RPG Maker Forums

samkfj
samkfj
The best fights are the ones you don't have.
Poryg
Poryg
As for flashlights... I think I'll pick a small one, but a bright one. I don't want to have to carry large belts, because they are rather unwieldy. Carrying the flashlight in my hand is out of the question, since I need both hands due to spending a lot of time locking and unlocking doors. And if I ever have to use it, only to buy me enough time for baton or knife.
samkfj
samkfj
If you really look--you'll find a lot of very intimidating weapons. I used to have a baton that if you pressed a button, the business end of the baton would launch outward and reveal a medium length sword. Also--though maybe not as practical... they have those collapsible bo staffs that are only as big as a roll of coins.
samkfj
samkfj
But for real practicality, a collapsible baton works well. Can fit in a pocket, light and very effective.
Poryg
Poryg
The sword thingy would get me fired. Not to mention, it would endanger my life, because from the legal standpoint I'd be threating their life with the swird thingy (doesn't matter if it's fake or not as long as it looks real) and they can do whatever it takes to survive, even kill me. So I'd say, I don't need an intimidation tool, I need a self defence tool.
Reactions: samkfj
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
I'm partial to the CZ75B, full size, full steel frame and slide In a sleek, accurate and properly intimidating handgun. Definitely what I'd carry if I were a Czech security guard. Even as an American it's just about my favorite handgun. Pop a riggid flashlight on the under-barrel and with its weight you've got the best of all three.
samkfj
samkfj
Then a baton would be your best bet. Though collapsible is great--I tell this same thing to people that want to purchase a firearm... try it out, hold it, feel the weight and use it... and after you've tried a few the one that feels the best is the one for you.
Poryg
Poryg
This is for example the reason why it is not recommended to carry a gas pistol. Because the moment you pull it out, the other people can pull out a real gun and shoot you. Also, it's not something our bosses like to see. A baton is much more acceptable.
samkfj
samkfj
@Philosophus Vagus Good choice--but me personally, I'm old school... very old school. Nothing less than a .45 will do for me, and I always have my Springfield 1911 with me.
Poryg
Poryg
@Philosophus Vagus I don't have a state permit to carry weapons, so it's out of the question for me anyway :D
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Hopefully to disarm the confrontation from a distance before it starts, though if it got to close quarters too fast You'd have a weighty club to deflect and fight back with (ideally alongside a baton) as well as a flashlight to blind them with. Unless your employer feels that's excessive force regardless of circumstances, I know a lot of security guards here in the US have guns but have to keep them unloaded.
Reactions: Poryg
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
@samkfj Yeah, you sound like my grandfather. "What you doing with that pea shooter, boy? Get yourself a 1911, that's a proper weapon." :D Of course, this was a man who carried a sawed-off 12 gauge in his truck for 50 years, and changes to the laws be damned. Frightening old cuss, never saw any back talk from me that's for sure. Best firearms instructor a boy could want though. :)
samkfj
samkfj
samkfj
samkfj
If so--then my condolences. :(
Philosophus Vagus
Philosophus Vagus
Yes, he was. Shame, that. He was the kind of man you can't really picture dying, much less dying in a hospital bed, so even though he went at 89 it still sort of caught literally everybody completely by surprise when it happened.

I mean, just days before he passed I'm told he was out changing a tractor tire alone. Age never seemed to phase that man until his time came. I'd like to be like that, I find it inspiring.
samkfj
samkfj
That is very inspiring. The human body is capable of anything. I hope I can make it to that age--and I hope someone will say I inspired them to do something too.
Storyteller-Hero
Storyteller-Hero
If you decorate or color the vest, it could double as a costume piece for cosplay. Get more of your money's worth that way.
Shaz
Shaz
There are a lot of comments and I haven't read them all, but if you need a security vest for work, shouldn't your employer be getting it for you, at their expense? If they get out of that somehow, you should be able to claim it as a tax deduction (not as good, but you still get a little bit back)
Reactions: Poryg
Poryg
Poryg
Actually, my current workplace is only a potentially dangerous job. Danger is a huge anomaly, because it's a giant complex of houses and when we het somewhere where a burglar had visited, they're not there anymore.
Poryg
Poryg
However, since we are dealing with burglars, I will not underestimate my chances. If I meet one in close quarters and they fight me, it can get messy quite quickly. Also, in our country the laws are so flexible that you as an employer can oftentimes get away even without providing necessary stuff to your employee.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not going to lie... PIXI Particles make fantastic graphics... But predicting the hitbox of something with a "fixed size" but whose graphics can stick out past that, is quite challenging. :kaoswt:
Would you like a glass of spiders?
Besides my Might and Magic inspired project, I have always wanted to make a Fire Emblem-like game. Time is the culprit... Between life, composing music packs, and working on a game can it be done!? The tactical plugins for MV work quite well based on what I have tested.
Yaaay! My second public script is out and approved! A VX Ace Final Fantasy IX styled Throw Script!

I look forward to all the constructive feedback I get but most importantly I hope everyone who ends up using it enjoys!

Yaaaay! Making scripts is fun lol. :D
When you're lost out therrrrre and you're alllll alone, ahwahwah waitin, to carry you hooooommmme, uhhheverywhere you look! (someone hit me with those backing vocals)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz