Comments on Profile Post by Faye Valentine

1. Finnuval
    Finnuval
    sorry to hear that, that's rough.
    Nov 17, 2018
  2. Faye Valentine
    Faye Valentine
    Thanks, man. Rough indeed. Couldn't save nothing but the maps - had around ~100 scripts and many common events, so yeah, no chance of redoing.
    Nov 17, 2018
  3. SmashArtist
    SmashArtist
    That's terrible! I'm sorry. > o <'
    Nov 17, 2018
    Finnuval likes this.
  4. Nantas
    Nantas
    I have had the same, but not for an IGMC project yesterday. I have lost 4 weeks of work.
    Nov 17, 2018
    Faye Valentine likes this.
  5. Faye Valentine
    Faye Valentine
    Oh man, 4 weeks is a lot of progress. It's really hard to find the will to continue when such things happens.
    Nov 17, 2018
    Nantas likes this.
  6. cabfe
    cabfe
    How did it get corrupted? Maybe it's just one map and not the whole project?
    Nov 17, 2018
  7. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    Whew. Just made a backup save for me, fortunately. These horror stories keep me on my toes.
    Nov 17, 2018
    Nantas likes this.
  8. Nantas
    Nantas
    ALWAYS backup. Every day before leaving work, on an external drive (like USB Key). 4 weeks was too much, and what I was working on seems to be lost forever. I won't work on it again (80h+ work !)
    Will maybe make a new project continuing on the fondation of my game. That will be the only way to regain motivation.
    Nov 17, 2018
  9. Faye Valentine
    Faye Valentine
    @cabfe: power shortage, had rmvx ace open. and no, i made several tests. all the maps except one are ok, the rest of the rvdata2 files are corrupted. tested one by one.
    Nov 17, 2018
  10. Faye Valentine
    Faye Valentine
    so basically i lost around ~140 skills, ~100 scripts, 2 bosses, 8 enemies and some common events that were important. @Nantas: yeah, will have to make a backup every single day from now on ;-;
    Nov 17, 2018
  11. cabfe
    cabfe
    Ouch, that gotta hurt... Condolences.
    Nov 17, 2018
  12. punchybot
    punchybot
    I'm going to ride on the sails of your misfortune and let you know that you reminded me to back up my data. Thanks homie! (RIP your game)
    Nov 17, 2018
    Nantas and Faye Valentine like this.
  13. Faye Valentine
    Nov 17, 2018
    punchybot likes this.
  14. OmnislashXX
    OmnislashXX
    RIP Faye.
    Nov 17, 2018