Traveling Bard likes this.
  2. overlordmikey
    overlordmikey
    My logic, they're gay BFFs.
    Nov 8, 2018
    Uzuki likes this.
  3. Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    What I want to know is what Vaan is even doing? Ashe is clearly the protagonist but for some reason square chose to do the same 'hide the protagonist behind the narrator' crap they did with X.

It worked in x because at least Tidus had a reason to be there, Vaan just kind of tags along without a purpose mostly in XII.
    Nov 8, 2018
  4. RetroExcellent
    RetroExcellent
    Fran and Balthier are platonic BFFs, besides she is quite a bit older than him, I'm more for Balthier and Ashe.
    Nov 8, 2018
  5. bgillisp
    bgillisp
    There's no romance in ffxii. The expansion ffxii2 has some though
    Nov 8, 2018
  6. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Because the last real great Final Fantasy was 10. After that, forget it.
    Nov 8, 2018
  7. Uzuki
    Uzuki
    @Philosophus Vagus Well first Basch was going to be the main character, but Square stepped in mid-development and said that old hairy men don't sell so they shifted it to Ashe. But luckily she was already a focal point of the story so it wasn't that much work, but then Square stepped in again and said that women don't sell games and so they had to make the tutorial monkey, Vaan, the audience lenses.
    Nov 8, 2018
    Mooshry likes this.
  8. punchybot
    punchybot
    I always said that if they take that world in FFXII, and mix in the ideas of Skies of Arcadia (airship battles), you would have a very beautiful game baby.
    Nov 8, 2018