RPG Maker Forums

samkfj
samkfj
Wait--what?
FleshToDust
FleshToDust
You planning on robbing a bank or something?
Poryg
Poryg
I'm not really sad though, to be honest. Because I know that if that vest saves me from a critical injury, it's cheap enough. And if it saves my life, no amount of cash could possibly match that.
Poryg
Poryg
Nah, not planning on robbing a bank. I'm a security worker. And I work in a potentially dangerous place.
samkfj
samkfj
Just be careful then man, keep your iron strapped.
Poryg
Poryg
Will do,I'm not planning on dying yet. And I'm still lucky to not be working at a supermarket, because just last year our country had over 7 thousand cases of people assaulting/getting agressive towards a security worker, among which a couple hundred were knife attacks/threats.
samkfj
samkfj
Oh man... desperation is a difficult thing... but seven thousand and knife attacks?
Poryg
Poryg
Bad people are getting increasingly aggressive towards security workers, so I need to be ready. I would have bought a stab vest, but unfortunately in the EU I can't get one fast enough due to defence equipment export laws. So I had to resort to the only thing I could find in Czech republic... Bulletproof vest. But I made sure this vest can deal with knife attacks too.
Poryg
Poryg
Yup, seven thousand attacks or threats. Knife incidents were only a couple of hundred among these, but even still it's a chance I'm not going to risk. What is worse, this were just the stats of one security company. Not all of them in total.
samkfj
samkfj
Crazy world man... hopefully you will never need it, but at least you're now prepared. Are you allowed to carry a weapon?
Poryg
Poryg
As long as I keep it holstered, yes. I'll buy a baton and a knife once I get my salary, to make sure I'm properly armed. We have pepper sprays from our employer, but security in our country is so underestimated that these sprays are too tiny to be of any worth.
Reactions: samkfj
samkfj
samkfj
Get a good flashlight too. They have those ones that blink multiple times a second. Stared into it on a dare--was sick for about three hours.
Reactions: Poryg
Poryg
Poryg
You're absolutely right, that's a great tip and many no-bs self-defence experts recommend a flashlight as well. It doesn't do any harm, but will blind the opponent and give you enough time to escape.
Reactions: samkfj
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
$5000? What the hell, you can buy a riot shield for half that over here. Does your country have some insane tax markup on protective gear or something? ****, my vest (that I never wear because it's so bloody uncomfortable) wasn't even a grand and it's top of the line for civilian ballistic resistance.
Poryg
Poryg
Whoops. I typed in one extra zero. Editing.
samkfj
samkfj
@Poryg You would be surprised how much damage a flashlight can do. Useful as a tool and a weapon in a pinch. I always carry a flashlight everywhere, you never know when you need one.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
I knew that couldn't be right. Glad you've got that extra bit of insurance now though. Just remember, situational awareness is worth more than any vest...bit added security is added security.
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
@samkfj The right flashlight is as good as any nightstick. Get one of those big 'Ol maglights that cops like to carry on late night traffic stops. I'll tell you from experience you get a good blow in with one of those the guy you hit stays down, always keep one between the seat and door to my car, good multi-functional tool right there. :D
samkfj
samkfj
@Philosophus Vagus Very true indeed. I did the same for a long time, but now I have a smaller one, military LumTech it's even ridged for poking people if needed. Very bright and can blink (I believe) 8 times a second.
Poryg
Poryg
Situational awareness is a good thing, but you're not going to stop a knife attack from point blank range unless you are trained in such combat (and oftentimes even with such training). Furthermore, any knife related wound can be lethal due to the fact that it can hit vital veins, so it's best to avoid them altogether.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

No vaccine till at least spring 2021. Have not seen our parents since Dec 2019. But at least we can phone each other. How is everyone else's situation?
:( ... sigh, having trouble knowing where to draw highlights. Novice pixel artist issues.
Hey there folks. I've got this game I've been working on story & design for over a few years. Trying out MZ to prototype it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KUTSHKY