Comments on Profile Post by Touchfuzzy

1. Alkemical
    Alkemical
    That depends: Is it magical realm-tier stuff, or just genres?
    Jul 28, 2018
  2. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    I'm a huge fan of mecha. Two of my players don't even like sci-fi at all, and none of them have the attachment to mecha stories that I do.
    Jul 28, 2018
    Alkemical likes this.
  3. Vance Raehart
    Vance Raehart
    That’s kind of the problem nowadays, finding friends that really enjoy stuff with you. Same thing about music concerts. I wanted to go to a slayer concert this year and my friends are sissy boys and backed out, I thought I knew them...
    Jul 28, 2018
    Alkemical likes this.
  4. Alkemical
    Alkemical
    Well, you can very, very easily drop mecha onto magical settings via magitek. There's even a giant mechanical crab in D&D(3.5) that you can pilot if you can afford it and have a friend to man the weapons system, or 4 gnomes with no sense of right and wrong.
    Jul 28, 2018
  5. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Oh, I've thought of doing something Escaflowne-esque. But I'd really like to run something more like straight up Gundam, with O'Niel cylinder colonies, and realistic space travel times, etc.
    Jul 28, 2018
  6. Alkemical
    Alkemical
    Perhaps Starfinder or SpellJammer have what you're looking for. They're essentially D&D, BUT IN SPAAAAAAAAACEEEEEEEE!!!
    Jul 28, 2018
  7. Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Spelljammer I'm a huge fan of, but it is so far into the ridiculousness it pretty much isn't Sci-fi at all anymore it is just fantasy in space. Starfinder is pretty neat, I have the first few rulebooks and the first half of the first adventure path.
    Jul 28, 2018
    Alkemical likes this.
  8. Alkemical
    Alkemical
    Then I say go for it. Tell them it's gonna be just a regular PF game, let them get comfortable, and then bam, zoom, straight to the moon, suckers!
    Jul 28, 2018
  9. Vance Raehart
    Vance Raehart
    Honestly i think i prefer ttrpgs rather than rpgs because it’s easier to make a character based off a your persona or someone or something you’re really not. Immersion with character is all that matters the me. I care somewhat little of story and very little about graphics, that’s why Im very picky and what I play and what I do with my time
    Jul 28, 2018