RPG Maker Forums

cabfe
cabfe
"first game" and "massive rpg" in the same sentence, hmmm... Well, good luck anyway!
bgillisp
bgillisp
See your game in 5 years then. And I wish I was kidding, I did the same thing you did, started in 2014, and am still working on it.
mhelz1k4
mhelz1k4
Well it`s just my hobby. I just want to make a game, because i want to leave something to everyone specially for my friend or in my future son when i died hehe.
mhelz1k4
mhelz1k4
@cabfe sorry i`m not good in english. pardon me.
cabfe
cabfe
@mhelz1k4 Don't worry about your English! I was just talking about how many newcomers try to make a big game for their first, and 99% of the time utterly fail... Start slow and short, learn the engine first. Dedication is key, too!
bgillisp
bgillisp
It can be done though. Just go into it expecting it to take years to complete if you do. And also expect to restart it a few times in the first year or two as you learn the engine.
SimProse
SimProse
Yep, I started with a small 3-4 hour game out of the gate, knowing there would be a learning curve. Best way to go, IMO.
mhelz1k4
mhelz1k4
i`m using rpg maker vx ace for almost a year. i studied all what i need to make a game and gather all the scripts i need. I`m starting doing this game for almost 3months straight without going outside of my house.
mhelz1k4
mhelz1k4
12 to 20 hours every day. without getting out on my computer or taking any break. Yeah , maybe i finish this game after years, decades or a long long time, but this is what i want , i love doing it. specially creating my own stories using my own imaginations. maybe it`s a childish attitude, but i want to do something to remember me or to create something wonderful by my self.
mhelz1k4
mhelz1k4
Maybe after years from now, i will be one of the 1% who surpass this kind of ambition.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png
My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_single_firefly