Comments on Profile Post by Parallax Panda

1. Mrs_Allykat
    Mrs_Allykat
    Galv's VN Buttons for RM, so make a RMVN!
    Sep 30, 2018
    Parallax Panda likes this.
  2. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    Haha, well that’s a creative solution but I think I’d be better off picking one or another :)
    Sep 30, 2018
  3. Milennin
    Milennin
    Make a visual novel first, to quench your thirst for writing. Then, make an RPG focused on gameplay.
    Sep 30, 2018
  4. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @Milennin when you put it like that it sounds like a good idea. I’ll consider going with that.
    Sep 30, 2018
    Milennin likes this.
  5. cabfe
    cabfe
    I've done both. VN for the story/gameplay and RM for the graphics/sprites/animations.
    Sep 30, 2018
  6. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @cabfe You mean you have finished both a VN and an RM game then? What took you the most time/effort/money to make? Which one made you the most profit/downloads...etc? :)
    Sep 30, 2018
  7. cabfe
    cabfe
    I've done 2 games. One is a mix VN/Adventure game for more gameplay than just spamming Enter, the other game is just a VN, both done in the RM engine. They required a lot of time&effort because I'm a perfectionist, but the pure VN was easier. I also knew the engine better, though. No profit/download stats as they're not released yet. Soon™ :)
    Sep 30, 2018
  8. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @cabfe if you did a VN in Rpg Maker I’m sure you had to jump through a lot of hoops to make that happen. RM is not really ideal for handling large conversation trees after all.
    Unless you desperately wanted RM’s built in battle system a VN adapted engine probably would’ve made more sense (and saved you time?).
    Sep 30, 2018
  9. cabfe
    cabfe
    There's no combat. I just use the engine for displaying stuff. Sure, I had to reprogram basic VN controls to emulate the functionalities, but in the end it works. It would have been faster with VN Maker for example, but you can't show your characters' sprites and make them move in VNM like in RM.
    Sep 30, 2018
  10. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    That might be. I'd probably use VN maker or velociraptor (<--Haha, RMW changed the name of their rival VN engine into that, funny. :D ) though... even though that would mean I'd not be able to easily add any game elements (not easily being able to do it means I'll not do it). In return, VN functionality would probably be better though.
    Sep 30, 2018