Kaiser
Kaiser
what do you mean not good at all?
tpasmall
tpasmall
What needs to be rethought? The lore?
Robin
Robin
Yeah, it's an area I've avoided somewhat, as the game isn't set there, but it's awful. I don't have any good ideas for what the country and capital city really are like.
Kaiser
Kaiser
hmm well explain it to us and we'll do our best to help out.
Robin
Robin
Well, there's nothing much to share, it's more like I need to start again with this idea.
Lunarea
Lunarea
Country is made up of small towns, where each has a "mayor" family responsible for the town's prosperity.

(cont.)
Lunarea
Lunarea
The capital is a city where the royal court is located. Each of the "mayor" families has a family member at the court. The role they play depends on the size of their town.

(cont)
Lunarea
Lunarea
So, a small town would have a royal seamstress whereas a large town would have a royal advisor -family member.
Thalzon
Thalzon
... And they all work together to make toys for all the human children of the world, which they deliver in the dead of night the same time every year.
Robin
Robin
Thanks, Luna. This should be a good foundation.
Robin
Robin
I have a few place names I like, for example, the county is currently called Silvanus. I'm just now trying to figure out some kind of nonclementure/thematic scheme for the town names.
Lunarea
Lunarea
Since Silvanus is "of the forest" in latin, maybe each town can be a kind of tree?

It just sounds neat ... Like the trees make a forest, the towns make a country. :)
tpasmall
tpasmall
Well since Silvanus is a latin word, maybe you could go along the lines of other latin words related to wood. Lignum, Clematis, Cydonia, Hedera, Achaea, etc.
tpasmall
tpasmall
luninja'd!
Robin
Robin
Yeah, that's a good idea. I've tried to go the more Latin route for that race. However, some Norse does sneak in.

Nemoris was one of the name I had already, being a latin poetic term for a wood or a tree. I'll get to it.
Robin
Robin
As an extra point, the name of Silvanus, the Álfarian Commonwealth goes nicely with the idea of lots of towns coming together to govern. It's like you already knew, Luna. :p
Ruby
Ruby
Luna knows all, really.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

now that fmod is free for indie(<200k revenue), it would be interesting to see someone add fmod support for rpg maker
Can't say I can't promise progress on a project just yet. But I can say I had fun databasing tonight. :)
Working on a new menu for my game. I'm not sure if I should get the Lune Engine to make it more unique. I think I'll be making the text color more white to match the "Menu" color. I may add some little stamps or markings to make it look more like it's paper.
SF_Monster6 added!

Wonder when the next theme contest is coming?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
comercenary