Comments on Profile Post by Parallax Panda

1. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    You could always do what I did when I wrote the story up for my game...write the first thing that comes to mind. Of course, you will get some disasters that way. I had one that I just ended with "Then aliens invaded" as I knew it was terrible by then.
    Oct 12, 2018
    Parallax Panda and SpaceBot like this.
  2. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @bgillisp The problem with that, because I’ve tried it, is that I always succumb to the cringe and preassure of wanting to make something decent. And I end up not enjoying what I’m creating, which after a while gives me this unbearable feeling of apathy towards my work - which is usually where I give up. Because st that point I don’t care anymore.
    Oct 12, 2018
  3. Countyoungblood
    Countyoungblood
    you might try to work backwards.. think of an ending.. then think of a scene somewhere before and figure out how B came from A. sometimes imagination needs a novelty.
    Oct 13, 2018
    Parallax Panda likes this.
  4. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    I have the problem of focusing too much on the future of my writings and not enough on the now.
    Oct 13, 2018
  5. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @Countyoungblood I’ve tried that too, but going backwards didn’t work well for me. I do think it’s an good idea to come up with the end as soon as possible though, otherwise you don’t know where the story needs to go or how much further it has to go on.
    Oct 13, 2018
  6. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    I think I can help you, but I'm unfamiliar with the term outline.
    Oct 13, 2018
    Parallax Panda likes this.
  7. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @Benny Jackdaw Many authors choose to write an outline of their story before they start writing they actual novel/story. It's basically a road map that you can follow so you don't have to make everything up as you go. Planning ahead to put it simple.
    Oct 13, 2018
  8. Benny Jackdaw
    Benny Jackdaw
    just think about the story as a whole. when I come up with a story, I generally think up how the story will go in a nutshell and use that as my map.
    Oct 13, 2018
  9. Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    @Benny Jackdaw That's not how my creative mind works though. I come up with a single character, scene or maybe even just a line of dialogue that I like and then I try to make a story out of it.
    Oct 13, 2018