RPG Maker Forums

taarna23
taarna23
99 little bugs on the wall, 99 little bugs... Take one down, patch it around... 128 little bugs on the wall!
Windows i7
Windows i7
@taarna23 that happens with compiling errors in C++ too
taarna23
taarna23
@Windows i7 No... I'm pretty sure the whole project just implodes with code-shaped sparks in c++.

...I dislike unforgiving programming languages. Is it powerful? Absolutely. Does it end very badly if I get something ever-so-slightly wrong? Also absolutely.
bgillisp
bgillisp
I think I've spent longer fixing bugs and missing features in my game than it took to make, as I was able to beat my game in August 2016 and been doing bug fixes/missing features since.
TakeHomeTheCup
C++ -> long compile times -> error shows up near the end of compilation.

Or those times you get long error messages about a template.
Reactions: Shaz
GoodSelf
GoodSelf
@bgillisp Thats crazy - must be a huge game! It's inspiring to hear that it's still being worked on and polished!
Shaz
Shaz
Our first computer was a Commodore 64. Our first game was a text adventure that took an hour to load from tape. 4 times out of 5, right at the end of loading, it'd give an error!
Sharm
Sharm
Programmers are amazing! There's so much work and patience involved in things like finding and squashing bugs and getting something something to work just right (or hang in there with duct tape and a prayer), really something special.
Sharm
Sharm
I know that most people don't get it and either treat it like magic or something super easy, but you guys should know that there's at least one non-programmer who understands that it's intelligence, persistence, and hard work. *applauds*
Sharm
Sharm
Hang in there GoodSelf! You'll get there soon!
Shaz
Shaz
@Sharm "There's so much work and patience involved"
that's funny, because as a programmer, I find it fun and ... usually fairly easy. The statement you made is exactly what I think about artists and why I don't aspire to become one!
Marquise*
Marquise*
Well the bugs must make honor to their real world counter parts and be real pests hard to rid of to be named that way. ^^ no worries. It says nothing wrong about your work.
Marquise*
Marquise*
@Shaz & @Sharm I kinda love both of you ^^ (I manage to correct any bugs I see opening Photoshop. I do real graphic fixes instead of facing a single line of code XD LOL)
Sharm
Sharm
Yeah, it is kind of funny. I can see what you mean by thinking about how I feel about art. I think that just because it's fun and easy doesn't mean it's not work (or wasn't work to get to the easy stage). It's a good thing that you don't have to be an artist and I don't have to be a programmer and we can just have fun doing what we're great at and love.
Sharm
Sharm
When I try to do programming I feel like my brain is being rewritten and I get confused and a headache. It's not a fun time for me. I have had the rush of solving a bug or getting something to do what I want, and I can see how it'd be addicting, but overall it's just not for me.
Marquise*
Marquise*
I know how that feel. IRL when folks try to make me fill forms for some bureaucratic instance and it feels alien to me I quite get the panic mode... like being obligated to pass again some algebra exam. -_-; (That's my taxes every years folks!)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here's the one that flee from no foe, the brave Sir Kiwival! Also protagonist of my current project.

This is the cover art of new game, "Primordial Essence".
I'm amazed at the performance increase I saw in just going through and rescoping the variables in other people's plugins that I'm using. You know what that means? :LZSexcite:
//Tosses more absurd stuff onto the game of "Jenga" that is his RM project.
:rheh:
Browsing through Steam's Curator Connect, it seems the vast majority of curators haven't curated in months. I'm guessing people finally got tired of reviewing games for free. Can't blame them.
Satisfy my curiosity for a sec please, folks: how many people actively followed/follow my Slip into Ruby or Jump into Javascript series and have found them useful for learning what makes RM tick?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Makual