Comments on Profile Post by Robin

1. Sailerius
    Sailerius
    How exactly do you accomplish that?
    Dec 20, 2012
  2. Robin
    Robin
    Well, I had towns and areas the party had to pass through, but they don't always have the strongest tie into the main story, and I don't want to settle for them being filler. But yeah, It's hard to explain what exactly I'll be doing... I suppose I'll have to figure that out.
    Dec 20, 2012
  3. Sailerius
    Sailerius
    Word of advice. I was intending to do that originally with Act I of Vacant Sky. I would advise cutting out towns and areas that don't serve a major purpose, because 1) making them is a lot of work and 2) if they aren't important, you'll end up being less passionate about them and it'll show in the quality.
    Dec 20, 2012
  4. Robin
    Robin
    Yeah, I'm not totally against cutting things, but I do want to fight for them first. There are a number of areas that are really 50/50 on if they'll be included. Although my world isn't set in stone, there is still the issue of getting the characters from A to B, so sometimes it will come down to "which route can they take that is the most interesting".
    Dec 20, 2012
  5. Robin
    Robin
    Additionally with all of this, I'm still going to make an effort to ensure that as many places as possible serve a major purpose. But yeah, I'm prepared to cut towns and areas as needed... before I map them, hopefully.
    Dec 20, 2012