zzmmorgan
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So now my tinkering with tilesets has me deciding how to handle a map that already was a jumble of tileset stuff and I need to tie it into the bordering map somehow. Obviously the tilesets need to be organised for the whole game from the start......
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    Actually I've played with doodads some. The only real drawback is having to go into play mode to actually see them.
    Basically what I'm doing at the moment is deciding on what I want all the maps to truly look like. I'm also learning exactly how the autotiles work so I can successfully make my own. I've played with autotiles in the Godot engine so I'm starting out with a bit more knowledge than most RMMV beginners :)
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Not being able to see doodads is a big problem. so I paste the doodads onto a mapshot of the map and plan the layout. Then I export this image as a big doodad so I know where to put in the separate doodads XD A lot of work.
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    Yeah no matter what it's quite a bit of work. I keep looking at options to just use a parallax map then setup regions or something for the walls and such.
    Sitting at the computer for nearly an hour when I suddenly realized I didn't smell coffee because I had neglected to make it.........
    • Sad
    Reactions: Elliott404
    Sigony
    Quexp
    Quexp
    For me, it's forgetting about it after reheating it in the microwave.

EDIT: I think I'll have a cup today.
    I love how the instructions on an asthma inhaler is hold your breath for 10 seconds after inhaling the med. If I could hold my breath that long I wouldn't need the inhaler....
    I think I've made about 30 NPCs today and realizing this game is probably going to contain a total of over 200........ Yay @Schlangan and his generator :) And everyone who's made parts.
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    While quite a few do have personalities there are some that are mostly just scene fillers and have a single face image for what little conversation they have. But there are various things the player does where even the chickens react.........
    Sigony
    Sigony
    @Dalph, many games just re-use sprites for different characters: like Disgaea, or Pokemon.
    Reactions: Dalph
    zzmmorgan
    zzmmorgan
    I currently have 10 NPCs that will sort of be floaters and you'll see them most often at the 4 Inns currently in the world. I also have one NPC from an early experiment that you get to watch leave the bar then head out of town and disappear that might show up somewhere eventually.
    Reactions: Dalph
    Just for the record I have greatly enjoyed the past couple months of using RPG Maker MV - enough that I went ahead and bought MZ although it's going to be a bit before I seriously start a project with that.
    I have a pretty reasonable alpha of one game that's got roughly 4 hours of content and some bits and pieces of others after only about 300 hours total time and about 2 1/2 months of owning RPG Maker.....
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

There are only a few days left in our Spooktober Spooktacular Game Jam! Hope you are working hard to get your game in!
Where do i have to play Heisei Pistol Show the same creator that made Re: Kinder Parun
I really get the feeling I should be doing regular YouTube videos whenever I make something cool in my game, instead of waiting for massive changes. But not going to lie... I always feel like it's never quite enough to merit an update, until it's a drastic change. :kaoswt:
Going to submit to this game jam...struggling with the time crunch...
Have to keep compromising...
Just released a new OST for my game and a new place to purchase it!

Ah, things to do when you finish a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memucan