RPG Maker Forums

Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
...he arose with a loud rasp and a hacking cough, then just looked at me in confusion, panting and bewildered at suddenly being in the car...vet says he thinks it was a seizure, I just don't know. He's dehydrated but bloodworks otherwise fine. Staying for observation but I don't want to leave him.
The Stranger
The Stranger
That sounds like it was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for you. Can seizures make you stop breathing? I knew they could make people blackout, but I didn't know they could stop you breathing.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
That's what I'm wondering too. He has asthma so maybe it was more asthma + seizure? But it also lasted almost an hour...I don't know, I thought he was gone, he was gone for at least a few minutes because when I carried him to the car he had no pulse. Then 10-15 minutes down the road he just started rasping in breaths again.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
It's really difficult right now because I'd already let him go and now he seems okay. It's like he clawed his way back for me even though I'd already given up hope and I feel guilty about that, but at the same time don't want to hope again yet because I'm scared he'll get worse again. Just an awful feeling.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Awwh. He sounds like such a poorly dog. How do you treat asthma in a dog? I have to take a preventer inhaler twice a day just to keep my asthma under control. What do you do if he suffers an asthma attack? I know people still don't really take asthma seriously, but it kills quite a lot of people every year.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
There are pills they can take and I've been running a humidifier around him which people say helps. He's only been asthmatic for about 6 months or so (that's when his breathing started getting really wheezy and I had him checked out anyway). Unfortunately so far he's gotten worse not better, for the past month or so he's been struggling for breaths more often than not.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Do you think he could be dying?
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
I thought he was, the vet seems to think he could make a recovery though. I've already accepted his death and am terrified to hope otherwise and find out it's false hope. I don't want him to suffer but I don't want to let him go either. He's been with me since I was a child, saw me through my dad's death and helped me cope with a lifetime of depression.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
He lived a good almost 14 years though. Even when I was homeless and living through poaching and illegal camping he was right there with me, my good buddy always keeping me sane. I'd go hungry to feed him because even when my mind was to sick for me to take care of myself I wouldn't allow myself to lose him. Now it's out of my hands but first and foremost I don't want him to keep suffering like he did this morning.
The Stranger
The Stranger
Awwh. Your story breaks my heart. :( Sounds like he's so much more than just a dog to you. Even though his health is failing him, he will always have you, his loyal friend, at his side. :) How are you coping? It must be difficult to see him in such a state.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with a surprise session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
MZ life hack of the day: using unnecessary sparams (MP cost and Floor damage) for custom stats for Visustella’s core engine.
I'm working on Juzu the Fox right now and had a great idea. I'll try to add Crystal Temples to the game! These function a lot like the ring pieces and their barriers in Dark Deception, holding the realm together. After finding all the key charms, you must enter the Crystal Temple and defeat the beast guarding it.
I thought too much about improve mechanic while forget that I actually just want focus on a simple story.
Is there anyone who would like to resize some of sprites I've got and put them into MV sheet? I'm bad at that kind of things. I want to make a game, but I lack in resources and I'm bad at recolouring them, so my only option was to use a sprite maker from one game (Ive got permission to use it) but these are sprites from VX Ace and I only have MV. So, is there anyone interested in helping me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PK_Brody