RPG Maker Forums

Otto
Otto
I know it's not the same thing but... I remember this 2008 game called Braid, where at first it appears that you are the hero trying to save your beloved that was kidnapped, but it turns out you are actually a piece of scum and she was running away from you
Touchfuzzy
Touchfuzzy
I once had a game where everyone thought this dude was the chosen one and there was this big prophecy, but in the end you find out the big bad who was sealed away forever ago was the creator of the entire prophecy and it was all a big trick to do exactly what was necessary to let him destroy everything.

The only way to actually win was to just not play.
bgillisp
bgillisp
I remember The Longest Journey did that. Everyone thought April was the chosen one, but...
Tea's Jams
Tea's Jams
Savage
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
@Touchfuzzy that's awesome, I would have loved to unknowingly play that game through.

@bgillisp have to check it out.
XIIIthHarbinger
XIIIthHarbinger
bgillisp
bgillisp
Ok. Though I will warn you it's an adventure game and it is really long. 13 Chapters total. But you can get it cheap on gog and steam now as it was released in 2000.
CleanWater
CleanWater
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 1 and 2, then Legacy of Kain: Defiance (playing as Raziel). :wink:
Touchfuzzy
Touchfuzzy
Honestly should throw in Blood Omen and Blood Omen 2 in there too to get the full Legacy of Kain experience.

Man that game had a mindboggling twisty but really good story.
Sharm
Sharm
I feel like talking about the Mistborn book trilogy is extremely relevant here. Prophecies created by the big bad and unknowingly followed by the heroes, other prophecies where the hero destined to save everything completely fails, the big bad pretending to be the hero and ruling everything, the world literally ending, ash falling from the sky is a normal thing, and more!
Sharm
Sharm
I wish I could go into more depth, but even though it's not all dark and has lots of really cool fun things, it was too dark for me and I had to quit reading, never finished.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
@Sharm you mean you didn't get to the end? It's quite relevant, that trilogy ends with the revelation that the girl isn't the hero of legend, and the guy with the memory storing magic was. He used it along with the power he took when she died to rebuild the world the way the memories said it should be. You really don't care for even slightly dark stories, huh?
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
What was cool about that series is it wasn't necessarily even that the big bad was evil. Well the spirit thing was but the guy who created the ash only did it by trying to save the world but he lacked the knowledge to do it right. Only with the stored memories of a past before the cataclysm could it be used without unintended consequences. A brilliant end to an otherwise subpar series I thought. :)
Sharm
Sharm
My life can be pretty dark by itself, I need my entertainment to be happier. I wouldn't exactly call some of the stuff in that series slightly dark though. I mean, it's not horror levels dark (which I really, really can't do), and the first book is just fine, but I don't know how you can interpret the stuff that happened to Marsh as slightly dark.
Sharm
Sharm
I've read the first two books and my friends told me what happens in the third. I've also read a few of the Wax and Wayne novels, which I think are more fun.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

230 paths... roughly 250 light sources on the screen... One serious lag fiesta... But I finally got it all the screen at once. I guess I could have also just made an event to spawn each one in exactly the location I needed, but that's sooo much less fun. :LZSwink:
A wee radio thing I made months and months and months ago. 2020 has felt like such a long year. Maybe made this before 2020.IDK anymore.

Made this one much more recently.
Stream will be live shortly with a surprise session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunette