Oct 13, 2018
    Kvothe likes this.
  2. Kvothe
    Kvothe
    Thanks xD. Now I have to do the collision editor and particle for map
    Oct 14, 2018
  3. Poryg
    Poryg
    Looks like I'm going to have to look at this plugin, since solving light via filters is kind of hacky.
    Oct 14, 2018
    Kvothe likes this.
  4. Kvothe
    Kvothe
    @Poryg hahaha when I share for public you'll see. It is in truth very simple to do
    Oct 14, 2018
    Poryg likes this.
  5. Poryg
    Poryg
    I know it is simple. I saw the example. I avoided it until now though.
    Oct 14, 2018
    Kvothe likes this.
  6. Shaz
    Shaz
    whoa that is awesome! What's the performance hit like?
    Oct 14, 2018
    Kvothe likes this.
  7. Poryg
    Poryg
    It's nothing for weaker gpus and hence mobiles. For low end audience and mobiles pure tint is much better, because in webgl mode tint doesn't slow the domputer down at all. If you have at least a half decent gpu though, the strain it puts on it should be manageable and the extra cpu load that comes from constant renderTexture making should not be too bad as long as you don't use too wide screen res.
    Oct 14, 2018
  8. Poryg
    Poryg
    Note that renderTexture is a snapshot of a container. In PIXI they are meant to be a lightweight solution for static things like backgrounds etc., since you don't need to update a static background. Of course MV taking snapshots 60 frames per second is heavier on performance than regular container, so there's some performance drawback. However...
    Oct 14, 2018
  9. Poryg
    Poryg
    with a well optimized parallax mapping engine it would probably work wonders.
    Oct 14, 2018
  10. Kvothe
    Kvothe
    @Poryg : thank you for the feedback for Shaz :)

@Shaz : I'll test how many light until slow down, but until now... dropped only 1 FPS in my tests, of course... my PC isn't so good. Pretty old (6 years)
    Oct 15, 2018
    Shaz likes this.