what do you mean not good at all?
    Dec 22, 2012
  2. tpasmall
    tpasmall
    What needs to be rethought? The lore?
    Dec 22, 2012
  3. Robin
    Robin
    Yeah, it's an area I've avoided somewhat, as the game isn't set there, but it's awful. I don't have any good ideas for what the country and capital city really are like.
    Dec 22, 2012
  4. Kaiser
    Kaiser
    hmm well explain it to us and we'll do our best to help out.
    Dec 22, 2012
  5. Robin
    Robin
    Well, there's nothing much to share, it's more like I need to start again with this idea.
    Dec 22, 2012
  6. Lunarea
    Lunarea
    Country is made up of small towns, where each has a "mayor" family responsible for the town's prosperity.

(cont.)
    Dec 22, 2012
  7. Lunarea
    Lunarea
    The capital is a city where the royal court is located. Each of the "mayor" families has a family member at the court. The role they play depends on the size of their town.

(cont)
    Dec 22, 2012
  8. Lunarea
    Lunarea
    So, a small town would have a royal seamstress whereas a large town would have a royal advisor -family member.
    Dec 22, 2012
  9. Thalzon
    Thalzon
    ... And they all work together to make toys for all the human children of the world, which they deliver in the dead of night the same time every year.
    Dec 22, 2012
  10. Robin
    Robin
    Thanks, Luna. This should be a good foundation.
    Dec 22, 2012
  11. Robin
    Robin
    I have a few place names I like, for example, the county is currently called Silvanus. I'm just now trying to figure out some kind of nonclementure/thematic scheme for the town names.
    Dec 22, 2012
  12. Lunarea
    Lunarea
    Since Silvanus is "of the forest" in latin, maybe each town can be a kind of tree?

It just sounds neat ... Like the trees make a forest, the towns make a country. :)
    Dec 22, 2012
  13. tpasmall
    tpasmall
    Well since Silvanus is a latin word, maybe you could go along the lines of other latin words related to wood. Lignum, Clematis, Cydonia, Hedera, Achaea, etc.
    Dec 22, 2012
  14. tpasmall
    tpasmall
    luninja'd!
    Dec 22, 2012
  15. Robin
    Robin
    Yeah, that's a good idea. I've tried to go the more Latin route for that race. However, some Norse does sneak in.

Nemoris was one of the name I had already, being a latin poetic term for a wood or a tree. I'll get to it.
    Dec 22, 2012
  16. Robin
    Robin
    As an extra point, the name of Silvanus, the Ɓlfarian Commonwealth goes nicely with the idea of lots of towns coming together to govern. It's like you already knew, Luna. :p
    Dec 22, 2012
  17. Ruby
    Ruby
    Luna knows all, really.
    Dec 22, 2012
  18. Lunarea
    Lunarea
    I love when ideas come together nicely like that.

Glad I could help with the process! I love brainstorming. :D
    Dec 22, 2012
  19. Julien Brightside
    Julien Brightside
    Dec 22, 2012
  20. regigliak
    regigliak
    Your too fast, by the time I read the post it had been lunafied
    Dec 22, 2012