Comments on Profile Post by watermark

1. samkfj
    samkfj
    Now--don't quote me... but I do recall someone in the past few days make a profile post that it was gonna be announced soon.
    Oct 26, 2018
    Marsigne and watermark like this.
  2. Ksi
    Ksi
    Check the Degica twitter account. It's already been announced as incoming. Not ETA on time yet.
    Oct 26, 2018
    Marsigne, watermark and Knayter like this.
  3. Plueschkatze
    Plueschkatze
    There will be an announcement regarding IGMC on the IGMC twitter account today (as said on their twitter), so it might be this year. But I bet there will be another one next year, so don't stress yourself too much about it.
    Oct 26, 2018
    Marsigne and watermark like this.
  4. watermark
    watermark
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
    Oct 26, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  5. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    People have been hinting about it lately, my game is almost near demo status. But even then, It won't be ready until it's ready.
    Oct 26, 2018
  6. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    @OmnislashXX : The rules in the past years require you to start your project at or after the required date, so you'd not be able to enter it anyways. Though you could still use it as motivation to get a demo done?
    Oct 26, 2018
    Marsigne likes this.
  7. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Lol. A deadline before we even Start? Honestly, I' d rather have something actually worth showing than try to rush for some contest. Good luck, folks!
    Oct 27, 2018
  8. watermark
    watermark
    U know what’ll prob happen? I’ll prob do it anyway, and it’ll be h*** and game’ll be cra***. Just can’t help it. XD
    Oct 27, 2018
  9. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @watermark, this is a very off topic. The contest should have a different level of experience in RPG maker and Digital art.
    It is kind of clear that who going to win. It is encouraged the professional digital artists, but it would discourage the beginners. Look at the arts, you will feel like a failure. Do you agree?
    Oct 27, 2018
  10. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    @Kupotepo : I found it handy to enter in 2014 just for the feedback I got. Just make something and don't expect to win for the best time with it, unless you have a way to compete with the big groups with the skilled artists.
    Oct 27, 2018
  11. watermark
    watermark
    Did I inadvertently start an IGMC thread here? XD Actually guys, statistically speaking, you DON'T NEED good art to win. They've had RTP winners even.
    Oct 27, 2018
  12. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @bgillisp, I understand that you get feedbacks for free. You are proved my point If people do not start at same place how it is fair ? It is not about wining. It is about perception of fairness and increase participation. Please do not be offense, it is not attack. It is a suggestion.
    Oct 27, 2018
  13. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @watermark, sorry for going off topic. I think it is important to go into a detail.
    Oct 27, 2018
  14. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Personally I wish it were fairer too, as I feel I cannot compete with those teams that organize for this. Having a solo vs group project category would go a long ways to solving this (though not sure how it could be enforced). But you can still get some benefit out of it if you go into it with the right mindset.
    Oct 27, 2018
    Kupotepo likes this.
  15. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @bgillisp, the website may just create a disciplinary action which similar to if someone are being dishonest the rip resources. I forget that about the aspects of solo and group project. I am thinking over. I agree with you it is hard to create or measure if someone is being honest.
    Oct 27, 2018
  16. Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @bgillisp, it is unfortunate that the perception came first before a mindset. It is like verify first in order to trust.

@watermark, I and everyone here who has others outside responsibilities want to join the contest, but unfornatualy, we are busy rightnow.
    Oct 27, 2018
  17. Ksi
    Ksi
    Reminder that a fair amount of winners and placements in the past years weren't the prettiest games but the most polished and fun ones. Just because your game doesn't look amazing doesn't mean you won't win something. YOMOTSU, Cope Island, Remnants of Isolation and other winners were RTP-based games. Just keep that in mind - a fun, polished game will beat out a gallery game every time.
    Oct 27, 2018
    Kupotepo likes this.