RPG Maker Forums

Poryg
Poryg
almost finish the base for loading and saving images and music! Without MV's encryption it would be so much easier, but encryption is required by DLCs, so I had to reverse engineer decryption (turns out that while the decryption process uses unchanged functions, encryption has changed to the point where it's no longer possible to just delete a couple of bytes)...
Poryg
Poryg
Still, due to this I spent hours devising a plan on how to deal with xhr... Which gets complicated quite quickly due to the fact that event based programming loses context!
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
Why do you need to decrypt the RPG maker Mv 's encryption? I thought that it creates to protect the information.
Poryg
Poryg
I didn't need to reverse engineer MV's encryption, but the decryption. Reverse engineering MV's encryption would break MV's eula.
Poryg
Poryg
The reason why I needed to do that though is quite simple. MV's dlc's terms of use require encryption of the assets. And MV's encryption is the most commonly used one, since it's the most accessible one.
Any assets that have been encrypted are completely useless unless they get decrypted first. And in order to decrypt it I had to figure out how the decryption works.
Kupotepo
Kupotepo
It is like a compressed and uncompressed folder? Have you just used the correct password to unlocked the encryption? I try to understand your situation, sorry for that; you have to write a paragraph essay.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's my cute little ghost~
Minecraft Dungeons is a great example of a game that's much simpler than other games in its genre but almost as equally immersive and fun to play. Lotta RPGmaker devs could learn from that lesson.
Well, it's been a while since the last time I came here... Is there a JS scripting FAQ? I'd like to know what it's capable of achieving, and how :rswt
I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?
Vote for what I show more indepth on Twitter tomorrow from the MZ default resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urza220