RPG Maker Forums

Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Essentially it breaks down dialogue to the point where it can be nothing but a flame war which is just a shame. Context as a literary precept desperately needs to be resurrected. We're literally gutting our ability to articulate broader ideas with each other, virtually the only thing that separates humans from the rest of Animalia.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
@samkfj auto-da-fé; whether condemning people, books, or thought itself humans just cannot seem to move past this simple barbarism or see it for what it is. Even as we condemn our own parents for falling into its trappings we continue to repeat the idea that ideas should be suppressed.
XIIIthHarbinger
XIIIthHarbinger
Personally I make a habit of butchering sacred cows, simply because they exist. A church once sent people to my house on a Saturday to bug me about their religion. So I showed up on a Sunday on the sidewalk that ran parallel to their church with "666" written on my forehead, & cardboard sign that said "Donate to the temple of eternal darkness."
XIIIthHarbinger
XIIIthHarbinger
Personally I don't really care who prays to what, so long as they leave me alone about it. But once you take it upon yourself to make it an issue, you're fair game. & I thoroughly enjoy watching people head's metaphorically explode.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
I like to think of myself as an irreverent cur but yeah, I've got nothing that even comes close to that one. I almost envy you assuming there's more to that story than internet bravado.

Then again, classical religion in my experiences aren't the one's making an issue of anything these days, that torch seems to have mostly passed on to others.
OmnislashXX
OmnislashXX
Hmm. NPC,,NPC, NPC. There, I said it.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
@OmnislashXX It's only been offensive for a couple of weeks, it isn't actually a taboo here (yet?). Go say it a bunch on twitter and you'll get banned though, that's how I first found out about it.
XIIIthHarbinger
XIIIthHarbinger
Oh it wasn't much beyond opportunity, & happening to have a sharpie & some cardboard handy in my truck, then giving in to my impulse for mischief. When I was younger I was simply often in the mood for antics. For example walking home one night past some high priced restaurant full of the usual assortment of preppies, I did the first thing that came to mind.
XIIIthHarbinger
XIIIthHarbinger
Namely I ran right up the restaurant's largest window people looked through out on the street from their tables, & started banging on the glass screaming about aliens & anal probings.
XIIIthHarbinger
XIIIthHarbinger
Though I agree the religious types seem to have toned it down quite a bit. I still remember the days when every other thing you listened to, read, played, or watched was proof that you worshipped the devil.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Gotta admit though the concept of using npc as an insult is rather brilliant. The more I think about it the more I respect the expedience of the term as a form of social commentary.

Also this is hilarious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chue0bPORuU
XIIIthHarbinger
XIIIthHarbinger
You might enjoy this then.
Marsigne
Marsigne
The way they quickly addressed it makes me think that there's a truth they're admitting to. Could just be the sheer genius, but hey, sometimes I think the modern government/authority might just be the new religion.
Paladin-Cleric of Awesome
Paladin-Cleric of Awesome
Ii don't understand. How can NPC be a slur? You can totally tell that I don't really do social media, or political stuff, or pretty much interact with the world in general! lol
SpaceBot
SpaceBot
Just like how you can't say "you guys" anymore. lmfao... thanks I will stick to talking how I want to talk. I guess I'll be ticketed a lot in our bubbled future.
Marsigne
Marsigne
@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome An NPC usually lives a peaceful but repetitive life, saying the same things and seemingly having no goal. Their future is much secure compared to a protagonist, but in a world with rapidly-changing information and a high pace, those wanting to be a protagonist but get told to be an NPC will feel insulted.(1)
Marsigne
Marsigne
@SpaceBot I didn't know such word was frowned upon, should I say "you robots" then? Because "you people" is too formal for what "you guys" is used for. :D(2)
SpaceBot
SpaceBot
You're supposed to say You all because some idiots cried about "you guys" being sexist
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
You all... y'all? Wait, the "racist, sexist" south was somehow ahead of the curve for once?

That's ridiculous though, I sometimes volunteer at a soup kitchen where I'm frequently the only 'guy' there. Care to guess how many times i hear "thanks ladies" in a day? The whole gender offense thing is just nonsense.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
And what about the fact that I lf I call a guy a dick it's just a mild insult but calling someone a **** is just terrible(also censored)? Is this sexism too? Nope, only when the male generalization is used is it offensive, doesn't matter if a term flows both ways. Selective outrage is all any of it is.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yay, now back in action Happy Christmas time, coming back!

Back in action to develop the indie game that has been long overdue... Final Fallacy. A game that keeps on giving! The development never ends as the developer thinks to be the smart cookie by coming back and beginning by saying... "Oh bother, this indie game has been long overdue..." How could one resist such? No-one c
So I was playing with filters and this looked interesting...

Versus the normal look...

Kind of gives a very different feel. :LZSexcite:
To whom ever person or persons who re-did the DS/DS+ asset packs for MV (as in, they are all 48x48, and not just x2 the pixel scale) .... THANK-YOU!!!!!!!!! XwwwwX
It's Saturday already. Last Saturday felt just like yesterday. o_o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debraames