RPG Maker Forums

Matseb2611
Matseb2611
For those who don't know, those are parts of our psyche according to Carl Jung (a famous psychologist).
Finnuval
Finnuval
I like it!
Marsigne
Marsigne
Cool! Is there a test on those? :p
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
I am not sure if there is a test on those. I wonder what kind of criteria it would test for though. There are certain signs you can watch out for though in yourself or in others to see how developed a person's psyche is. The end goal is to integrate all those parts into 'self' to make a whole, rather than to have them as separate detached pieces.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Shadow and Anima/Animus are our subconscious parts and they influence a lot of our behaviours and outlook without us realising it. If we do not embrace and develop them, then they will continue to be the wild beasts that are out of our control. And with Persona, well, we have to be careful not to become it for the risk of losing our personal identity. Persona is just a social mask in the end of the day.
Marsigne
Marsigne
I thought about a test which would check if each of them is healthy, and if they are, they would be assumed to be embracing each other. The hard part would be to figure out how each pattern relates to another to create the whole, and create a test based on such findings. It would be interesting to take such test, though. :)
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Yeah, no doubt. Although one problem I see is that as a self-assessment, it'd be very hard to be able to accurately judge these aspects of our psyche, especially the Shadow and the Anima/Animus because of them being more subconscious. Most people will have an erroneous perception of their own Shadow and Anima(us). It'd be better to have a psychologist test us. :p
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Marsigne
Marsigne
Hmm, sounds like the different cognition links from brain gender differences (female is interrelated, male is compartmentalized). I think mine is well developed on that part, but then I find myself fighting other people's animus/anima. :p
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Oh, you often would, and the bad news is that when you fight another person's underdeveloped anima/animus, it could mess up your own too. This is especially noticeable in husband-wife connections where one of them has anima/animus in a primitive stage.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
And it all starts in young years from relations with our parents. Boys who haven't been close enough with their mother or didn't receive enough love from her will have problems with anima development and this will affect their romantic relationships with women. The same is also true for girls and relations with their dad.
Marsigne
Marsigne
I've noticed the consequences at times, though nowadays I've found out my own solutions for dealing with it. One of them is to bridge communication differences by mimicking behavior (on a deeper stage, communicating with the cognitive function they use also helps). This is not ideal in the long-run, but I've found that it works in the short run while the person makes the effort in developing their weak area.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611
Yeah, it can work via the "fake it till you make it" method too, to some degree. Self-awareness helps a lot. If you realise what's causing the problem and you put effort into trying to understand the other person, then you're moving forward.
Marquise*
Marquise*
Weird I define creation in art as, Materia, Mana and Anima.
Matseb2611
Matseb2611

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can the Eternal Dreamers finish off the final boss? We'll see!
Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mcnlivescore