Comments on Profile Post by Parallax Panda

1. Mrs_Allykat
    Mrs_Allykat
    Degica isn't the publisher, so I doubt it would be here.
    Jul 25, 2018
  2. Kes
    Kes
    That's right. As it's not published by Degica, they could provide no support for it. You'd have to go to the publisher's site (NIV?)
    Jul 25, 2018
    Parallax Panda likes this.
  3. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    Aha, I was wondering if it Degica was involved or not. Well, I guess that's bad news for anyone interested since it'll probably limit the support the engine gets from the talented community on this site.
    I suspect there might not be that many plugins made for, unlike what we have for RPGmaker.
    Jul 25, 2018
  4. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    We will have fan-forum for that if it's going to be popular though.
    Jul 25, 2018
  5. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    Jul 25, 2018
  6. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Somewhere, not in this site. An independent unofficial forum like rmcentral or so.
    Jul 25, 2018
  7. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    Ah, I though so. Well there'll be a forum somewhere for sure. But if it's not on this forum, I think less talented plugin makers that hang out here will end up making stuff for it.

And just like RPGmaker MV, I'd say the quality of the plugins makes or breaks the engine. And just like VNmaker is lacking in that aspect, I suspect this engine will too. And VN maker is actually on this forum.
    Jul 25, 2018
  8. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    is rmmv forum really that bad? TIL. rmvxa dot net (now known as rmcentral) wasn't that bad. Although it is quiet compared to this site.
    Jul 25, 2018
  9. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    Well, I'm not saying they're BAD (I wouldn't know). But this here is THE RM-forum for sure, and I have a feeling that all of the plugin creators don't have memberships or bother much with other sites as much? And the same probably goes for people who makes other resources. This here really is the best place in my opinion.
    Jul 25, 2018
  10. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Maybe, yes. I started to active on forum at 2013 which one year after this site is running. But before that, we have pretty much RM forums like vx dot net, RRR, save-point dot org, and many more. And some people said vx dot net was nice forum for VX user, until VXA released, and this forum is founded.
    Jul 25, 2018
  11. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I'm saying even without official forum, the RM community was still staying strong and kept being creative. It just even nicer to have everything centralized though.
    Jul 25, 2018
  12. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    And maybe that will do the same to PGMMV community, as long as people are endorsing it much.
    Jul 25, 2018
  13. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    I believe this Pixel Maker MV engine needs a lot more support and exposure to stand a chance in the market though. Because unlike RPG maker, which has it's niche corner of the game engine market locked down, PGmaker is advertised as (just another) 2D game engine.
    Jul 25, 2018
  14. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    It might succeed in converting a few RM fans (including resource creators), but I doubt it will be many and there would probably have been more if the engine was put under Degica's spotlight. I think this engine will really struggle just like (I think) IG maker did.
    Jul 25, 2018
  15. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Yeah to be fair RM already quite old that it has its own fame already. Maybe that's also why.

As long as PGM has convenient UI and feature, I believe it will sell well though. I tried IG Maker, and my opinion, it wasn't worth the hassle. No wonder why no ppl use it.
    Jul 25, 2018
  16. TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Also granted, idk how are PGM rivals like construct, GM, and 2D kits in Unity (that also claimed no need scripting to make 2D platformer) works. But still, in the end which one that able to make the tool quite convenient, it's the one that will win.
    Jul 25, 2018
  17. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    True. I’d say that Game Maker has the upper hand for now when it comes to 2D engines where there is ”no programming needed”. Hard to say if Pixel Game Maker can trumf the GM brand which have been in the market for years. We’ll have to wait and see, but I’m doubtful.
    Jul 26, 2018
  18. Marquise*
    Marquise*
    I guess they will pass alpha first before getting messages. Hopefully :3
    Jul 28, 2018