Zortik
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It feels really good when you help other people.

Now if only I could get past feeling really bad when I have to disagree or say no XD.
    My daughter had some waffles, so naturally her hands were very sticky. As I'm getting some paper towels wet to clean her up I hear from the dining room "I'm spider man!" As she's sticking her hands together and pulling them apart.
    <3
    It's bittersweet when you recognize something isn't working or as good as it can be. Then move on to doing it all over again so that it fits your vision more closely.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    I did that quite a bit in the past, with art, games etc. Now I continue on to see my finished product first. How long would it take you to finish the project vs staring from scratch? Is it possible to create a better version later after finishing? 
    Zortik
    Zortik
    For me there will be no abandonment. I've been trying to course correct / bandaid the opening to my scene for the past month and have repeatedly ended up with a product that I felt was rushed, lack luster or bloated.

So, in favor of creating a better opening I am scrapping the maps/events/dialogue/etc. It would be less work to just make new maps and new events :)

I'll have lost about 30-40 hours of work. But I should be able to make that ground up pretty quickly.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    That's a good plan. Now if we just get the Squareenix and the other big name developers to understand not to rush their games. XD
    Once again, the lyrics of the beastie boys resonate within me as I drink my sugar-milk with coffee.
    UNphiltered_khaos
    UNphiltered_khaos
    Mmmm.... I like my sugar with a little milk and tea. Such a rad song...
    Haha, my daughter just ran out of the room during the iconic dumbo scene yelling "scary". Can't blame her (It's the elephants on parade scene)
    Alkorri
    Alkorri
    I've never seen Brave. I should have because I was in Scotland at the time!
    Shaz
    Shaz
    ugh - that scene is just really creepy.
    Hollow 1977
    Hollow 1977
    When I was about 7 my parents took me and my brother to see ghost busters. I had never been so scared. Sat face down in lap through the remainder of the film after the Library scene.
    Watching Toriko makes me so hungry  -_-;;
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    XD I remember my bro saying the same thing when he was watching the anime xD
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Ah, Toriko, the world where gluttony is a good thing!  I enjoyed that show a lot.  I used to always make sure I was eating dinner when watching a new episode, but then I'd always end up unsatisfied with my plain and boring food.
    Zortik
    Zortik
    @Sharm
    I totally understand that sentiment. Now if only I could find that food that makes me level up...
    Watching someone play your game is nerve wracking. All the emotions are enhanced by like 11.
    Reactions: 2 people
    Alkorri
    Alkorri
    I'll say! Especially if that person is Indrah ;)
    Clydous
    Clydous
    I happen to disagree. I love watching others play my games! As long as the logic behind their opinion is sound (regardless of what that opinion might be), I like watching/hearing the surprise in their eyes/voices. If it's not good, then it's simply a sign that I must still improve (and let's be honest...we must always strive to improve!). But if they think it's great, I am humbled.

And I'm always annoyed by approval/disapproval without any reason (i.e. "It's good. Nice job." or "It sucks. You're ugly." D: )
    Zortik
    Zortik
    @Alkorri haha, i've never had the pleasure of experiencing that.

@Clydous That's cool that you can keep a level head. I too appreciate sound criticism/acknowledgements but it doesn't impact how I feel when someone else is engaging with something I've made. Maybe it gets easier the more often you do it, or maybe it's just who I am :)
    It's an adrenaline rush either way!
    So, we're going to get a toddler bed for my daughter. My wife and I instantly agreed on this.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Best bed ever!
    You are the best. Thank you for the advice and resources.
    Zortik
    Zortik
    No problem!

I hope it helps out, and if you get stuck again (or just need some more advice) try and find some completed scripts in the forums that pertain to movements and events. Worst case scenario you could try and PM those authors and see if they have the time to lend a hand.

Good luck!
    New forum is shaping up nicely. Good job so far, and best of luck going forward to the web staff :)

Now to start tweaking those settings and following people/topics.
    No decision made on the job opportunity yet. New time frame on a response is "this week". Now to balance the 'keeping in touch so you remember me while interviewing other candidates' game :3
    Zortik
    Zortik
    You got it. It's a hard difficulty setting and the RNG is awful.
    Sinweaver
    Sinweaver
    when is RNG not awful? ._.
    Zortik
    Zortik
    Haha, I think the only time it's not awful it when you get to strut around cause it worked in your favor ^^
    Interviews are so stressful and exhausting. I've been competing for a high position for the past two weeks, in the final consideration for the role. They will make a decision some time this week on who they want.
    Zortik
    Zortik
    Thanks! I'll be sure to post a new status one way or the other once they let me know ^^
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    I suggest hiring Assassins. They always get the job done and you might meet a Ninja.

Or you could try Bribery .
    ♥ azura ♥
    ♥ azura ♥
    Good luck~ The "multiple interviews" game is so awful.
    Bluh, customizing skill animations has ground my motivation into the ground. I'm never satisfied with how it looks.
    Zortik
    Zortik
    Yeah, the sound just adds in another depth to figure out. The main issue for me is whether it's too much, or too little graphically and if it looks like a squiggly mess or not.
    Euphony
    Euphony
    Animations are definitely a pain, especially if you use weapons and elements that aren't covered by the default database. @_@
    Zortik
    Zortik
    @Euphony

So very true. It's daunting to say the least.
    I should be all finished with setting up the HUD for The Second Act by tomorrow. After that, I'll be working on skill animations... which take me forever ;_;
    UNphiltered_khaos
    UNphiltered_khaos
    Very nice! Coming along pretty quickly, eh?

Do you do custom animations?
    Zortik
    Zortik
    I make my own sequence using the art on hand. I don't draw my own though. That would look baaaaad ^^
    Nice, got my project thread approved and also a big thanks to Clydous for the feedback earlier ^^. Now to get working on this database.
    Working on the content that'll go into my Project Development thread. If any kind souls want a preview to let me know if they like it, please PM me. Otherwise (*cough* PhilteredKhaos *cough*) I'll make my deadline of submitting it by tonight :)
    Clydous
    Clydous
    I'd like to go over it, but with the New Year fast approaching and preparations for it underway, I won't be able to do so for today or tomorrow. =\
    Zortik
    Zortik
    Thanks, Clydous. I'll PM it to you anyhow. It's only 11:38 AM here, so I've got a healthy amount of time before I'll be submitting this.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stress testing my latest version of the game with my new madness engine. :LZSexcite:

Hello, where can I find the list of all watched threads? I've been using the Watch function to save the Threads I want to keep but I don't find the list anywhere....

New card design, thanks to all my free time quarantined. (Hope that's not too big of an image XD )
What do you do when you're your family's resident computer 'expert'...but you are anything but a computer expert?
I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To make a game is my real test. To play it is my cause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuzen