RPG Maker Forums

The Stranger
The Stranger
Don't be silly, of course there isn't. Hugs are the bestest! :)
Sharm
Sharm
Most hugs are, but when there's too many hugs that take from you and don't give back, it's not fun at all. I also know people who were abused or grew up in a culture where touching is way too personal and they don't like to be hugged. I think in those times there can be too many, but I think giving and sharing hugs are the best.
Reactions: Zeriab
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
1 hug is too many for me, RIP.
Dalph
Dalph
Depends about the person, hugs are very personal, I don't let anyone hug me nor I hug anyone except my wife. It's weird to hug strangers or friends, I just shake hands with them. I think women are more prone to show their affection with hugs.
Sharm
Sharm
To me a hug is "I like you so much and I want to share that with you" so friends and family or even new people that I like right away, I like giving hugs. I've always been like that. My mom used to be terrified that someone would kidnap me because I was always giving hugs to everyone and I was apparently very cute.
Sharm
Sharm
I try to be understanding of how other people are, and give them space, but the people around me who weren't hugging people have gotten used to it and would be sad if I didn't now. They're still not into hugs with other people though. I hope I wasn't too much of a bother, but I'm glad I don't have to hold back how I feel, you know?
Sharm
Sharm
I'm curious, what does a hug mean to everyone else?
The Stranger
The Stranger
@Sharm Awwh! I imagine you made a lot of people smile as a kid. <3 I know we like to teach that whole stranger danger thing, but I think it teaches children the wrong things. It teaches them that they should fear those they don't know, when the most common threat is from those they do know. It sounds like you were just a very friendly and loving child. :)
The Stranger
The Stranger
For me, a hug is many things. It depends on who I'm hugging and how I'm hugging. However, they're all expressions of love to some degree. I like to touch and to be touched, and you can't get much closer to someone than a hug. It not only allows me to express my love for friends, family, or a lover, but it also makes me feel cherished. It's difficult for me to explain. lol.
TakeHomeTheCup
I try to avoid hugs with people around my age. Kids and people old enough to be my parents, I'm okay with
Traveling Bard
Traveling Bard
I hug friends and family. There are variations depending on how comfortable that person might be with said hug. So it might just be an arm around their shoulder, a side hug, or a full on. I have one friend that I used to hug and spin around in circles (still do actually even in our 30s lol). I feel like, at some level, we all need that friendly affirmation. It's like a smile we share together.
Traveling Bard
Traveling Bard
I think a hug can mean a lot of things too... everything from a welcoming "hey there" to "I love you". But at the center of it, it's some degree of care or love for that person that you want to make sure you express & they understand.
chungsie
chungsie
too many hugs sounds like the name of a band. at least it reminds me of Hugs by Lonely Island.
Sausage_Boi
Sausage_Boi
NO! There can be "too-LONG" hugs, lol, but too many hugs is impossible.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
Hugs seem too final for me. That's part of the reason I don't like them. Like, "I want to be able to touch you once more before I/you go." I think I'm into too many depressing stories.
Sharm
Sharm
@HexMozart88 That's so sad! I hug people pretty randomly, not just when saying goodbye. Maybe you would like them if you had more people like me in your life.
HexMozart88
HexMozart88
I do have a lot of people like you, LOL. My best friend is like you. I just tend to see affection in general as final. The reason is that people always tell me to use it as much as possible because it may be the last time I see them, so I see displays of affection as a jinx.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

currently listening to Driftwood Gaming streaming some MZ dev time and it's delightful! had no idea they were this entertaining, love it
In quarantine, will be tested soon. This year is really something... special.
I was at another orientation yesterday and I realized I'll be working with an old friend! We met at the local water park a few years back and it was so nice to see her again! We had a chat, and next week when I officially start, I'll see if maybe we can trade our Zoom IDs so we can talk!
I made some sideview closets for MV!
You can find them in my MV resource thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purboy