What's your game about?
    Aug 19, 2018
  2. Poryg
    Poryg
    Sorry to hear that :(
    Aug 19, 2018
  3. The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Or, you can distribute them for free and simply offer the option of a donation. Not sure if Steam allows you to do this, but other gaming sites do.
    Aug 19, 2018
    SpaceBot and FleshToDust like this.
  4. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    @Poryg : It's because of how dilluted Steam is. I've heard of many a developer (not just RPGMaker devs) who has not even sold 1,000 copies on Steam now.
    Aug 19, 2018
  5. Labyrinthine
  6. Labyrinthine
    Labyrinthine
    @bgillisp I have sold just a bit more than 1000 copies so here's one too. I think it's because the market exploded and Steam is now flooding with games made in 2 weeks just for cash.
    Aug 19, 2018
  7. Labyrinthine
    Labyrinthine
    The game also have zero coverage outside of Steam, despite being well-received by everyone who actually played it through.
    Aug 19, 2018
  8. Labyrinthine
    Labyrinthine
    Besides, I don't like the way Steam advertises its games. The games that are already popular gain a lot more coverage. In other words, if you're already a millionare because of your game, they'll make sure you'll get even more money. In the mean time us poor developers won't be getting any buyers for the sole reason no one even knows our games exist, because they barely ever get any visibility.
    Aug 19, 2018
  9. Labyrinthine
    Labyrinthine
    What I mean is, if the game is already popular, people will find it no matter how much space it gets on the front page.
    Aug 19, 2018