RPG Maker Forums

SpaceBot
SpaceBot
I like to just wing it when I start my first map and kind of go from there. Helps me think of ideas. Good luck!
stoovan
stoovan
I only ask because recently, I made up several ideas but most of them seem too long. And I don't wanna start with exposition.
SpaceBot
SpaceBot
I had one like that. I got pretty far into it but I stopped enjoying making it so I trashed it.
Why don't you try working with a long idea, but also trying to do a shorter game as well, maybe just try screwing around a bit and have fun with it so it doesn't become stressful.
SpaceBot
SpaceBot
The first game I ever made when I found out about rpg maker was a mini game where Hillary and Obama had to fight to determine who got to take over "heaven". And "heaven" was a map full of clowns and babies. Only made it to make my roommate laugh, but it also helped me learn a lot about the program.
SOC
SOC
Have you made your story outline yet?
bgillisp
bgillisp
Start in the middle, and add the intro later. That's what I did when I had no idea how to start.
Kuro DCupu
Kuro DCupu
First, double click the RPG Maker icon.
Shaz
Shaz
Yanfly made an illustrated guide on how to make your game (what order to do things in). I REALLY wish I had access to this when I started mine.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made an RPG Discord bot and it FINALLY got accepted on top.gg and is already trending!! <3
1st of March 2014 I joined and it has been a great experience for 6 whole years. The only thing I can say is a huge thank you to ALL members of this forum.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!!
Now irinea just blocked me in discord
Just finished making a character selector at the beginning of the game that allows the player to pick gender and skin tone. I couldn't be more pleased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerKruste