand drawing static battlers i figured it'd look odd if they did a ton of moving lol
    new font made just for the game... it's all hand written cept the symbols. it'll fit the more comic book-esque vibe.

View attachment 37576
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    thanks. it was actually a bit of a hassle lol. had to handwrite each letter and number and then import them to a font creator.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    But got the effect you wanted so I am sure it was worth it.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    definitely! oddly enough it reminds me of the font in the old Simpsons arcade game from Konami lol. but yeah, i'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.
    this took the last 2 and a half days... TOTALLY WORTH IT. it's nowhere near perfect and i need to see if a MV plugin exist to add more frames... but for now, i really like that i redid this.

View attachment 34683
    Reactions: 1 person
    Nirwanda
    Nirwanda
    Looks pretty cool. Congratulations, savor the fruits of your hard work ;)
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    thanks! that means a lot. it took quite a few hours to get this to this point. i've got plenty more to draw though... such as action stances, victory, hurt, dead, etc lol. but i'm looking forward to it!
    Nirwanda
    Nirwanda
    Well, it looks pretty cool already, in my humble opinion.
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    thanks! i like it too, but i know it can be better. mainly gonna adjust some things and mainly get my colors to look better.
    very close to finishing my fighter class... tho, i need to figure out how to apply a var. to individuals... argh lol.
    loving this combo system i came up with for my game... but i need to balance the tp for it better.
    composing all the songs myself is a challenge... might see if i can get assistance on some songs. especially ones that need more of a traditional RPG sound.
    Like Kingdom Hearts, each world in my game pays homage (at least musically) to a favorite gaming franchise of mine. So far there's 7 worlds... Sega, Nintendo, Capcom, SNk, Metal Gear, and um... hmm need more lol
    Silent Darkness
    Silent Darkness
    ^

Sonic, Metroid, Mega Man, .........dunno what SNK is, Metal Gear.

That would be more accurate.
    Chester
    Chester
    lol....meow
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    eh, well i meant to list the franchises, buuut i realized for the first 4 i couldn't pick just one. THOUGH if i am, Sonic, Earthbound, Street Fighter, King of Fighters, and lastly Metal Gear...
    My mapping still is bleh. sooo, today i'm gonna make a battle theme and then practice mapping..
    making more music for my game today. since each location favors a favorite franchise of mine, i think today will be Earthbound/Mother music...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Trying to create a diagonal sprite, by following through GrandmaDeb's tutorial here.
(Basically, cutting up and resizing parts from the down and left version of the sprite.) :LZScheeze:

I've been reworking some old sketches, there's definitely a change on the artwork :kaopride:

Drawing a character who fight with his dog in battle is an interesting yet difficult affair. :D
Trying to get my good habits back again after this year... I need to go back to the gym, but Brazil is still in a bad situation of Covid-19, so I will try to work out at home! :D
I need to become a better battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RPG_Girl